1. Character name, Server
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Paladin, Blood Elf, Protection. Azerite Level 30
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nis/Naniya
Currently in raid talents, so should be good to go!
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Usually online (or at least available) from 12pm EST to 12am EST. Those aren't set in stone tho, if need be I can be available earlier as well as later. Got quite a flexible schedule, and there aren't any times I'm definitely unavailable either. (: I don't see these times changing either.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Since I feel this got a bit long, here is a TLDR:
Started playing WoW in march 2017
Nighthold 10/10 H (Heroic only guild at the time)
ToS 7/9 M
Antorus 11/11 M
Uldir currently 5/8 M
And the full story for those who wanna know (:
I'll start at the very beginning. I only started playing WoW in march of 2017, that was a couple weeks after NH opened. I previously played a couple other MMOs where I also raided and pushed content tho.
As I was still interested in raiding, I joined a guild by the name of "Mythic". Given the name I expected us to do mythic, at least at some point... but we didn't. We cleared all of heroic NH. I stayed with that guild until August, progressing on heroic Mistress Sassz'ine at the time. How I left is it's own story, which I can tell you another time (:
I transfered to Arthas where I joined the guild of some friends. They brought me along for Mythic in the first week, we cleared the first 3. And that was pretty much the only week I raided with them iirc. The guild fell appart just after that due to attendance issues. I joined another guild at 3/9M ToS with some friends, and we ended the ToS at 7/9M.
In Antorus I got CE with that guild on July 13th, a week or 2 after the artifact empowerment. I left the guild after that, cause the raid leader was... mean (: He played favorites, and some people (like me) he openly hated on. Also looking for a more competitive guild, I transfered to Mal'Ganis and joined my current guild.
We are currently 5/8 Mythic.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I don't enjoy raiding here. I always disliked those people who would always be the first to shout "OH SIT ME" when someone else needed to be brought in, and those who'd be happy if raid ended early. It was a sign of them not wanting to be there for me. And I promised myself not to become one of those. Now more often than not, I catch myself being one of those people I never wanted to become :/ It tells me that I just don't enjoy what I'm doing.
I love the people here and the community is great, but the raids are just kinda painful to me. I'm not looking to wipe on a farm boss (which we could oneshot if the right people were there - we've done it before) for 2 hours, just because the wrong people get a mechanic, every week. I also don't agree with some of the leadership decisions, and I especially don't appreciate being told "I don't care" when trying to give some suggestions and constructive criticism.
I read the posts about your leadership and views on leading, as well the kind of attitude you expect from people, and it's just exactly how I like to play the game and what I'm looking for in a guild/raid team. What caught my interest in the first place tbh was the "looking for tanks" on wowprogress, but after I clicked on your website (that's another plus for me btw, really gives me that oldschool feeling!) and read the posts, I was like "wow that sounds amazing". I also gotta say I like that you guys still have the same leadership for like 11 years now? It shows some different kind of dedication, and tells me it must be a really good one or it wouldn't be that long already. (:
About the 3rd part, I don't know your band of merry idiots so I can't tell what interests me in you guys personally... but I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know you all (if I get the chance to) based on what I read about your mindset and attitude. (:
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Generally (obviously) reading patchnotes, checking logs, etc... the usual. I'm not really active on the class discord, I like to theorycraft myself. I use wowanalyzer a lot as well, tho the prot pally part isn't quite up to date. Actually considered contributing since I really like analyzing stuff!
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I don't really swap my talents on a boss to boss basis, since the usual stuff is pretty much the best/most reliable for most fights. I do like to swap to Seraphim on Vectis tho, as it's mostly magical damage so losing SoTR doesn't hurt - if anything the added vers/mastery from Seraphim makes me more tanky. It's also a nice damage boost for the raid (I like to add damage when I can - without sacrificing survivability), and the CD reduction I get from Righteous Protector lines up really badly with the downtime on the fight (I'd always get Wings back when he liquifies).
On Fetid Devourer, if I was to maintank the boss, I'd swap the first row to Blessed Hammer for the damage reduction on auto attacks. Offtanking him is much nicer for pallies tho.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I usually check my damage taken, and compare all the pulls. I'd pick the best and the worst one and check what I did differently, my Consecration and SoTR uptime, as well as checking damage spikes (if I missed a SoTR eg). I also load logs into wowanalyzer and check the same things there. Healing taken (by myself and healers) is another thing I like to look at, but more just to see if I did better or not, as it's hard to optimize that part.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I generally aim for consistency so I don't think I have any outstanding bad nor good logs.
I do have to mention Fetid Devourer tho, as that fight is a bit scary for tanks (thrash almost oneshots you each time, even mitigated). He likes to do this move that I started calling "fadeaway thrash" where he runs to an add, but if it dies before he reaches it, he'd just thrash the offtank from range. That caught me twice I think, but after that I just started using BoP there.
As an example for a good fight, I'll post our 1st Fetid kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4k ... ity=262277
It feels odd to me saying "I did good because I mitigated every thrash" because that's literally just "I did what I was meant to", but then thinking the other way around, I didn't make a mistake that could wipe us, so I guess it's an example for a good log? I dunno I'm bad at this lol
But anyway I picked this as an example for a good log because there wasn't any thrashes that I didn't mitigate. (:
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes. I generally get at least 40 fps in raids.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WFKE2K ... sp=sharing
Only keybinding that I have that isn't shown is the "extra action button" which I have bound to Shift-E.
(using a Razer Naga btw)
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
Well, hello there. (: I'm Naniya, 25, female. I don't work or go to school currently cause of an illness. My hobbies are learning new things, theorycrafting (for WoW and other games I play), analyzing things, organizing things... I also lately got into programming (again), and I also love cooking and baking and... drooling about things I cannot eat, like pizza and donuts! lol (yea I know that last one is an odd one.)
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Want to join? Post your application here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi Nanya, I believe Khramps spoke to you about our current situation. Thanks for your interest and best of luck with the rest of Uldir!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests