Maheshwara Resto Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Maheshwara

Maheshwara Resto Druid

Postby Maheshwara » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:04 pm

1. Character name, Server: Maheshwara, Bleeding Hollow
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level) Druid, Troll, Restoration, 27

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Maheshwara
I tend to log off in either my balance WQ gear or my M+ gear/talents

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)? I'm unavailable some Saturdays, Get home from work @ 5pm est M-F typically like to be in bed by 11:30/12am est. Raid times are fine for me, no foreseeable schedule change in a few months.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier. Achieved cutting edge in all tiers of legion with the best being an around US 80th kill on Gul'dan. Currently 5/8M

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots? My former guild disbanded. TBH I'm applying because I saw your looking for healers and figured I'd give it a shot + you raid under 12 hours.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability? Class discord mostly, and I compare myself to other druids via logs. M+ while it doesn't translate to raid healing to well helps keep me warm.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis. Fetid(that i've done) is the only boss RN with talent changes going from cent ward to Abundance, ToL to Cultivation & Flourish to Germnation. These changes are done because fetid is more of a spot heal fight then a raid damage fight and the first talent abundance is great for spot healing while the other two complement it quite well due to mastery stacks.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse? I look at casts done for each spell should I be casting more WG should I be casting more rejuv here, I check my mana usage if i'm ooming early try to find out if I should be ooming early and dpsing in some gaps to regen mana, if i'm dying due to positioning I watch the replay part of WCL to see where other Rdruids are standing.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=hps

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs. The fights I do well on are mostly just the fights where I keep my tempo going and keep the right spells on CD (cent ward, Efflo, Swiftmend) while using others at the right timings (WG) Then just making sure i'm blanketing properly and doing my best to not waste clearcast procs.
Fights I do badly on. my fetid kill come from me not doing the above. On fetid, I didn't properly utilize my Cds, ( I miss the chance to use a 2nd tranq) I didn't use my Swiftmend enough nor did I properly utilize the abundance talent. Fight is basically a prime example of how not to play druid on that fight as not using my CDs properly resulted in significant underhealing (low LB casts, low efflo, low regrowth casts, low SM casts, missed tranq)

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Typically yes, unless I forgot to change my setting from max to med for high load fights like Scrop.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc. https://imgur.com/yupWwB7

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent. 24/M, Part time student, Full time job, Enjoy playing Dungeon crawler style board games, Love doing m+.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums. Vepenar#1771, Mufasa#4799 (discord)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Maheshwara Resto Druid

Postby Palin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi Mahe, thanks for your intenterest with us and taking the time to apply, we appreciate it!

Can you go into a bit of detail on your guild history through Legion and now? Looks like you've been in 3 guilds or so since Antorus and now, 4 including Tomb. What caused that?

Do you have access to your Nighthold logs you can link?

Why did your guild insist on 5 healing Taloc for so many weeks? lol

Thanks in advance!
Maheshwara

Postby Maheshwara » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm

I raided with Envy for gul'dan and ToS (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/repo ... 069?page=1) I ended up getting removed from the roster due to underperforming due some issue between AT&T & Blizzard after 7.2.5 hit which caused me to spend NH farm and ToS prog raiding at 200-300 ping on average (Proof: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 991?page=1) The issue was resolved by ATB release
I was with Rude awakening for 10/11M left on good terms, they weren't using me for argus prog. We couldn't meet the four heal dps check at the time so they had one of our shadow priests go disc for that fight.
Sat around on the bench for a bit doing m+ but got bored of not raiding since we were constantly extending. Shopped around for a bit and ended up joining monster. Did sort of okay there but they failed my trial after two weeks due to poor argus performance, I felt it was justifiedish as I was still pretty rusty after having not raided for over a month thankfully I did well enough on non Argus bosses that I could get another trial with Heuristics which disbanded last week.

I have no clue why we 5 healed Taloc so much. I just think it was because all our healers tended to be the first into the raid and no one sitting really needed gear off Taloc.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Hey Mah, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your applicator at this time. Best of luck in your search for a new home!

Return to “Applications”