Trushapes, Balance Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

trudps

Trushapes, Balance Druid

Postby trudps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

1. Character name, Server
Trushapes, Mal'ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Troll, Balance, neck level 24

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Trushapes

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Currently work Fri-Tues, very early mornings and am home in the early-mid afternoon. due to the early hours, I'm typically off the computer by 12 EST at the latest. This shouldn't conflict with raid times. During hard push weeks at work, I can sometimes come home later than that but it is rare and shouldn't ever create a conflict with raid time. No changes in my schedule for the foreseeable future.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I was quite late to the WoW raiding scene. I joined in WoD at the tail end of BRF, when my SWTOR guild quit due to lack of content. We started a fresh guild, recruited, and after a very long building period, were able to full clear HFC mythic. I was maining a Marksman hunter at the time, our guild was Unlucky also on Mal'ganis. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... e=detailed. We pushed into Legion but the guild broke apart early into Emerald Nightmare and I took a break from the game for a while. I returned to WoW during ToS and played multiple ranged specs through heroic and mythic+ in ToS as well as ABT. I then decided to get back into mythic raiding and joined with Guiles Theme Song, where we cleared 5/8 before an unfortunate breakup. I play a variety of classes and given even a little time, play them at a high level. I have always preferred ranged DPS and have a good amount of experience with Boomkin, Warlock, and hunter.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Unfortunate breakup for GTS, a handful of key roster members leaving, it was decided it would be best to let it rest instead of trying to rebuild. There is convenience factor of being on Mal'ganis for Spike Flail, as well as a good raid schedule. Your progression level is very similar to what we had going and the guild description on wowprogress left a good impression.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

chickendb.com was what i primarily used in the early phases of BFA. I utilize raidbots a ton, using various gear setups and talent setups to get situational ideas. Once the raid launches, I spend a lot of time looking at logs for what the top players at my class did for my next progression fight, talent/gear wise. Not just a copy/paste situation, but actually looking at the log details, damage breakdowns, where they fit into the strat, what CD usage looked like, etc.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I don't really feel any of my talent decisions this tier have been off norm. I swapped between incarn/starlord early on but incarn tended to perform better in a progression setting, where starlord is very limited due to required starsurge dumps to maintain high haste buff. Guardian/Resto affinity I tend to stay guardian with the exception of vectis, I swap to resto to help heal in the downtime.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Cooldown usage, how it lined up with damage phases, how my add damage compared with others in the raid, what my active time on any adds was like.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /trushapes

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Orange logs are pretty but Taloc and Mother are more or less free fights. Zekvoz I was not assigned an orb, and had an unfortunate innervate situation with a healer during add spawns. I also spent most of our prog time on this boss healing, so not as much time to min/max. My fetid looks very pedestrian, the strat we used deliberately separates all major CD's for add phases (personals add 1, lust add 2, pots add 3). Effective strat, but it doesn't necessarily look pretty on the parse. I believe I also wasted ~8 seconds of incarn on our most recent kill. In the final burn, I delayed casting incarn to have it line up better with final use of treents, but the boss died quicker than anticipated so I lost out on some incarn window there.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, I have a solid PC.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/N2ZeLhY.jpg on the first row, keys 7 through = are bound to mouse buttons. Several open slots change depending on talents. Resto affinity, for example, adds 3 more abilities.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I'm 28, male, steadily employed, engaged. Gaming is my primary hobby but I also enjoy motorcycles, snowboarding, baseball/football, and I'm a major star wars nerd.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Tru#1749
Palin
The Professor

Re: Trushapes, Balance Druid

Postby Palin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 am

Hey again Tru, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to drop an application. We know they're a pain and guild searching isn't fun, so we appreciate your time. And again, sorry to hear about Guile's.

Looks like they had you healing a few fights. This is probably a question that's obvious, but how comfortable are you switching to Resto in those pinch moments?

Thanks in advance.
trudps

Re: Trushapes, Balance Druid

Postby trudps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm actually not particularly comfortable healing in raid. I only really started healing in WoW going into BFA as needed for mythic+ to make our comps easier to run and it was a request that caught me by surprise. Just before our first pulls on MOTHER, I was asked to go Resto. That was the first mythic raid boss I had ever healed. I settled into the role a little bit as I got more experience with it, as I healed Zek'voz prog as well as Zul prog, but I always felt a little uneasy with it. I felt my performance as a healer was more in the "adequate" range, where I typically feel that my DPS excels. That said, I am always willing to play the spec that the raid leader feels gives us the best chance to kill the boss.

Return to “Applications”