Septacular Havoc DH

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

anemicwriter

Septacular Havoc DH

Postby anemicwriter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm

1. Character name, Server
Septacular Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Demon Hunter, Blood Elf, Havoc (Artifact Level 27.9)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Septacular

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I work Monday - Friday from 7am to 3:30pm every week. PST. I generally crash around 10pm my time. I don't see any complications making the raid times you guys listed. I don't anticipate any changes to this schedule in the future.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I began playing in the beta, and got into end game raiding not long after hitting level 60.
-I raided in Legacy and then Nerve in Vanilla, full clearing Naxx a few times before the BC launch.
-Continued to raid with Nerve till we died on M'uru in Sunwell, then transferred to Illidan where i played with Team Ice till the end of Wrath, raiding end game content.
-Once Cata launched i decided to take a break from the game, not finding the content entertaining.
-I later came back near the beginning of MoP and played casual style with a RL friends guild.
-When WoD launched, my friends stopped playing, so i played casual with in game friends till finding a guild i enjoyed, and then began clearing mythic content.
-Stayed with that same guild, Pretty Standard, all through Legion till we died in Tomb. From there i transferred to Mal'ganis and joined Instant Dollars, where i finished Legion with all their accomplishments.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Instant Dollars is a great guild, full of great players, but they are, and always were, a bit more hard core than i'd like to raid. In Legion we raided 3 days a week, but now they've moved up to 4 during all progression. Nearly all their players also maintain several geared alts. And while they don't require them, not having them can leave you out of a lot of guild content. In short, i'm married now and have a job, and can't really spare more days than i already do to committed raid nights. With the occasional exception of course.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I read all the class guides i can get my hands on. I also keep in contact with several players that i know personally who are skilled at the class. As well as watching class specific videos for the more complex fights.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

There are a few bosses in Uldir that i swap to Fel Barrage over trail of ruin for. Like Mother or Zek'voz. These fights require large amounts of timed burst AoE.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Specifically, i check their casts of annihilation over all, and their casts of eye beam or fel barrage. This will usually give me a pretty good idea of what priority they're placing on add dps.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

Here are the few public logs i've made over the course of this expansion: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27912780#

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I'd ask you not to take the Zek'voz parses too seriously. The guild i did the kills with had a really dumb orb order that left my 2nd meta almost useless, and had us DHs die early with no rez. I had pretty good RNG on Taloc, and that's a straight patchwerk fight for DHs, so that's nice. Mother is pretty typical aoe burst/burn fight. A good fight for DHs all around so i can't take too much credit there.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yup, no problem there. Big boy PC. All the RAM. fatty Nvidia 1080

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

I use DBM, Details, Weak Auras, Tell Me When, Bar Tender, Angry Assignments, and Gnosis Cast Bars. Here is your screen shot.

https://i.imgur.com/7ktGfzq.png

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I'm 34, a dude, i work for Pepsi Cola. When i'm not playing wow, i play Stellaris and HotS, as well as read and work on my house. I've been married now for 4 years.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

battle tag: Separation#1679 Discord: Septacular#2436
Palin
The Professor

Re: Septacular Havoc DH

Postby Palin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 am

Hey Sept, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We know its a pain and appreciate. Thanks for tagging along in Heroic with us last night as well!

Quick question about the guild thing. You said you're with ID but the logs all show kills with Nvus. Did you Trial with them to start Uldir?

What do you think held you back from pumping more damage on those 2 Vectis kills? Both overall or add damage priority.

Thanks in advance.
anemicwriter

Postby anemicwriter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Hey, sorry for the slow reply. Work day and all.

Yeah, i'm still in ID but i raided with nVus for a few weeks to try them out. They kept on recruiting DHs till we had 4, then rotated us in and out all the time. Wasn't really what i signed up for. So i came back to ID to hang out until i could find somewhere in more need of me.

I imagine just learning the fight held me back to a degree. You'll notice in my logs that i always drastically improve over time as i grow more comfortable with the fight. I always prioritize mechanics over damage, and when we were striving for our first kill, and the repeat kill, i was being sure to get my infection passing done correctly. This lead me out of melee range occasionally to make sure it went to the right person.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 am

Hey Sept, sorry for the delay getting back to you. After some deliberation we've unfortunately decided to pass on your application at this time. We'll let you know if something changes down the line. Thanks again for your interest and best of luck in your search.

Return to “Applications”