Element - Balance Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

H3Element

Element - Balance Druid

Postby H3Element » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 pm

1. Character name, Server -
Ælemént - Tichondrius

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Troll Balance Druid - Neck is 24

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... em%C3%A9nt

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Work from 10am-7pm EST each day, typically home around 7:40pm each day. I play as much as I can on the weekend.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
3/8M in current tier, started mythic raiding in Antorus. Went from 2/11M to 8/11M guild, prog killed coven then the guild called off raiding for the rest of Legion. At this point I was recruited by No Bads Allowed on Tichondrius and finished Legion and began BFA with them

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
General disagreement with the atmosphere of the guild - a lot of people only logged on for raid and it was a pretty toxic environment.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Always looking over my logs and looking for areas to improve & comparing them to other logs, trying everything I can on Raidbots.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Most fights only swap one or two talents (trees & Fury of Elune for primarily single target; Warrior of Elune and/or Shooting Stars for fights where adds are up longer

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
As a caster, biggest thing for me is generally preparing for movement or mechanics and pooling enough resources to make the most of those times. Similarly, on AoE fights my CD management is something I look at - we all know Boomie AoE burst is non existent so sometimes I could get more use out of a CD elsewhere than on AoE is the adds get burst down

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/31900192

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Small sample size but I haven't had any bad pulls other than a death on Mother - did not have debuff from taking a lock portal and while winds were going, I was clicking the lock portal as I passed it and I must have not clicked it or clicked on someone near it instead. Ended up going right into the flames.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, 1070 GPU and i7 7700k processor - sufficient for raiding and high effects

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://gyazo.com/9afbc1fe53a536d4e4d593eb56cf0cba - its not liking that i play on two monitors so i couldnt get a bigger size but you can see everything there

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
25-M-Work Full Time-M+

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
H3Element#3371
Palin
The Professor

Re: Element - Balance Druid

Postby Palin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:04 am

Hi Element, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate the time you took.

Just to expand on:

Always looking over my logs and looking for areas to improve & comparing them to other logs

What exactly do you look for when comparing side by side logs. Obviously CD usage and such, but anything else?

Looking at that fight night of MOTHER pulls, is there anything you felt you could have done more of to help the raid mechanically/strategically?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qT ... fficulty=5

Thanks in advance!
H3Element

Postby H3Element » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 am

My only two deaths that occured outside of when a wipe was called are the following: early in the night (pull 5) which was the first time we had seen the beams in room two. I mistakely stood out of the safe spot on the floor to avoid the beams from the ceiling - just wasn't thinking and it didn't happen again. The other death was what was described in the OP. Generally I felt that I performed well mechanically outside of those two pulls. I guess in the OP when I was referring to not having any bad pulls, I meant more so of the kill pulls so sorry for being unclear.

When checking over my logs, largest focus as a caster is down time. Legion logs always showed that that is my biggest area for improvement. In particular, it's due to not preparing for upcoming mechanics that would require me to be mobile and keep AP so I can use my spenders at efficient times. Generally when I'm reviewing my logs, I'm only looking at min-maxing for damage output - sorta of spoke about in the OP but these are typically for non-pure ST fights and CD management in these situations. Changes I would need to make mechanically or if I need to save personals for some damage coming out, that's just something to learn and adjust for in real time progging I feel and not what I look for in logs.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 am

Closing due to lack of follow up.

Return to “Applications”