Reallymagic Warlock :)

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

reallymagic

Reallymagic Warlock :)

Postby reallymagic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:30 am

1. Character name, Server
Reallymagic Mal'Ganis
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Troll Warlock that plays all specs but only the best spec
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... eallymagic
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I am on WoW all day everyday and can make raid times every week nothing changing in the near future.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
AOTC since Garrosh in SoO and Mythic raiding since WoD
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
My guild and I dont have good synergy because they focus more on kicking people out and bring people in than working together to kill bosses.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
Been playing lock since WoD and its my best class. I've stuck through all the changes they have made and learned how to play all specs to their highest performance possible.
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I use Warcraft logs which is very important for seeing talents and traits etc on boss fights from the top players. I also follow the top warlocks on youtube and twitch to leech off their skill and use it to improve my own.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Well as a warlock you aren't playing a "cookie cutter" class so every boss fight is usually a different gear set up at least thats how I played back in Legion with the legendaries. If it is with two or three target cleaving it would be a different set up from a purely single target fight or a fight like Scorpion or how ever you spell it where theres adds coming out the entire time. I didnt get my BiS legendary until my 8th legendary drop so I learned to use all the other ones very well.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
If i have a bad parse i try to look at how i could be doing mechanics differently like dropping bad stuff in different places or setting up a lock gate or port so that I have less down time. I also take the time to practice rotations and trinkets on the target dummies to find which is the best. Uusually I sim my gear sets and find out of there is something that is better for single target or multi target. I also watch videos on boss fights to learn other ways to deal with solo mechanics that are out of the box. I use dps addons to view uptime on trinkets, spells and traits then compare that with others.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
I dont have any logs yet in BFA but in ToS I had all orange parses as Affliction and a few 99's on Coven and a few others but I am not sure how to access the past tiers on warcraft logs.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Warcraft logs is not able to show previous tiers apparently or maybe i just cant find it.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/Wrgk7RJ
I use DBM and Recount and Skada and Details. Default UI. I have one macro for popping cds and trinkets and prepot on pull and my only keybind is R which is use for shadowbolt filler spamming everything else is bound to my keyboard numbers which is press not click oh yeah I also have rc loot council and loot stuff.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
22 male WoW, WoW, WOW just kidding lol
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
so1970#1824

Also looking for people to m+ farm with and have fun if you give me an attempt to trail some time i promise you will not be disappointed :)
Last edited by reallymagic on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
reallymagic

Re: application :)

Postby reallymagic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 am

trial***
reallymagic

Postby reallymagic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:35 am

also my armory isnt updating but that isnt current as of right now
reallymagic

Postby reallymagic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 am

reallymagic

Re: Reallymagic Warlock :)

Postby reallymagic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 am

Palin
The Professor

Re: Reallymagic Warlock :)

Postby Palin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi Really, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

idk how to view older tiers

View Detailed Rankings -> Top right corner drop down, change from "Uldir" to Legion -> Whatever.

Unfortunately upon review your Mythic experience is well below what we're looking for in a prospective Trial right now. We're generally looking for people who completed one of the past 2 tiers, and it didn't look like you unfortunately had a chance to do that. Your UI is also super barebones and generally shows a lack of min/maxing. I'd look into keybinding your defensive and healthstones and looking into Weakauras to better your information flow.

Thanks for your consideration and best of luck looking for a new guild.

Return to “Applications”