Wrathlock - Warlock

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Wrathlock

Wrathlock - Warlock

Postby Wrathlock » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 pm

1. 1. Character name, Server

Wrathlock, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec

Warlock, Blood Elf. I main Affliction but I know all 3 specs and their roles/strengths can play any as needed.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /wrathlock

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Currently I am available from any time past 6:30pm EST Sun-Thurs, Fri-Sat I am free all day.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Some experience in BC before switching servers and faction, no major raiding guild. Started doing most raiding in Wotlk, full clear of all heroic content 10/most of 25, MoP was a similar experience but half way through HoF took a Hiatus, came back end of MoP, Hiatus for all of WoD.
Legion was active for the entirety of the Xpac. Progressing through all of heroic content and struggling to get any decent guild progress through mythic. Transferred from dead a server for a guild then followed that guild to a bigger server again, leading to basically nothing and always being behind by the end of a tier. Had all the makings of a mythic guild outside of having proper attendance and dedication.

The Burning Crusade:

Karazhan - Full Cleared while current content.
Gruul's Lair - Full Cleared while current content.
Magtheridon - Full Cleared while current content.
Serpent Shrine Cavern -Hiatus
Tempest Keep - Hiatus
Battle for Mt. Hyjal - Hiatus
Black Temple -Hiatus
Sunwell - Hiatus

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas - Full clear all difficulties, tank/dpsed
Malygos - Full clear
Ulduar - Hiatus
ToC/ToGC - Full Cleared
ICC - Full Cleared on 10 man, did not get HLK 25.
Halion - Hiatus

Cataclysm:

Blackwing Descent - Hiatus
Throne of the Four Winds - Hiatus
Firelands - Hiatus
Dragon Soul -Hiatus

Mists of Pandaria:
Mogu'Shan Vaults - Full cleared
Terrence of the Endless Spring- Full Clear
Heart of Fear - Cleared to queen before hiatus
Throne of thunder- Hiatus
SoO- Hiatus- came back right before prepatch

Warlords of Draenor:

Leveled to max and went on Hiatus
Highmaul -Hiatus
Blackrock Foundry -Hiatus
Hellfire Citadel - Hiatus

Legion:

Emerald Nightmare - Full Cleared heroic, mythic to Ilg"ynoth
Trial of Valor - heroic only.
Night Hold - Mythic cleared to krosus,
Tomb of Sargeras - 2/9M while current.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I went from a dead server to another server hoping for better raid opportunities, it went better than the guild I came back to for legion but was essentially dead. The guild I went to was also on a dead server and ended up following that guild to a better server - bleeding hollow. That didn't help much as we continued to struggle with attendance and dedication to mythic progression. The guild started becoming more and more toxic as the tiers went on and just called it quits when it became the same thing every week. We had a handful of capable people that were carrying 15 other people by the end.

The reason I want to join you guys is because I want consistency and the same desire to do the best and most difficult content in the game... and actually get it done. I feel I have more than enough for what it takes to make it through tiers while it is current content but I have been following along and sticking with servers and guilds that didn't have the same goals I do. So now I have already transferred to Mal'Ganis and am ready for this to be my permanent home.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I've been playing my warlock almost exclusively now since MoP but started it since BC. While the class has changed in many different way since then I have kept up to date on how to maximize it to the fullest every step of the way.

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

For Affliction
Pure ST fight opener -
Pre Potion
Precast Haunt
Agony
Corruption
On-use Trinkets
UA until you have 5 on the target, or run out of Shards.
Phantom Singularity
If you gained any Shards and have less than 5 UAs on the target, UA until you have 5 on the target or run out of shards.
Darkglare
Deathbolt

Multi-Target is very straight forward right now.
Maintain agony up to 8 targets
Corruption all targets
UA everything
Phantom Singularity on cd

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Raidbots nightly versions, warcraft logs, "LOSS" - LockOneStopShop is a very good breakdown and analysis tool tailored to warlocks specifically. I go over logs of not just the top dps for the fights "since those can just be cheesed or padded numbers" but several of other ones that get 95+ on a fight. On top of that staying up to date on the class discord does go a long way.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.?

I use raidbots/simcraft to get stat weights for several different occasions that I may need them for, Custom stat weights for all 3 specs but on top of that for ST and AoE both have custom weights, though the difference in this is minor. On top of that simming to find the best mix of gear for azerite traits and trinkets for specific scenarios and then make gear sets around that.

Knowing where the best Azerite traits come from and targeting them, looking at the ones best for ST/AoE and the ones that are better for one spec over another.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Azerite to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

With the changes to mythic + there is no longer gear swapping so I can't make gear sets specifically around st/aoe anymore. However raids will be able to utilize this going forward will determine what it will be. More than likely it will be spec swapping and using the azerite gear that corresponds with that spec because right now warlock specs are good at one given thing, Aff good at ST, Destro good at cleave/some aoe, Demo kinda good at a little of aoe and st(it's not the best at either aoe or st)

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I try to break down the parse into time sections to see if there was a lucky streak of procs, or the opposite, to make sure that all my mechanics were done properly like uptime on dots and using cooldowns at the correct time. Making sure that my time spent moving is as efficient as possible with as little movement needed to accomplish mechanics.I'll have other players in the class discord analyze as well to see if they can spot things for me to improve on or optimize.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FD ... w=rankings - This, although heroic is one of my more notable parses.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1 Heroic ToS
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4 Heroic Antorus
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... =detailed# my mythic progression with the last guild I was in, and the reason I switched servers.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FD ... w=rankings -as listed above this one was a 100% parse, though only heroic. It was one of the fights where everything just went well and procs lined up just right.

Most of my mythic parses are unsatisfactory to me and probably most other people, they are all spent cleaning up mechanics after people or just running from someone else's mechanics. I can't recall a single clean kill in mythic antorus.

Our guild leader did not like us trying to prefect our parse or cared about performance, so the handful of good players ended up just doing the work for the rest of the raid to try to down bosses rather than perform their best.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, right now i have an i7 7700k 5ghz and a 1080 ti.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/7ZAELDR

bigwigs, Angry Assignments, Bartender4,Weakauras,Auctioneer, TSM are the most noticeable of my addons.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Phill. I'm 26. I work at mechanic. I like puppies.

I've been a gamer all my life and have dipped my toe into many gaming ponds. played a lot of shooters,The majority of the friends I have today I've made through gaming. I love it. It's a core part of my identity as a person.- pretty accurate

Thank you for taking the time to look at my application. I hope I have met the standards expected of an applicant aiming for a trial. Cheers!

13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

DevilDemize#1906 - Bnet.
Wrathlock#6969 - Discord.
Palin
The Professor

Re: Wrathlock - Warlock

Postby Palin » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:41 am

HI Wrath, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We know they're a lot of effort and a pain to do, so we appreciate it.

Reviewing your resume we unfortunately are going to have to pass at this time. The difference in raid progression between us is just a bit too wide. Our roster is in a really good spot going into Uldir and we're only really considering Trials who have a extensive history of clearing tiers and solid performance within that history. Looking at your clears it unfortunately looks you haven't finished a tier in almost 6 years. Some of that I know you said is due to sticking with bad guilds on bad servers, but the point still stands there is a wide gap between your recent raiding experience and what we need to see to justify adding to our roster.

Your logs are OK but generally are on the easier bosses and don't tell us much. Hopefully you can find a solid Mythic guild for Uldir and get some more recent high level prog under your belt to showcase your play on harder level bosses, and more recent ones at that.

Thanks for your interest again and best of luck in your search for a new home. I hope BFA treats you well.

Return to “Applications”