Iinfection - Paladin - Retribution

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

iinfection

Iinfection - Paladin - Retribution

Postby iinfection » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm

1. Character name, Server

iinfection - area-52

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Paladin, Blood elf, retribution (0)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/area-52/Iinfection/

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

i work from 6am to 3pm (est) 5 days a week, which sometime rotate due to holidays. outside of that schedule is essentially clear. My bedtime truly does not exist but i'd love for it to never be past 12. Yes i can make all raid times and they should not change within the next few months.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Only "seriously" started to raid during nighthold which we full cleared at like world 476 with <negatory> and i stood with them until the end of legion.
We ended tomb of sargeras at 9/9m before antorus was released at world 630, and then for antorus at 586 somehow with some extremely disgusting attendance issues

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Higher progression with even earlier end times are a +

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Paladin discord and other paladin players to make sure doing x on a boss is truly the way to do max damage unless theres a dps "check" like on aggramar intermission where you held wings to make it pass faster.
weakauras to track timers on trinkets / retribution buff / concordance which helps with maximizing your second prolonged power.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Everything stood the same talents wise which was a ST build which was if i remember correctly final verdict t1 / greater judgment tier 2 / blade of judgment t4? and then crusade in t7 row (i literally do not remember what tier each talent is i hate this question) which was used for garothi doggos portal keeper immonar kin'garoth varimathras coven aggramar and argus
for the other 2 bosses not listed you swapped blade of judgement for divine hammer, that was it.
i did play execution sentence during argus progression which made me get off the bread and butter legendaries soul and cloak and let me use liadrins, chain of thrayn because it simmed about 22k dps higher and was """"fun""""

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Make sure i used my cooldowns correctly (like @kingaroth when you needed to hold crusade for mechs), didn't cut them off during a mechanic that was predictable. and concordance uptime during crusade.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1
(please be nice to my antorus logs i just truly wanted every boss dead after i witnessed people wiping the raid if their parse wasnt gonna be high enough during mistress progression. and on that same note i had to afk for 20 seconds on each pull of mistress because unga bunga dps NEEDED to pop everything even if it meant killing themselves with fish at 85% instead of waiting)

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

well i already talked about mistress i guess so lets talk about purples and that blue on antorus
fuck eonar
immonar i suicided the second bridge
kin'garoth i blame there being too many people on my mech and i wouldnt get a full 20ish seconds of crusade on it and looking at it now i didnt only got one concordance off during all of my crusades. i probably could have played execution sentence and cheesed mech damage a bit harder too.
aggramar i shouldnt have played sephuz prydaz on our first kill, i only played those because i wanted to see what the proc off an add how well it would play out and prydaz because healers were having a hard time. i just didnt expect us to kill it during that and on the actual parse i was on my execution sentence binge but forgot to change my legendaries
and argus i missed a couple retribution procs on the tanks since they were too far and we never tanked the boss next to orbs for cleave

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

hell yeah it can

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

heres one in raid
https://i.imgur.com/bUJxwKo.jpg

and heres me showing my weakauras and binds since i hide them
https://i.imgur.com/mhQ13Ue.jpg
i had to delete a couple weakauras because errors (judgment timer / cloak timer / liadrins timer)

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent. 24 male, maintenance, videogames. i try to be the best at everything i do. i mean i do try but i always fall a little bit short

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums. sherQ#1386 (battle.net) / infection#2836 (discord)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Iinfection - Paladin - Retribution

Postby Palin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Hey Iin, thanks for your interest with us.

Looking at your logs you haven't raided much since April, a few kills here and there. Why is that?

Thanks!
iinfection

Postby iinfection » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 pm

I told them at the beggining of antorus that i would be quitting once we finished progression and that i'd be looking for another guild to raid with and that i'd help them reclear until they found a replacement. But i didn't want to immediately find another guild and keep clearing about early july i'd start applying. time kinda just flew by since then and i didnt apply at all. i played with people on private servers until bfa got close and i think i cut that a bit too close.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey Iin, thanks for replying back.

Generally we'd be interested in someone with the numbers you put out in your history, your ToS/Nighthold logs are very impressive. But the timing here is poor. Our roster is pretty much set going into BFA and we have a ton of melee already. The amount of effort put into your app makes it seem like you are shotgunning guilds a bit which doesn't make us feel good or special about adding another Trial to our roster going into a new xpac where everyone wants a spot. The fact you waited until 72 hours before BFA shows a bit of a lack of foresight and poor planning, which isn't a great sign to again justify adding to a roster prior to launch.

For now we're going to hold off on your application, and revisit down the line when we have some attrition and melee spots open up. If something is available we'll reach out to you and see if you're still looking or found a home. Best of luck with the launch and thanks again for your interest.

Return to “Applications”