Pizzalock - Warlock

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

mrpizza12

Pizzalock - Warlock

Postby mrpizza12 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:43 pm

1.Character name, Server
Pizzalock - Mal'Ganis (U.S)

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Warlock, Orc, prefer Destro with prepatch artifacts are disabled.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) 
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Pizzalock
Playing around with different and talents during this pre-patch other wise my setup would look like:
Eradication / internal combustion / burning rush / cata / demonic circle / grimoire of sup / DS:I
Leggos: waist and demo-bracers

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
My schedule as of right now is not changing. I am able to make all the raid times. Most of my game time comes from the weekend and in the evenings around 8-1am. Around the launch of a new expansion I take off work to hit 120 on at least 3 characters and gear up for raiding.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier. 
I have raided since Wotlk but for relevant raiding I have raided Mythic all of Legion. I joined Ctrl Alt Elite at the beginning and was with them up until Mythic Avatar in ToS. Ctrl Alt Elite started to fall apart after we killed mistress and maiden. It was at this time that I applied for and joined Decidedly Uncouth.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I took a break after our second kill on Mythic Argus and now coming back to the game to prepare for pre patch I do not know if I will be able to earn a spot with Decidedly Uncouth based on what they have recruited since I took my break and with bfa coming out. With that being said I know the start of expansions can be very volatile but I play wow just to raid and it is the most fun I have so I just want to make sure come the release of Heroic Uldir I will be able to at least compete for a spot.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
• 7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability? 
○ I rely heavily on class discord channels as well as reading content provided on icy-veins and wowhead, even though the content isnt always perfect. As with most classes warlock has a website specific for the class that I use (lockonestopshop). Lastly, on class I listen to finalbossTV when Bay brings on specific people to talk about class specific changes. As far as raids go I watch fatboss beta boss guides pre raid on youtube as well as updated google forms that talk about boss strategies. Currently for bfa there are 2 google docs going around for Uldir.

• 7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
○ For Antorus I swapped between Destro and affliction depending on the boss during progression not to bad dps.
§ Garothi: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and demo-bracers.
§ Hounds: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / Burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / Havoc leggos: Shoulders and havoc bracers.
§ High Command: Destro- BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and demo-bracers.
§ Portal Keeper Hasabel: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and demo-bracers.
§ Eonar: Affliction - WiA / AC / DC / StS / BR / Grimoire of Serv / DE leggos: Pyrdaz and corruption ring. When I went up to kill the mini boss and click on the crystal I had the ship targeting me more often so prydaz was for survival
§ Imonar: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and Pyrdaz. Prydaz was for survival running across the platforms. Also sometimes I went Grimoire of Sacrifice so I could soak stun grenades and use imp spell to cleanse myself to help with raid.
§ Kingaroth Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and Pyrdaz. Prydaz was for survival incase an extra orb was hit and with the healing during intermission phases.
§ Coven: Affliction - WiA / AC / DC / SH / BR / Grimoire of Serv / DE leggos: helm and corruption ring.
§ Aggramar: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and Pyrdaz. Prydaz was for survival
§ Argus: Destro - BD / Erad / DC / SH / burning rush / Grimoire of Serv / CD Leggos: Shoulders and Pyrdaz. Prydaz was for survival
• 7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
• There are three things I look at when reviewing logs for fights. First I look back at locks and see where I moved and why I did. I try to minimize my movement first when learning a new fight to parse well so I can keep uptime on the boss. The second big thing I look at are my cds and boss timings. When first progressing and getting a feel for mechanics I will use them to push something the guild is struggling to push past or just use them. But as I understand the fight better and better I wait to use my cds when the boss has windows of opportunity to really use them. Kingaroth is a perfect example of utilizing cds properly to not only kill adds faster but to also do good dmg. The third part ties into the first with movement, but it is finding a spot in the boss room that works for not only myself but the raid as well. For each pull just trying to continue to keep consistency of not only where I stand but how I move if I get a debuff or need to dodge an ability. This not only helps out my dmg but for the players around me that choose to stand near me.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1
The logs should not be private if they are please feel free to contact me.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs. 
The logs where I parse better it is generally because the bosses are on farm and I can time stuff better. Some of my logs that are lower are from fewer kill attempts on particular bosses and not only me but the raid becoming more comfortable with the boss. Lastly, I am not a perfect raider I do well most of the time but sometimes there are some fights that I just log poorly on because there is a lot of rng involved and I am a pretty selfless raider. I will move if it means sacrificing dmg if someone else will not move. Good examples of this are in coven and aggramar where movement is important.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes my PC plays on maxed out settings for graphics.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/7kNH6dy
This shows my WA for Argus during progression, timers for Big Wigs, and my WA for my class. The overall UI is provided by Preach Gaming and I have modified it a bit to suit my needs.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I am 29 years old, I am a guy. I graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in computer science. I also swam competivily there while participating in the 2008 and 2012 Olympic trials.
I currently live in Ann Arbor, MI and I work in the engineering department at Dominos in the offices downtown.
Also I know I have not raided in awhile but raiding is why I play this game. I do not rage about not getting pieces of gear, I take constructive criticism well because I want to play the class/spec/role to the best of my ability. I am laid back and I just want to have fun while working with a group of people to kill stuff.
I have been playing on the beta to test out classes for bfa I am currently interested in playing warlock/mage/shaman. These are the 3 I primarily have played since the start of legion. I have not 100% decided yet because many people are looking to play lock because of demo and it was flavor of the month and shamans will be reworked in 8.1. But having played all 3 of these classes extensively on the beta I know I want to play 1 of the 3.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums. 
Bnet: MrPizza#11161
Discord: MrPizza#3357
Palin
The Professor

Re: Pizzalock - Warlock

Postby Palin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:54 am

Hi again Pizza, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

-You mentioned to me in our conversation earlier that you quit after Argus due to meeting your goals. Can you go into more detail about that and why you didn't keep playing at a reduced schedule through farm? Should we accept you, why should we believe that you won't quit again after completing a tier and we're searching again to fill your spot?

-Looking at your Argus kills, it looks like you didn't use the extra Lord of Flames at the start of Phase 4 (Resets on first mass death and then again after sacrifice in P4, so 3 opportunities per fight). Any reason why or just an oversight?

Thanks in advance.
mrpizza12

Postby mrpizza12 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:03 am

I didn't take breaks through out the rest of the expansion and I was close to burning out from progressing on Avatar in ToS before I was accepted into Decidedly Uncouth but since Argus was the final expansion boss, I told the officers during progression and prior to the kill that after we had gotten the kill I would like to take a reduced role in the raid. They told me it wouldn't be a problem and if they needed me to step in because they couldn't down it with a trial that I would come raid.
With that being said if I am accepted, earn a spot in the guild and come the final boss in the expansion if the officers would like raiders to keep raiding on a reduced schedule then I will keep playing.
Lastly that is an oversight on my part. I should have posted on the warlock discord about lord of flames debuff resetting or made WA for it and not just the infernal CD because it makes since it would trigger a reset. So I used it once on the pull and then during the final lust to burn the boss.

Also thank you for taking the time to read through this post and my application.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi PIzza, thanks for your replies and patience. After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. Our roster is in a good spot and unfortunately we're looking for a bit more history of performance on the harder bosses of an expansion. Unfortunately with only 1-2 kills on each hard boss its hard to look past the lower numbers (which are pretty common with first kills, but we have no other data beyond that so its what we have to work with). Thanks for your consideration and best of luck in your search for a new home in BFA!

Return to “Applications”