Kraineth - Druid - Feral/Guardian

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Kraineth

Kraineth - Druid - Feral/Guardian

Postby Kraineth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

1. Character name, Server

Krayneth, Area-52

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Tauren Druid, Feral, about to be artifact 0 next week :shock:

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/area-52/krayneth

I do not think that anything isn't readily apparent. I did maintain a guardian spec for mythic progression fights like Cenarius/Kil'Jaeden, as well as a crummy resto spec for M+ when guild healers were sparse.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I work somewhat irregular hours between 6am EST and 7PM EST on weekdays. usually with a few hours free in between to log in and do some stuff.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I played mostly Casual for BC through most of Wrath.

For ICC through Throne of Thunder I was in a low tier guild playing with friends called Tempest on Stormreaver.

In SoO I changed guilds to <Archdruid> on Kil'jaeden and played with those guys through Highmaul. At the end of Highmaul the guild broke up following some officer/GM drama.

I then joined a friends low tier mythic guild for BRF intending to get back up to the US top 50ish range for the next tier.

I then joined <Might> on Zul'jin and achieved the following:

US 18th Archimonde
US 18th Xavius
US 15th Helya
US 15th Gul'Dan
US 19th Kil"jaeden

I was in on all of progression including first kills for all of these. I had to leave the guild at the start of Antorus because some major life changes meant that I wouldn't be able to make their times for this tier.

Current guild is <Sorry Eh> on Area 52. This is a friends low tier 7 hour mythic guild that I joined to take it easy. They just announced this week that they don't plan to maintain the guild in BFA, and I am looking to jump back up to around the progression level that I was at prior.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

As I said, my current guild is disbanding. I am interested in guilds around the top 100 US.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Generally simcrafting is obvious, feral druid stat weights in Legion meant that constantly re-simming after getting upgrades was important because 1 piece of gear could shift your stat priority in a big way. Feral survivability hinges on some self healing as well as the use of a flexible 50% DR with 2 charges that allows for planned uses (like when Argus chains and the aoe explosion overlap), while also being able to keep a charge in reserve for oh shit moments.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

The standard single target setup is what my armory relflects. Swaps are made accordingly.

High Command - Swap Lunar inspiration for Predator, Savage Roar for Brutal Slash, and legendary helmet for bracers
Portal Keeper - Swap Lunar inspiration for Predator, Savage Roar for Brutal Slash, and legendary helmet for bracers
Eonar - Swap Lunar inspiration for Predator, Savage Roar for Brutal Slash, and legendary helmet for bracers
Varimathras- Lunar inspiration for Predator, Savage Roar for Brutal Slash, use standard single target legendaries
Coven - swap Savage Roar for Brutal slash, Legendary Helmet for Bracers

everything else is typically the standard setup reflected on my armory

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Parses for feral since 7.3 are generally about well timed CD usage, and good fight duration. So you generally need to look for when using CDs on cooldown would line up with bad mechanics that force you off of the boss.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

You can find my Argus kill here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8A ... fight=last

Unfortunately that performance is rather poor due to a death to Crushing fear during the orb pulses. I did some self healing, and needed to hold a personal. Died rather quickly while everyone was focusing down the orb. My perormance prior to the death and after it was rather good, but the death did throw off all of my CD timings. Being dead for a good 45 seconds is no good, but I was able to help gather up orbs at the very least.

I would rather post logs from my time in Might here : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... th#zone=13

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Looking at my time in ToS it becomes rather apparent that my general strengths in performance are in single target fights where you aren't fighting for as much of the limited AoE damage in fights like Host/Mistress as you can get. The worst "Single target" fight that I had was Avatar, and that can largely be attributed to the fact that I progressed on that fight on my Rogue alt since we needed more soaks.

I never did get a feral parse on KJ, but that fight was honestly a lot of fun to play 3rd tank on, with some cool challenges of tank coordination and actually bringing relevant damage on the aoe adds.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

If you mean normal skorp yea lol, but I don't think anyone saw a smooth 60 frames when you tanked the boss and forced spawned hundreds of adds with 3 warlocks and their dumb on-death pulses.

But yes, my setup is more than capable of running the game smoothly, which includes an SSD for load times.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/WfaCszD.jpg

I think the only thing that isn't obvious is that the 3x4 action bar to the right hand side is setup to correspond to my 12 button mouse. All of those binding are typically cooldowns and utility spells, not rotational abilities.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I am 25 years old, and currently work as a part time substitute teacher. Prior to 2018 I was a small business owner, and I sold my business shortly after Christmas. Currently just enjoying not working 24/7. The sale of my company was the main reason I stepped down during Antorus. I wanted my Christmas rush to be as big as possible and go as smoothly as possible which meant extremely long hours for a 3 week period.

I would really like to ask that you guys look at my history prior to Antorus. Joining my current guild was very obviously a large step down, and it was mainly because my friend needed help with a guild that they had just started. I never intended it to be as difficult as it was, but I had no idea the quality of the players in the guild. We got Argus, and I am happy with that. But I would have rather just taken the entire tier off because it looks rather bad to have struggled so much.

I believe my performance prior to Antorus really does speak for itself. I am a highly skilled druid player, feral in particular. But I have played every spec at some relevant level.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

BTAG - Kraineth#1623
Dsicord - Kraineth#7314
Palin
The Professor

Re: Kraineth - Druid - Feral/Guardian

Postby Palin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:27 am

Hi Kraineth, thanks for our interest with us and taking the time and effort to apply.

Looking at your logs from previous Tiers, it doesn't seem to be any 7.2.5 Tomb logs. You first Tomb log doesn't show until after the NLC came out. Doing more digging it looks like Might private logged all of ToS progression near the end. Do you have access to those private logs you can provide?

Was there any fight in Antorus you'd consider using Lego Chest?

You mention Lunar Inspiration in your setup but most logs have you running Blood Scent. Why the discrepancy?

Thanks in advance!
Kraineth

Postby Kraineth » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Might does private logs through all of progression, and they usually all get made public. I'm not sure why they would have made them private again, but I do not have access to their private logs any longer unfortunately.

I know that some folks use the chest on Coven because the little bit of extra range from balance affinity can be useful, but my guild killed that boss only a handful of times before we started extending, and damage to adds was always more important to the group than being as cheesy as possible with cleaving. During progression our bosses were kept close enough to cleave up until the healing adds spawned for the first time, at which point they weren't brought back close together, and ultimately that negates a lot of what I think was useful about the chest.

Lunar Inspiration vs Bloodscent is down to simming. I think for most of progression Blood Scent was higher, and once we started extending to kill Argus I had the right setup to use LI. The difference is extremely minimal, which is why you see a large split on logs between who uses what.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 am

Thanks Kraineth for the reply.

Please note we probably won't make any decision until later this week after we raid for prepatch week, as I am out of town till Wednesday.

Looking at your Antorus logs like you said there was obviously a step down. I fully understand how much having a guild that can run speed kills, less healers, better CD management etc can effect parsing. However even on something like Garothi you had struggles to hit purples in Antorus. Other fights like King'aroth where you still can do well even with a slow guild had average historical results as well. What do you think (besides being in a worse guild) was the reason(s) for this?

Thanks in advance.
Kraineth

Postby Kraineth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:43 am

I would attribute that mostly to a lack of interest the parsing over the course of the raid. Because we spent so much time extending on bosses to kill them, I never got to the point where I felt like I could prioritize my DPS and trust people in the guild to assist with mechanics. The last half of the instance was never truly on farm with a rotating door of raiders.

Stuff like running way out of melee range on Garothi to soak the green puddles instead of moving to a close one and trusting the ranged to handle their job. On Kingaroth I think I just never got a good feel for the fight, the main cause of wipes on that fight, even during farm, was a total lack of DPS on the adds. This meant that I was holding all of my cooldowns and sitting on capped resources leading into each add phase. Even with all of that I was typically shifting to bear for to tank an add for the last 10% of its HP to take advantage of feral's 5 second evasion.

So overall I was doing things that are going to hurt my dps, because issues in the majority of the raid for us stemmed from a lack of DPS on key adds and a need to be overly vigilant about handling mechanics. And overall I really didn't want to be there, when I wasn't playing with 19 other people that I could trust and compete with, it really killed my interest in the raid.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:39 am

HI Krain, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. Not sure if you're still check this but if you are we're going to pass at this time. We thought long and hard and we just don't have the numbers to accommodate right now, our melee roster is already 11+ going into BFA. Sometime will surely open up in BFA when the usual attrition hits, so so feel free to apply again then or we'll reach out if something changes in the near future.

Thanks again for your interest and best of luck finding a home for BFA! Take care.

Return to “Applications”