Oxyotl - Feral Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Oxyotl

Oxyotl - Feral Druid

Postby Oxyotl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

1. Character name, Server Oxyotl , Illidan

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Tauren , Currently they are all maxed out due to the Silithus quest, at the time of writing this 140 and counting. Prior to the quest I was Feral 84, Guardian 75, Moonkin 75, Resto 75

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... dan/oxyotl I swap my legos around based on what I'm doing. Single Target set up is different then AOE set up and what I prefer to use while doing WQ/Daily/Dngs. Current mode is the day to day grind gear.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I am wide open on time and your raid times look ideal. I'm central time so this is 1900-2200. Great times for me to still get to bed at a decent hour.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started playing WoW back when WoLK launched. I was just coming out of FFXI and was looking for a new MMO. I mained a White Mage in 11 and was looking for a change as my link shell and or end game was in an lul. I landed in a guild with my dorm friend and he got me started right when Ulduar came out. We did 25 man and attempt some hard modes. I went on to Tier 9 and when ICC came out I was deployed to Iraq. I came back to see a new threat and was guildless. They all moved on to other things or quite. My buddy and I teamed up again and found a guild called Peachy Keen. I raided with them some but shortly after being home I was again tasked to Afghanistan. Once I got back I found I was now in a long lost forgotten land and was this time really guildless. My friend stoopped playing and I was loooking for a new home. This landed me on Alliance side with a guild called Reset.

They lasted threw ToT and into SoO. At this time xpac as drying out and folks were quitting and the guild imploded. I then landed in a guild called By His Stripes. They are a nice christian casual guild. They don't strive for anything big H is enough for them as M wasn't out until SoO. I stayed with them all xpac and casually raided to just get back into to. Looking to deploy again, though I never did. When Legion launched, I had my eyes set for the serious raiding. We went into EN and failed big time. I enjoyed the people but I wasn't getting where I wanted to be in terms of raiding. So I started to look for another guild.

I have since been looking for a forever home. This landed me back on the Horde side. I've been with Simple Math through a rebuild or two < they seem to be back where they were on Andorhal. Great folks there. They fell apart due to some toxic stuff and I didn't want to be a part of it. I then went to a new server and Joined GT and started college again. Took a 7 month break as I heard ToS wasn't fun or ideal. Class balance was still no ideal and the sad part of why bring a Feral remained. When we finally got to Arugs I was on holiday break and my guild GT renamed to Channel 4 new team and now again to Did it for Whitney. Each rename was another attempt to reform. So weeks of do we have enough people and pugs. Progression has been quite hard but I've stepped foot into 10/11 fights and cleared 7/11 < would have been 8 but missed a night due to my Girl being sick.

TDRL: Ulduar 10H and 25 mostly H, Trial of Crusader 25, Icc touched 25 some before cata

Cata, Some firelands and Dragon soul < missed a lot with deployments

MoP ToT 25 and a lot of SoO 25 N/H and tried M some

WoD Highmaul 25 break due to military again, Blackrock 25 and Hellfire Cit 25 H with some M

Legion EN M, Tov M, NH M, ToS < break for college and tired of guild searching > back from search and landed Ant M 7/11 with exp on 10/11 fights.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

As I pointed out I have been through five reforms this xpac give or take one/two. While I enjoy raiding I'd like more "team" I can't beat this game a lone. We currently have no call no shows, dramma, foul language, incentive jokes, and no team. Its pug and hope at best. No game plan, often I'm left asking what is the plan tonight only to not get an answer and or an IDK well see if anybody is around.

So why to join: First thing that hit me was the structure and order of this guild. I respect that and am looking for more of it. Far to often I see folks don't really care what happens in game or guild. While this isn't a job, I still don't want to waste time. I am looking for a forever home and feel if I can find other like minded individuals we all can benefit from it. I like the posts I've read on the forums some make me laugh, others drive home the point. Respect is earned not given. This is a team environment. What you do can effect us all. < A lot of raid mechanics use this. I think I'd be a great assist to have. I'm more then just a raider, I do M keys, mog runs, mount runs, sale runs, I'm on more then "just to raid".

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I've been playing on as much as I can the last ten years. I fell in love with Feral druid and have had one ever since. I've raided on other classes but always found my way back to Druid. I lean more Feral but am now opening up to play more Moonkin. BFA is upon us all and changes are coming. Some classes will be better then others and I'm going to be flexible. My goal is to be proficient in both specs.

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I follows the Druid discord to see if anything new is in the air. I look at class forums and general forms to see what is coming. I have an eye on wowhead and mmo champ to stay fresh on buffs/nerfs. I read Icy Viends to take a look at roations and stat weights. If I have questions seek help on Druid discord. I look up logs of other top performing ferals and see what they are doing vs what I'm doing. I try to improve on what I see or challenge the idea and push more.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
On Single Target bosses I swap talents. I have Lunar Inspiration and Savage Roar. i also swap my legos around. I put on my lego head Behemoth Headdress and Soul of the Archdruid < ring. Fights I do this on Garothi, Imonar, Kin'garoth, Varimathras, Aggramar, and Arugus.

On AOE fights I swap talents to Predator and Brutal Slash. The legos I use are Luffa Wrappings <wrist and Chatoyant Signet < ring. This allows me to get more Tiger's Fury procs off with adds dieing to refresh it and do some burst AOE with Brutal Slash. Fights I use this one are Antoran High Command, Portal Keeper Hasabel, and Eonar the Life-Binder.

With Felhouns of Sargeras I have a few options. What difficulty is it and are we stacking them as long as possible?
The Coven of Shivarra is similar and I'm still leaning on changing how I do this fight. I like my ST build but the AOE one does shine if the tanks can keep them close but not too close to negate the damage.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I try to look at the logs and see where the break down happened. I always look up myself first to make sure there is nothing else I can do better. If a kill happens I go back to that log and look at my buff times vs the current best ferals. Do they have a higher uptime on their Tigers Fury. Did they not open with all there buffs at start and save for a extra damage phase. What pot did they use? What legos are being used and or what trinkets.

Using coven as an example agian I am seeing some logs use the lego chest Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds and the Luffa Wrappings < Wrist for max AOE range. I haven't testing this lego comp out yet but it does look fun.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Great logs Portal keeper, Kin'garoth, and Varimathras

Good logs Garothi, Felhounds, High Command, Coven, and Argus,

Improve logs

Eonar we haven't raided in almost a month and I messed up the order of the H fight. It cost me some dps and overall lower parse.

Imonar I was in the process of swaping my legos around to a more ST build and somebody pulled early. I only had one lego on at the time of this fight. Being down a lego and an early pull always throws me off. Sure it happens but with Feral every second counts. I look to improve upon this.

Aggramar This fight I know I can do better one The logged fight is coming off a wipe and Guild leaders had started the "yelling" I just buckled down and did all I could to make sure the boss went down. Extra roots, battle rezzers. While I did my assigned duties I also picked up the slack of others. This cost me some dps but not a game breaker. At times we have to do more to get things down.

I understand these are H logs and not M. My guild is all but dead and not raiding any more outside of doing H sale runs. These are often filed with pugs and not the "team" We haven't had a full 20 now for the last 3 or so months and have been merging and or pugging it since.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Sure can

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

Having an issue formatting it. I can link it in Discord if that is ok. I'll keep trying otherwise.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Hello, Names, Ross I'm 30 and I'm now retired from the military and going back to school. I am currently not 100% on what I'd like to do. I bounce a lof of ideas around. I debate law school, but then think well I was a medic for ten years maybe I should stay in the med field. I worked as a system admin for my last 2 years in and would love to do that again. So at this time I'm knocking out my generals and dabbling in that. I enjoy going to the beach, body surfing, paddle boarding, jet skiing, boating, beer drinking, my girl friend and I like to take walks and play some pokemon go. With all the newly found time I have. I am always looking for something new to do. I just want to keep my grades up and have a good time.

If you made it this far, I'd like to thank you all for you time and consideration. I'm one of many so thank you for giving the opportunity to put an application together.

Respectfully,
Oxy

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums

Battle.Net TR87#1164 Discord Oxyotl#4009
Palin
The Professor

Re: Oxyotl - Feral Druid

Postby Palin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 am

HI Oxy, thanks so much for your interest with us and detailed application. They're a pain in the butt and we appreciate you putting all your info together and presenting it to us.

I definitely feel for you bouncing around a lot and not being able to find a solid home or group throughout Legion. I've no doubt there's a solid group out there for you to become your full-time home and find that stability you're looking for. Unfortunately your level of progression is just too far below what we are at and what we are looking for in new recruits for us to feasibly consider you. Ideally we're looking for candidates who have at least done one or two of the past few tiers at a competitive level (CE), which your break did not allow you to do. Especially as a melee which is a dime/dozen role, you just don't quite meet the standards we're considering to potentially add to our roster.

Please feel free to reapply down the line in BFA with more recent experience under your belt and perhaps more of an opening for melee on our side. Thanks again for your interest and best of luck in your search for a new home. Take care!

Return to “Applications”