Manyak Flex DPS/Tank

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

manyak

Manyak Flex DPS/Tank

Postby manyak » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:13 pm

1. Character name, Server

Tyrmor-Illidan

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Paladin, Belf, Prot/Ret Maxxed (was also maxxed as prot prior to NH)(Willing to play any DPS or Tank spec)
Have experience as every class with the exception of DH but can learn it very fast

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... dan/tyrmor - Specced to this weeks M+ affixes

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Currently my hours are extremely flexible. When I do go back this semester I will have about anywhere from an hour or two before raid and several hours after. I usually do mythic+ after raids or any additional guild activities like a quick heroic clear. I'm a night owl at heart.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I have been involved in many end game private servers that I hope are not looked down upon.
Feenix WoW All of vanilla cleared : Raided with Envenom (Server 1st, and Convulsion Server 2nd) from AQ20 all the way to Naxx. Some mechanics were broken so it was extremely hard but we managed to figure out strats. I was the 4th Tank
Feenix WoW all of TBC cleared : Cleared the content but it wasn't with a notable guild, in fact I don't even remember the name. They weren't very good. I played hunter and paladin tank.
Eternal WoW All of Wrath cleared : Raided with Aurora (Server 1st) and then broke off into Resolve (Server 2nd) for HC 25 + 10 ICC. Also a server with increased difficulty, the most notable being valks were unable to be CC'd and we didn't run
locks. I played hunter predominately. This guild had several high profile players that frequently competed in Tournament pvp and raiding servers
Warlords of Draenor : Made 2 guilds, 1 being Sentinels-Akama from HM - BRF, a very casual guild that didn't really do any mythic raiding aside from 1-2 bosses from that tier. The 2nd was Tane-Thrall made in January 2016 and cleared Mythic HFC
Legion : Tane went into legion with a roster of about 32 and many just couldn't handle the grind and how unfair legendaries were. When we got into M ToV we had about 17-18 people and struggling to recruit weekly, we cleared EN and only H ToV. I trialed for Raiding rainbows shortly after our guild fell apart but ultimately did not like atmosphere of the raid. (Big egos and toxic) which is why I assume they fell down in rankings.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Currently not in a guild. I've been hoping that a guild will take a chance on me as I'd like to be part of a community of likeminded individuals that enjoy wow at it's core. I'm an easy going person and from what I've seen from kill videos you all seem like really fun people to raid with. I also enjoyed the very funny public humiliation you guys personally sticky of egregiously bad apps.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I was the #3 Tank on thrall even beating the Tanks in Obsidium when they were still around and would like to think I'd be #1 if i was in a better guild at the time. I'm extremely knowledgeable on Prot and Ret but unfortunately didn't see the point to Ret as legendaries were a huge factor in DPS and it was frustrating to just be subpar because someone was luckier than you. I frequent the class discords as well as talk to many high level players about the class I'm playing.

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I'll sit at a dummy, Class discords, talk to high level players about class tricks (DK sitting in archimonde fire before pull for example), sim.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I re-subbed about 3-4 weeks ago and all content has been nerfed several times beyond reason. As prot I just go DPS trinkets as well as seraphim as nothing is coming close to even hurting me. I'll take spellwarding occasionally to save a random pug from mechanics.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse? For very early progression I will refer to my combat timer to see important things like the average time for when we get a boss at a certain %, add phase, or any particular event that isnt static to the boss as every groups DPS/Strat is different. I also analyze how my cooldowns are doing and what I need to change to further help the raid whether it be saving DPS CD's for add phase, better juggling defensive cooldowns for a high damage phase, or being more liberal with CD's to alleviate healer stress on a high raid damage phase. I'm very vocal in raid when it comes to talking about tanking or DPS.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Unforunately the most recent logs I have that mean anything are from EN. I'm aware this is a stigma around people who say things like"former WORLD CLASS RAIDER in TBC looking for guild!" but I assure you I am not one of those people. Additionally, there was a large disparity of skill between the players in the guild but I maintained decent logs despite the very sloppy kills.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... =0&zone=10 - M EN
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4 - H ToV

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
For Cenarius I was clearing alot of bramble so my DPS definitely took a hit. We were also very bad at handling whelps so I had to sit there manually calling out when to kill them and tank them in the middle of the room.
For Xavius I never got to maximize effective DPS as I wasnt the tank that got the optimal sleep.
In terms of active mitigation for all fights I would say I did well with a few hiccups on ursoc and incorrectly judging when I can sac someone + survive tank damage. :(

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, also upgrading to a 1080ti in the coming months when the price drops. Not that WoW is GPU intensive anyway

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc. https://imgur.com/xpIcrCz - Bar at the bottom right next to meters that I obstructed like a dummy is my mark bar F1-F5, either target marks or world markers depending on what is needed(usually hidden). I have another bar hidden for potions/consumables and cancel auras for Bop/bubble. All raid cooldowns (Sac/Bop/Spellwarding/LoH) are mouseovers

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
22, Male, school and work. I enjoy competitive gaming and stay in shape to balance that. I'm a very easy going person that enjoys making people laugh, I'm sociable and frequently play games with people outside of WoW as well. I don't take criticism to heart and find it necessary in any raiding environment. I'm aware I seem like a high risk player as I have nothing recent but despite that hope you guys take consider me for a potential spot in your guild

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums. Dundar#1505(Bnet), Manyak#9334(Discord)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Manyak Flex DPS/Tank

Postby Palin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 pm

HI Manyak, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate the time and effort you put in.

We're not really looking for a tank at this point though we are keeping tank apps on file in case we open our search early BFA.

Unfortunately you've been away from the game a long time and we tend to stay away from Trialing people who need to re-acclimate to the game. Without any background or proof of your ability to play at the level we're looking for on a certain class, we don't usually give roster spots to people rerolling or coming back to the game on a new class. I think your best bet would be to obtain some Mythic logs these last few weeks in prepatch on Ret and/or apply again early into BFA with some Uldir logs under your belt to prove you can play at the level we're looking for still. As much as your EN logs are impressive, it was just too long ago. Also it was EN.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or want to stay in touch over the next few months as you set yourself back up in the game. Best of luck and take care.

Return to “Applications”