Cix -- Havoc DH App

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Cix

Cix -- Havoc DH App

Postby Cix » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:40 pm

1. Character name, Server

Cix, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Demon Hunter, Blood Elf, Havoc (134)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... lganis/cix
Classic gear set used for most content (raiding / m+ / etc...)

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I have been slacking in the play time department recently with burnout due to the end of the expansion. But during the prime of Legion (release up until M Argus cleared) I played pretty regularly everyday. I get home from school at 4 EST, and typically play until the end of the day 11 EST ish. I would be able to make raid times consistently. Interruptions would be limited and an officer would be notified if an absence was to occur.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I've been raiding pretty regularly since the end of MoP, not taking it too seriously until the end of WoD however. I cleared cutting edge every tier since the start of WoD and have been steadily moving up the US raiding ladder. I peaked with a US 29th guild where I simply couldn't fit their requirements into my daily schedule reasonably anymore.
Specifics for Legion
~ US 100th T19
- US 50th Gul'Dan
- US 37th KJ
- US 29th Argus

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Unfortunately, I couldn't reasonably fit into my guild anymore with their raiding times, alt requirements, etc... I want to join you guys because you're on the same server, and have reasonably raid and alt requirements that I can manage.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Havoc is focused around maintaining and spending our resource, Fury. It is a pretty straight forward spec, with few adjustments you can utilize to maximize DPS such as fel rush charges, and crit stacking. Fel Rush charges can clear gaps allowing me to preform specific jobs on fights where other classes wouldn't be as viable for (KJ flame orb for example). For quality of life, I have a mastery set which I utilized during the ToV mastery stat stick swap meta revolving around Chaos Blades.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

For most bosses the talents stay the same, with a swap of legendaries depending on kill time and all that. It would be AOTHG permanently with a swap between RCE / DOG in hopes of fitting another couple of Metamorphosis' in during the fight. To provide a specific example, on Kingaroth progress, I used my T20 gear with DOG which allowed me to have a meta up for each set of adds that we had to kill, allowing me to maximize dps on the priority target adds while staying competitive throughout the rest of the fight.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

When I do log analysis, I'm looking for CD usage, add damage, and gap closers. That said, I compare myself to others of the same class to see when the best time to use a CD is, when to hold rather than use a CD, and what jobs I can complete that other classes will have a harder time doing. Moreover, I look to see how I can take less damage per pull. When I use personal defensives, and when the best time to use a raid wide defensive is.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your

https://warcraftlogs.com/character/id/3 ... artition=1

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

An example of a good boss log is Mythic Aggramar where I minimized damage taken (ultimately last on damage taken), while prioritized add damage, even taking DOG where I would get more metamorphosis' each add phase, allowing me to demolish the adds and overall help the guild kill the boss. I used my classes abilities to complete jobs that nobody else could such as shroud my group for empowered flame rend to minimize damage taken.
An example of a bad boss log would be Coven where I was brought in off the bench for my first kill, with limited pull participation. I was only in for 4 pulls before we killed it, this meant that I didn't have time to feel the fight out before I was thrown in for the kill. Regardless, I didn't to terribly but things could have gone better if I was in for the beginning of progression.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://gyazo.com/065bd2956c3f10fb80dbd9e840ca464d

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

18, scholar athlete playing 3 varsity sports. I'm very competitive and this shows its colors in anything I do, including raiding. I'm always striving to make my self better, however that may be.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

BNet Cix#11241
Discord Cix#0173
Palin
The Professor

Re: Cix -- Havoc DH App

Postby Palin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Cix, thanks for your interest with us.

Quick note from the instructions:

We'll manage but if you want to go back and edit your urls to work that'd be wonderful.

In addition, your WCL link isn't working. WCL changed their formatting a few weeks ago.

Some questions about your guild history: Looks like you were in Precision till they died, joined Fused Fused for about 3-4 weeks in Febuary came in around their 4th Argus kill and then quit? I imagine the weekly schedule decreased a lot with prog over, why did you stop raiding for the past 3-4 months?

We were able to find your early Antorus logs, but not your ToS/NH. Do you mind linking that character's page?

Thanks in advance.
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Postby Melbu » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 am

i fixed the color,
reading is hard
Cix

Postby Cix » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 am

Apologizes.

I came into Fused, played through my trial, and then quickly realized thereafter that I didn't really fit into their guild scheme as much as I would have wanted to for a 16hr + / week raiding guild. Yes our schedule lightened up for farm, but unfortunately my grandparents became very ill right at the tail end of my trial period and I became their care taker for the time period. That being said I couldn't commit to raiding (regardless of light schedule) because I wouldn't be available whenever they needed me. They only recently finished their treatment and were able to head back home to their own personal care.

Clarification for EN / ToS / NH is that I mained Mage at the start of the expansion, and then eventually swapped over to DH.

Logs:
Mage EN :: https://warcraftlogs.com/character/id/16208459#zone=10
Mage ToV (When the main swap happened) :: https://warcraftlogs.com/character/id/1 ... artition=1
NH :: When Precision died, they only changed our Argus logs to public. I will be open to showing you guys NH logs in a similar manner to the way described in the app if need be.

- Cix
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:51 pm

HI Cix, thanks so much for the extra information.

After some review we're unfortunately going to pass on your application at this time. Our roster is 30+ at the moment so we're being very picky if we're adding anyone, especially a melee. Unfortunately its just been a bit too long since you raided and your history is a bit too inconsistent for us to think you'd be a long term pick up for us. We're looking for players who we can count on for years to come, not just a tier or two.

Thanks for your interest and best of luck finding a home for BFA. Take care.

Return to “Applications”