Laoxi - Brewmaster Monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Examples

Laoxi - Brewmaster Monk

Postby Examples » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:16 pm

1. Character name, Server
Laoxi-Proudmoore

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Monk - Pandaren - Brewmaster - 79

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/laoxi

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Basically after class - ~midnight-1am
Class Ends at....
M/W: 11 am
T/Th: 6 pm
F: 12:30 pm
All times are EST

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Started playing WoW in 6.2.3, Started tanking in NH
11/13 M HFC
9/10 M NH
7/9 M ToS
11/11 M ABT pre-nerf

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Toxicity and big egos. They also lie about their raid times. 20 hours/wk US 170 lul.

The shorter progression oriented schedule is a lot easier for myself to manage during school. I really enjoy a nice competitive environment, too often I see a couple garbage tier players getting to see progression over the new solid players and it really hinders progression.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Class discord and logs.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
The talent setup on my armory is my default setup. I swap to Mystic Vitality for Dogs/Coven. Tiger's Lust for Coven as well to counter the slow.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
For progression i'll be building to maximize survivability so I really don't care about first kill parses.

For the most part brewmaster dps is quite static outside of specific talents and trinkets. So i'm able to just look at what the top dps parses for my class are on WCL for farm.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/32968313

Note: I used my blood DK for the couple aggramar kills I have, my vengeance DH has one as well. I do plan to maintain 2 alts in BFA (DH + warrior or DK), logs for my DH/DK are listed below.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/33155760
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/32928525

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
If we're talking dps, High Command and Eonar are my weakest fights. I really don't do anything weird to spec for extra AoE etc. Tank wise varimathras is the weakest fight on my brewmaster. I've only actually tanked the boss once and for the most part did the run-out, not having a disc priest makes the fight exceptionally hard as a brewmaster. I'm forced to double purify after each hit or else my stagger and the dot will very quickly tick me down to my death. If I feel I'm going to die on that specific fight i'll use fort brew for the heal, if its unavailable I prioritize cocoon(absorb) > GS > other.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
yes :)
i7-8700k overclocked to 5 GHz
16gb DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
PowerColor AMD R9 380 (spaceheater)

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/LnMIgLJ
I have all my keybinds memorized and my weakauras show all relevant information.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm a sophomore at University of Michigan Engineering. I'm a computer engineering major and plan to focus on quantum computing. I've recently started learning a little bit of LUA so I can make my own coded WAs to go along with my plain ones. Outside of WoW I mostly play singe-player or co-op games such as Kingdom Hearts (when 3 comes out hype), elder scrolls, borderlands. I play a bit of CS:GO and LOL but would not call myself good at either.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Discord: Examples#3876
B-Tag: PureExamples#1479
Palin
The Professor

Re: Laoxi - Brewmaster Monk

Postby Palin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Examples, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

Can you go into more detail on your Legion guild history? Your achievement say you got your Argus kill in March but your logs don't show anything starting until April. In addition, are your Tomb of Sargeras logs available?

Thanks in advance.
Examples

Postby Examples » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I got my original kill with <Synergy> which was private logged. I didn't stay with them as the synergy between myself and the tank officer was non-existent and there was no mutual respect between us. If you want those logs ping me on discord.

My legion guild history is a mess as I was quite busy with my last year of high school + sports + dual enrollment in college at the time and really didn't have schedule control until the tail end of ToS. I can assure you that will no longer be a problem pushing forward.

ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/stormrage/ponshu#rankingzone=13

If you need any information feel free to ping me on discord or bnet, if its not time dependent ill be checking back here every hour or so.

- Examples
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 am

Hey Examples, thanks for the quick reply and information. After some deliberations we're going to pass on your application at this time. We'll keep your app on file if we choose to reconsider before BFA, and will reach out to you if so. Thanks for your time and interest and best of luck in your search for a new home.

Return to “Applications”