2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Blood Elf Holy Pally 79
Blood Elf Holy Priest 77
Blood Elf Disc Priest 75
Open to any of these 3 for BFA but would prefer some form (or both) of priest.
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I work from home during the week between 8:30 and 4:30 CST and go to bed around midnight. I'm generally available at all other times. My job has the potential for a lot of travel but I think I'll be on my current client (no travel) until at least Feb of next year. If anything changes in this department you guys would be the first to know.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
- Cleared ZG while current
- Cleared MC/Ony while current
- Cleared BWL while current
- Cleared AQ20 while current
- Cleared Kara/Gruul/Mag while current
- Cleared SSC/TK while current
- Cleared Hyjal/BT with <Beatdown Brigade>
- Cleared Sunwell with <Invidious>
- Cleared Naxx/OS/EoE with <Invidious> - Immortal
- Cleared Ulduar with <FE> - raid leader, healing officer, realm first Celestial Defender
- Cleared ToGC with <Og> - healing officer, realm first Grand Crusader, US 15
- Cleared ICC with <Og> - healing officer, realm first Fall of the Lich King, US 67
- Cleared BWD/BoT/ToW with <Og> - healing officer, realm firsts, US 52-68
- Cleared FL (except Rag) with <Og> - healing officer
- Killed Rag with <OBSCURE REFERENCE>
- Cleared DS with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 61
- Cleared MSV with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 66
- Cleared HoF/ToES with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 59-78
- Cleared ToT with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 85
- Cleared SoO with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 20
- Cleared Highmaul with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 73
- Cleared BRF with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 79
- Cleared HFC with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 70
- Cleared EN with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - US 72
- Quit for a few months
- Cleared? (was carried through) ToV/NH with <vodkaz> - I was the 5th healer on their roster and they only used me for Spellblade. They gave me a few pity clears but then it was back to their core 3 or 4 healers so they could do sales ASAP.
- Quit for ToS
- Cleared 11/12 Antorus with <Powered by Memes> and <Vigil> reform (was raiding with both at the same time on pally and priest respectively), went 12/12 with <Vigil> - currently one of the raid leaders and the healing officer
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I'm looking to leave Vigil for a few reasons. The first is raid leader kind of fell into my lap for Argus. I'm not raid leader material and I don't want to do it. I like doing things like setting up healer cooldowns, calling out a few things during raids, or deep diving into logs to find issues. I don't like being responsible for the whole show. I'm proud Argus died under my leadership but it was one of the longest and most frustrating experiences in my WoW career. For reference I currently have 901 wipes between my 2 characters and 1 kill. The second reason is the dedication from the players left in Vigil. We've already had 3 people quit since our first Argus kill 2 weeks ago. The same people who wiped us on Argus over and over again messed up easy mechanics on farm this week. Overall I prepare and play at a certain level that others in my guild don't come close to.
I'm interested in Spike Flail for a few reasons. I'm trying to find a guild on Zul'jin or Mal'ganis with low hours and middle to high performance. I'm looking for a healer spot that can make use of 1 of the 3 specs I like to play. I'm looking for leadership that will treat me fairly and not just use me as a 5th healer only when it's convenient for them. From what I can tell Spike Flail could meet that criteria. I also think it's cool that you guys are an old school raiding guild. This account was actually created 8 years ago (I was maybe considering apping here in Wrath, not sure lol).
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
- Paladin and priest class discords for general information like stats and spreadsheet calculators
- Jak's blogs and videos for other misc priest stuff
- Warcraft Logs to check fight specific talents, trinkets, legendaries, and spell break downs
- WoWAnalyzer for a more personal analysis
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
- Varimathras on paladin I spec Light's Hammer and Beacon of the LIghbringer. The idea behind this spec is you're taking a lot damage from the Aura of Sacrifice passive so you can beacon yourself and get 30% stronger LoDs. Then you can direct heal tanks or others that don't have Misery.
- Varimathras on priest I spec disc with CoW and pretty much just spam PWS and CoW on Misery targets.
- Aggramar on priest I spec Shining Force to help our blood DK manage Embers.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
- Are my high priority spells (HS, PoM, stuff like that) put on cooldown enough?
- Are my 3 min cooldowns being used at the most effective time and am I overlapping them with other healers' 3 min cooldowns?
- Are there dispels? Am I high on the dispel list?
- Are there priority targets? My favorite WCL query is checking healing done to players with a debuff.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier.
Overview for pally: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/sacerz
Overview for priest: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/sacers
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Overall my HPS is very average. I hope you take into consideration I put high priority on both getting jobs done and making other healers happy. What this means to me is if there is a special job (IE platform healer on portal keeper) I'll do it. If there are dispels (IE Imonar) I'm top. If there are priority targets (IE Argus) I'm top. If someone else wants innervate, they can have it. If everyone else wants to use their 3 min cooldowns first, I'll save mine for emergencies. I've been an orange parsing healer in the past and I know what it takes to get there. It's not a style I enjoy playing and I'd rather put my priorities on making the boss kills as smooth as possible.
My first kills on high command healing done to pods:
Me healing portal keeper platforms for the first time after our resto druid quit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PbpMhLZtX4dvRf8D#fight=33&view=replay
Imonar progression dispels:
Coven progression healing to Fulminating Pulse:
Argus kill priority healing (soulblight, crushing fear, unleashed rage, sentence of sargeras):
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, and have the money to upgrade anything that goes out.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm a woman, married, turn 30 later this year. I work from home as a software consultant (C# and AngularJS). Currently writing dental software til Feb. When I'm not working or gaming my husband and I like to go downtown to eat/drink and we travel quite a bit (we show our faces at Blizzcon every year). I own the world's cutest dog. Overall super laid back, easy to get a long with, and quiet until I get to know people. I haven't apped to a guild since Firelands so I'm a bit nervous but looking forward to your feedback.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
bnet is Sacer#1197 and discord is Sacer#4216