1. Character name, Server
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Goblin Shaman, Restoration
Minor: Elemental (However I strongly prefer Restoration)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... is/mekamao
I just started my US account a couple weeks ago after 5 years of AFK so that I don’t have a proper gear now.
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I worked from 9 AM – 5 PM and usually get home around 6:30 PM EST. I’m totally fine with the raid time and that’s why I’m applying. I understand that it’s the most important thing.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Full clear of every Bosses from T10 to T14 while current content.
I don't have a good progress now since I just created my North America Account two weeks ago, in order to learn new things and prepare for BFA. But I would like to share my experience as follows:
My raid time started with T10. At the time, I was playing elemental shaman/rest druid. I was also one of the three callers at the time. We finished at World 1784 but it's a really casual guild that played 6 hrs a week during weekends. We were just having fun on killing bosses together.
T11 I started at H: Maloriak, as an elemental shaman. I was in charge of spell interruption there. We were world 2042 at that time but we ended at world 602 for Al'Akir and Cho'gall. We stopped there since the family issue of some of our people. That was the time I started showed up and took responsibility for most of the random tasks that required an instant reaction.
T12 we started again but without most of the core team of the raid. It took a long time for us to kill Ragnaros because of the flame. In the end, we geared up my druid, which had only normal equipment at the time, for 2 CDs and we tried Ragnaros again. We killed it with 3 tries only. That's the first 3 times I cleaned up the dread flame.
T13 again most of the people started working and wasn't there. We tried 25 man raid but it just fell apart after Chinese New Year (I am Taiwanese and I played in TW server). I was started as a dps but end up to be restoration shaman after I took over the RL role. (RL quitted after Chinese New Year) I started playing as a restoration shaman at the time since it's really hard to find a decent healer. During the progress time, people usually cut healers in order to get a better DPS to kill the Boss before enrage. That's why I switch from dps to healer. We killed Deathwing before first nerf. It was great to play with these long-time friends since I knew that it's the last Tier for them, because of reality
T 14 was my last tier before AFK today because I was going to finish the university and moved to Canada for Master degree and working at the time. I wasn't planned to play a lot since I could only play for one Tier. However, one of the top Guild in Taiwanese Server invited me to join their team and help them on progression, as a restoration Shaman (Reliable healers are hard to find!) I took over the role of the Healer Leader at the time and was one of the three callers of the Raid (two tanks and me). I was also one of the 3 people who mapped our strategy every night after raids and reviewed some of our progress videos to find things to improve.
One thing that reminds me the most was H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer (25). We had only 2 Shaman and have to deal with the "Visions of Demise". I was the one came out with that strategy at the time and it went well. Keep in mind that as a highly competitive progression raid, we didn't have lots of videos or strategies on the internet. At the first down, the other Shaman made a mistake so that her Trembling Totem was still on CD when it was her turn. We managed it well as we planned before. We killed the Boss right at the enrage, with 52 wipes only.
Here’s the video of the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94rqiyWqsjY
I’m the Shaman in Group 5. It’s now my perspective but it still can tell something.
We ended up with Realm #1, TW #2, Asia #4, World #37, with raiding 20 Hrs per week. The guild was called 神樣 in TW server.
I would like to share more if you are interested.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I don’t really have to leave a guild since I just decided to come back to raid because I'm steady now.
I would like to join because, first, the raid time fits my schedule and I still can have time with my family while enjoying killing bosses with friends. Here I'm saying boss rather than loot. In my opinion, loots have no meaning other than allowing you to kill more boss or increasing allowance of tiny misplayed such as wasting couple seconds or pressed the wrong button.
Second, you seem to be a bit picky and I love it since it can save people's time. One mistake that causes a wipe is equal to a minimum of 10 minutes*20 people = 200 minutes. That's how serious it is and that's why minimizing mistakes are important.
Finally, I’ll fit well with a group of idiots since people both of my guilds before were all idiots.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
I’ll have to skip the current tier information since I don’t have mythic experience for current content.
Instead, I’ll provide how we (leaders, including me, in 神樣, the guild I mentioned in section 5) analyzed people’s performance during progress.
We use a combination of logs, skada/recount, and video. We reviewed every skada/recount information after every single fight. Here’s what we focused on: Death log, Damage Taken, Friendly Fire, Damage for DPS (especially damage weight on different objects), Healing done for healers, mana left and overhealing for healers. During progress, we still look at Damage for healers because that really matters. We would not have enough damage without maximizing every single player’s DPS if we wanted to kill the end boss during the 2nd or 3rd CD of the raid.
We barely use video right after the wipe since 95% of the time some people saw what happened. However, we would check if we didn’t.
We would go over the log and some important videos after the raid. It’s hard to compare with others during progress since there’s not a lot of logs that was ahead of us. We usually compared to ourselves between fights or players. The purpose for this is to find out what we missed during the raid and how we planned the cold down and timing better.
I do all of them for myself other than video since I don’t film for myself because I want my computer to focus on the raid itself
For gears, I prioritize them based on theoretical stats. My career started as an analyst and I just cannot stop myself keep doing this.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Sorry that I have nothing to provide here since I don’t have logs for current content and I can’t have a relevant one with current gear. For old logs, our guild policy was to keep it private.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Again, I don’t have logs to provide for now. However, I usually do well on fights that went wrong. I tend to be good at “Plan B” while things go wrong, even in the real world.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Average Ping: 35
Computer specs: i7-8700K, 16GM RAM, NVIDIA GTX1070, SSD.
They will do what I need.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
EXRT is not shown in this SS. Keybindings are not all there since I have couple buttons on my mouse.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I’m 27 yrs-old male, live and work in Toronto. I enjoy playing games, badminton, and reading news.
I'm an open-minded person and my friends in guilds before like to make jokes on me. Somehow I enjoy being the one people are laughing at all the time, not for my mistake but for some joke I made for myself. My theory is that you will only make jokes about people you know well enough and that's a sign of good relationship.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Battle.net ID: Mek#4187
This can always find me since I always have my phone with me.
Want to join? Post your application here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi Mek, appreciate your interest with us. At this time we aren't really considering people we can't Trial at this point, and your lack of current content experience or gear won't allow us to do that. We also aren't really interested in people returning to the game as you are, nor are we in need of a healer or Resto Sham at this time.
Best of luck in your search for a home for BFA!
Best of luck in your search for a home for BFA!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest