Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

izomo

Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Postby izomo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 pm

1. Character name, Server

Isomo Stormrage

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Hunter Human Beast mastery 82

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rage/isomo

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Work is 8 am to 5 30 monday to thrusday, 8am to 2 pm on friday. Don't see this changing anytime soon.

I'm usually online between 6 30 pm and 11 30 pm during the week, and on a lot of the weekend.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Vanilla -
Onyxia's lair cleared
Molton Core Cleared
Blackwing lair Cleared
AQ40 - Stopped at twin Emps

Burning Crusade -
Gruul's Lair cleared
Mag's lair cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern Cleared
The eye - killed Al'ar / Void reaver

Stopped playing at that point and returned a month before pre-patch legion.

Emerald Nightmare Cutting edge
Trial of valor Cutting edge
Nighthold Cutting edge
Tomb of soakgars - 7/9 This is fine stopped raiding after killing maiden.
Antorus - 10/11M Damage networks stopped raiding after 450+ pulls on argus.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Sadly my current guild has stopped raiding after 450+ pulls on argus. I'm looking for a guild that has been solid during legion and is on the horde side, and I have to be in bed by midnight EST.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Icy-veins guides are updated hours after a new patch is launched, the guys over there are the best. Sadly a lot of it is generalized so simming is a massive part

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

In antorus I mostly simmed then went with the talents and gear that did the most dps since most fights are single target for BM hunters. Only talent changes were for imonar and I used trailblazer due to the increased speed on the bridge which gave me alot more control when avoiding mines and orbs. With Enonar I went Marksman since BM was pretty much a melee on that fight and we need the range and burst aoe dmg.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I watch a lot of twitch streams, even if they are a different class, it gives me an idea on how to time things better, or which position is better. Even seeing timings on the boss a lot more helps with preforming better.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/stormrage/isomo

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

With Aggramar, not dying during the hero is a big thing and with vari i was focused on doing mechanics, killing adds and positioning for nerotics, since that is what was preventing us from killing the boss rather then overall damage. With felhounds and high command I was more relaxed and things flowed easier.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, hasn't been a problem yet. Can run pubg at pretty high fps if that gives you any idea.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://gyazo.com/262cfa2e7c59c335d251f7a7974c0ac9

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Mostly just a dude that like playing fps, rpgs and mmo's and goes to work everyday.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

bnet - izomo#1609
Palin
The Professor

Re: Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Postby Palin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:21 am

Hi Isomo, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. At the moment we're looking for people with a bit more pulls and a higher level of progression than the logs you have show. We recognize that a lot of that comes from more pulls and you guys have been extending for a long time, so haven't had more kills to improve your numbers. We also prefer players who are able to play both specs and outside of Eonar, seems you mostly are focused on BM.

At this time we're going to pass on your application - feel free to reapply later down the line with improved logs after you find a better situation and some Argus kills. Thanks and take care!

Return to “Applications”