CJ Elemental Shaman

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

cjwow

CJ Elemental Shaman

Postby cjwow » Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 am

1. Character name, Server

CJ - Bleeding Hollow

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Shaman, Tauren, Elemental, 83

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://raider.io/characters/us/bleeding-hollow/Cj

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I work 9-5 M-F and usually get home at 5:30. These times are eastern I'm from Florida. Raid times are fine and the only thing I know of is in June I'll be going to Texas for a few days (16-19th).

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I'm new to WoW with legion. I hit 110 when Nighthold came out. I did Heroic for most of Nighthold but ended up getting 8/10m before that raid ended. In Tomb I got 8/9m and in Antorus got 11/11m with U.S. 67th Aggramar. Legendary mythic average across all tiers with almost every single fight being legendary. Multiple rank 1 ele shaman parses included.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My guild started dying after Aggramar. We lost 5 core players when we got to Argus which made it a lot rougher than it needed to be. Needless to say people got burnt out and guild fell apart once we killed it. I tried starting a new guild with a few of the people from that last guild (Trust Exercise) but it didn't end up working out. After my guild died when we killed Argus I switched my Wowprogress paid to LFG and Palin messaged me. However, I told them I was going to try to start this new guild. Fast forward a few months I put my Wowprogress status back to LFG and Palin reached out to me again. Honestly the fact that Palin reached out again really means something to me so here we are.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I want to be good at what I do. I'm always trying to look at what other elemental shamans are running/doing and I'm always trying to learn more things. I understand parses don't tell the whole story but I take them seriously and I take my personal performance to heart. I think the best way I can prove my class knowledge is my M+ experience more so than my raid experience. The coordination, raw damage, and being able to survive and having clean play is more detrimental in M+ than in raid at least on a personal level. Especially being a shaman surviving high M+ (25-26 keys) isn't easy. I have to know what trinkets/avoidance/legendaries/externals I need to survive what and when, I need to know my positioning, and I have to keep my damage high. I'm very confident in my ability to always perform at a high level. Currently I'm rank 7 world shaman and rank 2 NA shaman for M+.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

Older logs (I got the name CJ midway through Antorus): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... llow/cjudd
Most recent logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... -hollow/cj

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I want to start off by saying that my Portal Keeper parse was rank 1 across all specs for over 4 months, before even having a 1000 pantheon trinket, and is still rank 11 only being beaten by people who purposely got to pad on imps with 10+ ilvls on me. The only other things I have to say about my logs are I haven't recleared much since we killed Argus. Imonar is low because we always had to wait 30 seconds+ for link and bop to be back up to cross bridges. Coven is low because tanks couldn't tank them earthquake range so I couldn't even use the optimal legendaries/strats. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my logs. Rank 1 ele felhounds/portal keeper/aggramar. Aggramar held for a long time before other shamans started earthquaking the adds to pad. :(

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Actually a good question. I play on a laptop and always get 60 fps in a 20 man raid setting, however, stuff like pugging 30 man Argus and Varimathras definitely drops my pc performance.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

Here is a screen shot of when we killed both the cannons on mythic garothi :) https://i.imgur.com/9WObkyg.jpg

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is CJ I'm 23 I'm dude living in Florida and work in pest control.

13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Btag is Cjudd#1927
Discord is CJayy#2387
Palin
The Professor

Re: CJ Elemental Shaman

Postby Palin » Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 am

HI Cj, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Appreciate your time.

Since your logs are in pretty handy order, is there anything on a mechanical side or survivability side you feel you can work on improving in a raiding scenario? If you had to choose one aspect of your game you could improve on or are working to improve on, what would you say it is and how are you facilitating that?

Quick UI question - your keybinds seem all over the place with some really far from others. Are you using a Razor Naga or something of that sorts that provides easy access to everything?

Where in FL do you live? I grew up around the West Palm area and lived in Orlando for 6 years.

Thanks!
cjwow

Postby cjwow » Sun May 27, 2018 3:13 am

If I had to choose one aspect of my game to work on it would probably be my attitude. I don't think I have a bad attitude by any means but I think it could definitely improve.

Yes I have use a Razor Naga. I mapped the buttons kind of oddly because I still use the number keys so I changed them from the numbers to the right side of the keyboard.

I'm west of Orlando, south of the villages :)
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Thu May 31, 2018 1:45 am

Hi Cj, I don't think you're checking this anymore, but if you are I'm curious your intentions and whether you're still interested in joining. Please contact me in game or on Discord if you are. Thanks.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 am

Closing.

Return to “Applications”