LetzTank - Illidan

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

LetsTank

LetzTank - Illidan

Postby LetsTank » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 am

1. Character name, Server

LetzTank, Illidan

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Druid, Troll, Guardian, 79 points in wep. I have not played any offspec as i mainly tank. I have switched between toons throughout this xpac to help getting boss kills a little faster.
I do not mind switching tanks during prog and have no problem putting in the hours to gear them if the guild requires it. I try to find out what is going to be strong for the next tier and
work on that tank, learning it and gearing it through m+ or alt runs/pug runs. I will talk about this later on in the app, as well as link toons as I have switched pritty mcuh each tier.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

Current Main: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... n/letztank
Alt Dk: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... tstankmate

This toon was made for Agg mythic unfortunatly guild fell apart before I could get it to a decent gear level to do M Agg.

Previous Toons from this xpac:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... haoticrtrd

Used this toon to tank/kite drakes for Cenarius.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... anletstank

Old Main till half way through ToS.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I pritty much play every night. If i commit to raid times I normally try and get on 15-30 mins before raid to mentally prep/warm up for the raid. I do like having a day or two away from the computer but am always reachable through my phone(discord app).
I work in the Cinema industry so some times I could be late however this is very rare (around 3 times a year) for a late showing. I normally give a heads up weeks in advance to this however. If its during progression or a new xpac I tend to have it booked off
as a holiday.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started my raiding end of BC as a holy priest switching to tanking in WOTLK.
WOTLK: I raided in Farm Status - Rexxar: we ended up getting around top 50 us for 0 Light and alg. In TOGC the Guild broke up and I moved to Gentlemans Club - Korgath I think the server was. Getting top 20 Lich King 10 and 25 man.
Cata: At the start of Cata I was in Vigil as I joined the Gm of Farm Status(Rinx) in tanking. Was there for around 4 months when I decided it was not for me while there we got top 5 us kills. After this I took a break till the end of MoP.
MoP: AWOL till the end when a few players from Farm Status and myself decided to form Erebos on Mal'Ganis for WoD.
WoD: Erebos, I was gm and ran the guild for around 6 years during Wod we managed to get around top 150-200 Us for kills.
Legion: Pritty much the same ran Erebos till mid ToS when drama took its toll and I decided I no longer had the passion in running a guild. The guild broke up on Mythic mistress.
Till this point Erebos had cleared all content apart from Mythic Helya while it was current. After this I joined Topped Off on Illidan and killed Mythic Kj. Cleared up to Agg Mythic when drama took the guild.
Currently in Narcosis on Illidan and we are currently working on Argus(0.7% whipe). The guild is not really a fit for me personality wise and I am not enjoying my time here been around 6 weeks. I feel you need to mesh skill and personality
to really enjoy the guild you are in. If both are not met then you start to resent the people in it.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

As stated above I feel I do not fit in the guild personality wise. I am not happy here and dont see myself staying much longer. I know strixir in the guild from when he was in Erebos so reached
out to him and asked if you guys are after a tank.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

For most tanks you have a rotation and you pritty much stick to it apart from the odd skill that can proc which usually becomes top pri. Same goes with bears, Mangle, Moonfire Proc, Thrash, Swipe. Repeat.
Nothing to special. Depending on if its a progression fight or not I will also use Damage cds on pull(Rage of sleeper and Troll Racial(macro'ed together) If it is not I normally try and have an idea of a Cooldown
order to go with. For example on Argus I have been trying two different approaches to my cds the first one uses. Survival of the Fittest, this is a little more safe and has room to make errors as yours cds are shorter.
Example: 1 IF, 2, Barkskin+IF, 3 Rage+IF+arci Trinket, 4 SI, 5 Die. The other waay is to go with Guardian of elune which im playing with at the moment which I need to stack rage and use more IFs than I normally have rage for
Eample: 1 IF(1 stack), 2 IF(2-3 Stacks), 3 IF(2-3 Stacks)+ Barkskin, 4 Barkskin(about to fall off but is still active for the hit)+Rage, 5 Die. I Use the SI for 4 when I go into the next 2 tanking parts I do.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

At the start of the tier I normally go to a lot of different sources and people to see what the 'norm' is and see if it works. Things from class discords to going and checking the top players for that class and see what type of gear they are going for
I check to see if there are any spread sheets with gear listings on(mainly for trinkets). If we have done a night on progression on a fight I will go over my logs see where my damage was high and see if anything is available to me. If not and there
are other guilds who have downed the boss I will have a look over the guilds logs and see what there tanks are doing. From talents to gear, in this xpac legendarys have also been a big thing. As above I spoke about my talent choice on Argus. This was to try
and get my danage up a little once I was more comfy with the fight and I noticed a lot of players over the weeks have been changing the leg's they are using and talents to do this.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?

As a bear, For Surv you want vers, damage you cant go wrong with loads of haiste, I prefer to try and get both but thats my personal choice. Currently gear is a bit all over on the druid. Which is hard to fix with the extending on argus.
For leggos I would love to get the boomkin shoulders for some fights and situations but as I switched to this toon fairly recently at this point I doubt I will be getting it. I pritty much have all the legs for Bear I will need now. So here is hoping.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis

Gorothi: Simple fight I go for damage spec. Low cooldowns. For the most past if I mention damage it means bracers/legs as they are really all I have until I get the Shoulders for boomkin.
Dogs: This is a pritty high damage fight, when progressing on it I was using survival for the reduced cd on abilitys. To be able to take more slashs without needing to many externals. I used the Ethereal Urn until it got nerfed for the fear break also.
Antoran: Guardian of Elune is the talent swap here as armor is gear for this dont really need the defensive cooldowns, for this my parses are bad as I would be in control of exploding mines.
Portal: I would go damage build on this. When progressing we 3 tanked it to make it simple. I would also use guardian of ursoc to help kill imp portals for when dps was missing from going in portals.
Eonar: Pad
Imonar: Short defensive cooldowns to clear bridges.
Kin: Base build nothing to crazy on this fight for the most part the blood dk would handle the orbs. I would help if it was getting out of control. Would save Dps for adds to help burn an add down faster.
Varimathras: Short defensive cooldowns to be able to take slashs. Also used one of the rings to give an extra Si as well as shorter cd.
Coven: Bracers and legs to get as mcuh up time on the boss' as possible. Tank damage was not to high and jsut went full damage on this fight.
Agg: Base build only needed defensives for combo.
Argus: Already spoke about above.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

If its a fight we are progressing on and I have been struggling or nearly dying for example. I will normally record the pulls and replay them in my spare time and see what I could be doing better. Using a cd later or maybe I used a cd when I did not
need too. I also do go over logs but mainly all I look for is go through replays of guilds and see how they are moving a boss/positioning it. If I want to pump out more damage I will check out the top 50 for that class and mainly see what legs_talents they are going for
then change depending on if I see something simliar popping up between these players. Some times The top few could jsut be padding to get that extra damage out and in reality it isnt viable or efficient to do that.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... n/letztank

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Bad logs: Dogs: First kill did not know about the urn being used for fear breaks. Lack of research prior to doing the fight. After this first night kill did some research to improve
Antorian, was in charge of managing mines and would clear certain mines which were solo so did not have a lot of uptime on the boss. Could of managed them better to get more uptime on the boss.
Eonar, Bad strat used by the guild meant a lot of down time at points.
Imonar, Last kill I did was trialing with a new guild first week, was not 100% sure on what there strat was. A lot different to previous strat so had a little learning curve to do.
Kin, nothing to much to say about these logs. Possibly slight more up time on the add to increase damage.
Coven, overall horrable kills lots of dps dead meaning bad kills. Overall later kills good for me personally. Got better at keeping thrash bleeds on a lot of targets at once. Narcosis kill was
bad due to having a dps tank the add meaning could not keep thrash up on first shadow add as would rip threat easily.

Cd usage on most fights as you can tell by going through most I try to improve on week by week. I always try and do a little better each pull and even when a boss is on farm I try and find ways of improving my defensives.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes not to much to go into on this question. I run the game on high and if anything was to cause frame drops or lag I would turn the graphics down.

Yes, I have a 980, i7, I render and do graphics so my pc is way over the pc specs for the game.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/LptCB
Ui in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlyAUmb2yc

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I am 30, male and live in England. I work in the cinema industry which I work the night shifts on which is one of the reasons I raid on American servers. I enjoy making videos and doing art in my free time. I adore Final Fantasy games pre 11 that is.
Thanks for taking the time to view and read my app. Dan

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Bnet: Chaoticrtrd#2457
Discord: LetsTank#0369
Palin
The Professor

Re: LetzTank - Illidan

Postby Palin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Letz, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to create a detailed application, we know they're a pain and appreciate your time.

A few questions:

• With tanks we're being exceptionally picky and wanting to make sure we have a long term fit and someone who can be relied upon all through BFA. Looking at your history in Legion you bounced around a bit and are looking to leave your 3rd guild since ToS. Can you go into some details on what caused Erebos to throw in the towel, why you left Topped Off (looks like they died maybe?), and more about the reasons you're looking to leave Naracent? Being there only 6 weeks are you still on Trial, or has that passed?
  • What tank role are you filling on Argus and what have the challenges been to get over the 1% wipe hump? What little things did you change or improve on over the 400+ pulls to make your performance better or more consistent as you got closer to a kill?

More later, thanks much!
LetsTank

Postby LetsTank » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi Palin, sure the story with Erebos is that I founded it with 2 close players I have known for 8+ years. Over time I lost both these players(one due to being greedy with loot which I called him out about) the other due to real life. I replaced these guys with other officers
who did not work out in the long run and got burnt out from the game. These officers were never replaced and over time the burden of running the guild got to me along with the drama. The nail in the coffin was my own doing in recruiting a tank I probably should have. As well as a group
of pritty good players. One morning after starting progression on mistress I awoke to a video recording of this group shit talking the guild and myself. As I was really burnt out from recruiting and doing most the stuff alone I decided not to push myself any more and called it a day.
It probably went down a lot worse than that but thats the overall way of it.

Topped Off
died. Pritty much for the same reasons as Erebos. The Gm kept loosing his officer core and the new officer he took in would not take any advice on strats which lead to frustration among the guild. A few toxic players and the Gm called it a day after 10 years. If you would like a
reference from him I can get you in touch. I am still fairly close to him and he is a really nice guy. I thought I found a home here actually when I joined I was upset when it broke up even with all the flaws. My personality was a good match and I enjoyed logging into the game again.

Narcosis; I am still on trial with them, I think because we have jsut been extending on Argus and nothing else really they have not promoted any other trial while I have been here either. I joined this guild as a quick way to find a raiding guild around the same level as what I was at in Topped Off. At first I thought this may be a good fit as first week the Gm was away on a trip. I really enjoyed this first week. When he came back however the guild seemed more on edge.
He is the type of Gm who shouts a lot. However this effects his decision making which is not cool. He decided to recruit a 3rd tank for Argus insted of tanking it himself which I found strange and this was my first warning signs here. At this point I started looking around for guilds but did not apply I jsut had a list of possible options.
When the new tank came over he informed the gm he would be late 2 nights. So instead of tanking for the 10 minutes he was going to be late. The Gm recruited a 4th tank. At this point I was like?? Ontop of this the Gms gf raids here and when she messes up all hell goes down which ends up in the Gm shutting down some times.
Theres also a lot of finger pointing with little solutions being made. Personality wise I dont feel I fit in. I normally find it pritty easy to fit into a guild but for some reason I have only bonded with a handful of people. Finally they know I am looking at moving to a new guild and I have no problem with you contacting any of the officers or Gm.

Argus: So when I first started tanking this boss(I came in at 300 pulls) I got thrown in at the deepend and had to do some research quickly for the fight. I played it safe and went full defensive. So Ring and Archis. So I would have a spare SI if needed. This meant that my damage was low. As I progressed the fight and got more comfy with it I looked
at what other druids were using talent wise and legendarys wise to get my damage up while being able to survive the stacks in the last phase. I changed a talent and the si legendary for legs. As this would help some what push the damage maybe not the full 1% needed but it would help some. I also spoke to the other 2 tanks and tryed to see if
they could swap a leg around to pump out a little more damage after our 0.7% whipe to which the blood Dk has done. For some reason he was not using shoulders. Not sure why. The main problem why the group has not killed Argus is mainly because they have 2-3 weak Dps who cant manage to stay alive or die randomly. Its pritty impossible to kill this boss at the level we are at and have
a dead dps from 30% health this was on the 0.7% pull.
My job on the fight is just to take the hits and tank/position the boss along with the brewmaster. I help with red orbs and protect the group when not tanking the boss, I communicate with the blood Dk on which orbs will be best to get, the blood Dk is the main soaker of red orbs in the last phase. I also help calling out if we get bad orb spawns by calling it out as to try and help the players who die a lot.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Letz, apologies for the delay getting back to you. As I'm sure you're no longer checking this - we've decided to unfortunately go another direction with our tank search at this time. Should something not work out on our end and you're still in the hunt down the line we'll reach out to you if we're interested. Thanks again for your interest - Best of luck and take care.

Return to “Applications”