Mezz- Frost DK

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Mezz- Frost DK

Postby mezz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 am

1. Character name, Server

Mezz, Malorne

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Troll Frost DK, I am 79 in frost and 75 in both unholy and blood.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) ... lorne/mezz

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I am currently in the Reserves I know my schedule at least 2 weeks ahead of time, besides that I would be available every raid day.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I've been playing since BC only really raided in WOTLK and Legion T19 US 159, T20 US 78.

The Burning Crusade:

Karazhan - Did not clear
Gruul's Lair - Did not clear
Magtheridon - Did not clear
Serpent Shrine Cavern - Did not clear
Tempest Keep - Did not clear
Battle for Mt. Hyjal - Did not clear
Black Temple - Did not clear
Sunwell - Did not clear

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas - Cleared
Malygos - Hiatus, did not clear until returning for Ulduar.
Ulduar - Full Cleared, Yogg 0 included while current content.
ToC/ToGC - Full Cleared, Tribute to Insanity included while current content.
ICC - Full Cleared on 10 man, did not get HLK 25 until after Halion release and pre cata patch.
Halion - Full Cleared.

I quit half way through BWD.

Mists of Pandaria:

I PvPed, didn't raid.

Warlords of Draenor:

I not play

Emerald Nightmare - Full Cleared while current content.
Trial of Valor - 2/3. Didn't kill Helya until after M Guldan.
Night Hold - US 159 cleared after nerfs.
Tomb of Sargeras - US 78

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My guild died during Argus progression and am trying to find a new guild that seems friendly and can kill content while relevant.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

Talent and Legendary selection is pretty straight forward for ST and AOE,

Shattering Strikes, Murderous Efficiency , Icecap, Winter is Coming, Inexorable Assault(Volatile Shielding if you know there is going to be huge spike magic damage), Gathering Storms(ST) Frostscythe(AOE), Obliteration or Breath of Sindragosa on certain fights.

For Legendarys you wear Bracers and Belt ST, AOE you wear Bracers Sephuz.

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

ST opener: Remorseless Winter > Howling Blast( Want to keep up Frost Fever) > Pillar of Frost(big dmg cd)> Obliterate(you want to use Obliterate before hand to generate enough RP during Obliteration just in case you do no get procs)> Obliteration > Alternate between Obliterate, Frost Strike or Howling blast depending on procs> After Obliteration is over you want to make sure you have 5 stacks of Razer Ice and use Sindragosa's Fury while Pillar of Frost is still active.

AOE is essentially the same but you use Frostscythe when there are multiple adds

Similar to single target, the only addendum being trading maintenance of Savage Roar for maintenance of Brutal Slash charges. Use only when empowered by blood talons and tiger's fury if possible. Use on multiple targets if possible. Otherwise sit a 2 charges and burn one off to avoid over capping, unless you are 100% certain you can get all 3 charges back in time for the cleave section of the fight, in which case you can spend charges on single target as needed provided they are empowered.

Heavy AoE fight opener

When you're cooldowns are not active you want to keep atleast 2-3 runes up and use Frost Strike to dump RP to not cap. Obliteration is you're most damaging ability especially with the 4p and legendary belt so you want have enough runes to use it as many times a possible during the fight.

As Frost you have 3 main CDs:
Pillar of Frost: which increases strength by 20% as well as increase frost dmg by 25% with legendary bracers and the weapon trait Frozen Core, you want to use this off CD for the most part.

Sindragosa's Fury: Pretty much the pad dragon 5min cd that is reduced to about 2.5mins depending on rng, does frost dmg so you want to pair this with PoF as well as have 5 stacks of Razerice which increases frost dmg your enemy takes by 3% each stack(max 5), if possible you can also wait until Unholy Strength (15% str proc) and Concordance proc but this isn't always possible

Obliteration(interchangeable with Breath of Sindragosa):Obliteration reduces the cost of Obliterate by 1 rune(instead of 2) as well as having a 100% chance to proc Killing Machine(100% crit chance to Obliterate) when you Frost Strike or Howling Blast(only HB if you have a Rime proc), Breath of Sindragosa is pretty much just a consistant stream of dmg that stops when you run out of RP.

You also have a 4th CD which is more of a quality of life CD, Empower Rune Weapon, it gives you all 6 runes back as well as 25RP just incase you get bad rng and don't get any runes refunded.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Simcraft nightly versions, warcraft logs, Clawnalyst - is a good quick analysis tool tailored to Feral specifically. I look at kill times to see if there's a better cooldown management set up I can run for that fight, whether I can cheese Convergence of Fate, and where my damage bursts/drop off would be in relation. On fights where the raid is taking ample damage, I try to use my blood talon Regrowths on a damaged raid member via my mouseover Regrowth macro. I also try to time savage roar to benefit everyone in range on hairy spots like certain Mistress RNG bullshit moments.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
I Sim myself often as well as use Pawn

For my current gear set my best stats are Haste and Vers, of course this is subject to change. Frost stats are all dependent on break points so you pretty much want roughly around 20% Crit, 30-25% Haste, 35-45% Mast, Vers in my opinion worth a lot more this late into the game when we are this geared so id say 10%+ is a good number for Vers.

( Pawn: v1: "Mezz - Frost (Raidbots)": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Frost, CritRating=40.57, Strength=29.51, HasteRating=42.44, MasteryRating=39.4, Versatility=42 )

I currently am really low on vers so I would prioritize gear with haste/vers or crit/vers

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

For the most part it is straight forward for FDK, ST you run bracers/belt and and ST talents for AOE you run Bracers/Sephuz and take Frostscythe instead of Gathering Storms.

The only fight you vary from this is my boy Kinny G, you take Breath of Sindragosa because there is 0 ramp and it is sustained dmg throughout the entirety of the add you are assigned to.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

When I look at logs I first look for a good parsing log with a similar kill time(imo most accurate way to compare logs) I look at number of casts and compare my casts to theirs and if I have similar casts I know I'm not forgetting to hit buttons.
I also like to see during phases with a lot of dmg how they are staying alive and what defensives they are using.

When I'm trying to improve my parse I tend to look at when top parsing DKs are using their cds see if there is a better/more efficient way to min/max my dps and see if they are holding them for any specific reason.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

I played Rshaman on Aggramar as well as most weeks on Imonar(no one in my guild had a resto offspec)

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

My 2 worst parses are Imonar and Coven.

Imonar really just haven't seen the fight enough on my DK to get an understanding of CD timings.

Coven I died the first week so I was mostly focused on trying to stay alive.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes. I have a 970, as well as an I7 6700k. I usually get around 90-100 fps depending on fights, my PC is not top tier so I do get occasional lag on certain fights but nothing big enough to cause me to mess up.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

I use the same WA setup for all my spec so I am used to the positioning of my abilities, all the keybinds are show however I do have Death Grip set to a mouse over macro, I feel every DK needs this it is way more efficient to mouse over then swap targets grip and swap back.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Chris I'm 23, I've been in the Reserves for 5 years now kinda like it kinda don't, I'm a pretty chill guy I joke around a lot. I think I'm a likable person don't really hold grudges. Before Legion I was pretty much playing FPS games, used to be decent and compete in CSGO.

13. Out-of-game contact information - best way to contact me would be Bnet mezz#1313 or message me on Wowprog
The Professor

Re: Mezz- Frost DK

Postby Palin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 am

Hi Mezz, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Sorry to hear about your guild, sounds like you guys were close too.

With your schedule do you often have periods where you're called away, even if given the 2 weeks in advance notice?

Postby mezz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:11 pm

In June I know I'd be gone for 2 weeks but besides that usually only gone for the weekends and occasionally thurs-sun.
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 am

Hey Mezz, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. At this time we have 2 DKs on Trial and are being a bit picky with adding any additional melee Trials, so we're going to pass on your application at this time. If something changes in the near future we'll reach back out and see if you're still looking.

Best of luck in your search and thanks again for your consideration!

Return to “Applications”