Ackerman - Shadow Priest

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Ackerman - Shadow Priest

Postby Noflex » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 am

1. Character name, Server
Ackermanxo, Zul'jin
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Priest, NB, Shadow (80), Have BiS for other specs but don't really heal to be honest unless its 15s.
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) ... ackermanxo

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I can make all raid times and I am up pretty late into the night like most of my roommates.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Cleared HFC while current content (started raiding with Happy Accidents on A52)
Cleared EN while current content
Cleared ToV up to 2/3 then family situation forced me to take a break
Cleared Gul'dan while current content with Happy Accidents until after Gul'dan
I have been helping an old friend from Rebellion with Argus prog on Zul'jin for the past month or so and I feel like I am ready to move up in progress permanently.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I want to progress with more hours at a faster pace with better players and that's what Spike Flail offers me. A lot of the better players of the guild have left and it has slowed progression a lot. I feel like I am able to play at a higher level so I am taking that next step. Your raid times fit my schedule perfectly and I do want to raid at a time where it doesn't force me to shift my life around.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
I play a shadow priest which has run the same talent setup since ToS. I help out a lot on the H2P discord with some references from the mods there if you need. I like to know everything about the class and feel like I have a good understanding of priest. I didn't parse well in the later M Antorus fights because of strat changes and such but I do know my class and reflect that in terms of rotation but shadow priest is all about voidform and that can make or break a parse. The difference between a 40 stack voidform and a 57 stack is huge and when you botch one voidform it messes you up for the next one or two depending on if you can disperse to fix your cooldown timings (since it pauses your insanity drain).

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
Opener is standard pot at 2 and mind blast double dot with vt and swp then blast again with a flay until you can erupt where you enter a pritority system of Void bolt> Mind Blast> Dots up> Filler(flay) with a torrent and mindbender fit into each cycle of ideally 55-57 stacks of voidform and the "one minute cycle" being done over and over again with no large cooldowns for spriest, just a ramp up that gets exponenetially stronger. You want to snipe shadow word death on lower health mobs and try to dot between void bolt casts on off mobs.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I keep up with H2P everyday either contributing or learning and that tends to be a great resource for information. I can talk to most of the top US spriests from our sales discord as well if there are really specific questions.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
Ilvl doesn't matter for spriests as much as other intellect classes due to the fact that intellect doesn't matter as much because haste and crit mean so much to the class with a haste "soft" cap implemented. Haste and crit both directly affect your insanity generation which is the only reason you cast spells as a shadow priest. However, it is pretty difficult to keep up with the one minute cycle I mentioned above on top of mythic mechanics without high levels of haste.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Only Eonar because its a meme otherwise shadow is pretty set in its legendary setup like it has been since ToS.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Loochy and I talk, I talk with the priest in Easy Cynthigosa or I talk with the other people in H2P because it is easier to just accept help and get better, then to fail and hold the team back. I look at timings on mindbender because popping it at 28 stacks of voidform can be a whole lot diffferent than 32 stacks of voidform because of the mulitplicative nature of voidform, mass hysteria (artifact trait that multiplies dot damage every second in vf), haste gained every second in voidform, and tier 21 crit 4 piece building crit damage as you are later in voidform.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application. ... ackermanxo

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
For the fights I didn't do well on I didn't know their strats well enough which caused me to lose voidform and therefore lose the parse. After killing Aggramar they have been extending so there arent many logs. However, I do have some top 50 world parses in heroic and normal (though they don't mean much) but they do showcase that I know how to play my class. When a shadow priest drops out of vf it compunds issues throughout the fight causing a lower and lower parse as you mess up earlier in your vf resulting in lower parses if you can't cast because suddenly you're asked to stack to bait beam for Kin when that wasn't how you had seen it before. I was present for all of Aggramar prog but was absent on the night of the kill (though I was there for a .7% wipe the night before) because I had to move back to school and could not make raid.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
I have a few mousover macros that you can't really notice from the screenshots but that helps to dot and cc a target without having to really move or lose focus on mechanics or what is my target at the time.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
My name is DJ I am an economics student at Case Western in Cleveland. I play lacrosse in my free time and also enjoy music a bunch. Loochy (current rank 1 on every difficulty of argus) said he would provide me a reference if you were interested.
chris#11507 -- battletag
Loochy#1000 -- discord
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Ackerman#11507 -- battletag
Ackerman#2733 -- discord
The Professor

Re: Ackerman - Shadow Priest

Postby Palin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 am

Hi Ackerman, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

It looks like only 1-2 of your kills is showing on your WCL page - did you have another server your char were on for others you can link that WCL page for? Or were those other kills private logged?

Do you mind linking us the .7% wipe on Agr night you were in? Thats pretty much as good of a kill.

Thanks in advance.
The Professor

Re: Ackerman - Shadow Priest

Postby Palin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Closing due to lack of response.

Return to “Applications”