Haze - Ret Paladin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Haze

Haze - Ret Paladin

Postby Haze » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

1. Character name, Server
Hazexd-Stormreaver

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Paladin, Blood Elf, Ret(79) Prot(67) Holy(61)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormreaver/hazexd Have the pieces to run 4pc ToS/2pc Antorus, But would need to get a couple better pieces from ToS.(cloak is only a heroic one as Rets used the legendary cloak in ToS)

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I can be around almost any day/time that I am needed. I work 7am-3pm so there will be no scheduling conflicts.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Warlords of Draenor
BRF: 3/10 Mythic, First time in a mythic guild, went back after the 2nd week of HFC and got realm first Blackhand for Silver Hand
HFC: 13/13 Mythic, Started Raiding with Raiding Rainbows on Illidan
Legion
EN: 7/7 Mythic
ToV: 2/3 Mythic, Transferred to a friends guild and played Affliction lock for them as they already had a ret.
NH: 10/10 Mythic, Went to a new raid team as my group suffered from mass burnout and cancelled the group all together, at the end of NH and start of ToS.
ToS: 9/9 Mythic, Guild I was in had a lot of drama between officers and certain raiders and most of the people in the guild found other places at the end of the tier.
Antorus: 6/11, Currently raiding with Promethean-Stormreaver.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I woke up this morning to my GM/raid leader posting in Discord that he would be folding the guild raid group as he had real like things that were taking too much of his time. I am looking for a strong and like minded group to push the tier to the end and have some good times with.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
Some self analysis would be that I need to work on pushing as much as I can, being in the position I have been in recently. The GM told me that he would not bring me in over nontrials for new bosses in pretty much any situation, which caused me to get pretty lazy when I know that I was preforming more than I needed to for that group. Working on expanding my class knowledge has been very big to me this expansion. I have met a lot of good ret/players that I can learn from and use as resources, along with the Discord and [url]thesilverhand.net[/url].

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
Single Target Priority
Judgement->Templar's Verdict(5HP)->Blade of Justice(<4HP)->Templar's Verdict(3/4HP)-> Crusaders Strike
[url]AoE/Cleave Priority[/url]
Judgement->Divine Storm(5HP)->Blade of Justice(<4HP)->Divine Storm(3/4HP)-> Crusaders Strike
[url]Opener[/url]
Divine Hammer on 3(if talented)-> Old War(ST)/Prolonged(Multi)->Blade of Justice->Wings->Judgement->Templar's Verdict->Wake of Ashes->Into priority system

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I am always going over logs of rets that had done better on fights than myself. I also have other rets that I talk to and ask questions when working on problems with my play. I also use the Discord and ret resource websites.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
I use Simcraft when I get a piece of loot that might be a questionable upgrade, and Pawn for a quick look at the estimated percentages on an upgrade. I have all the Ret legendaries and only missing 3 holy and 1 prot.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I swap mostly depending on what the boss needs, a good example is when I use Divine Hammer and AoE trinkets for High Command or if like this pasted week I was told not to so that we would have better single target. If the boss has heavy sustained cleave I would use Divine Hammer and more mastery gear/AoE trinket, but if the adds die more quickly like on Portal Keeper I would keep my Blade of wrath Talent and use something like Gorshalach.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look to see when I should be using CD's and when I should be holding them. I look at my damage taken from avoidable mechanics, because to me if you're standing in everything and fucking up mechanics then dying your damage does not matter. Also I compare myself to other players with our kill speed/gear level to gauge what I need to be doing to improve where I am lacking.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ver/hazexd
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... as/hazexd#
Both of these are me one while I was Ally for the first couple weeks and the other now that I am Horde

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
In my most recent kill(Imonar) I messed up my wings as I got a fixate and had to run out during the duration of my CD's. I could have saved them for 6-8 seconds and done much more damage but I was greedy and did not wait to see if I would have to run out before using them.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, I played Aff on Scorp and had no problems.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/B2ACO

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
Hi, my name is Cam. I am a 25 y/o US Army veteran. I have played wow off and on since Vanilla and came back more hardcore in BRF. I work at Chickfila now as an Assistant Manager, I know its shit, but it pays the bills and doesn't take to much of my time. Other than that I am always around at my computer or out with my girlfriend, so I am always down for M+, PvP, Alt runs, and older raids(ToS/NH).

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Discord: Haze#4389
BTag: Haze#12657
Palin
The Professor

Re: Haze - Ret Paladin

Postby Palin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 am

Hey Haze, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

By chance are your Mythic ToS logs available? The ally char is only showing Heroic. Thanks.
Haze

Postby Haze » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 am

They are still private it looks like. I have contacted the old gm to release them, but I am not part of the logs anymore so I can not promise anything. Sorry.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Haze, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. At this time our roster is in great shape running 20-22 DPS and we're being picky with who we add to the melee team. Your Mythic numbers are good but not exceptional and at this point we're somewhat looking for exceptional. As such at this time we're going to decline your application, but we'll be sure to let you know if something changes in the near future. Thanks again for your consideration and best of luck in your search for a new home to finish Antorus.

Return to “Applications”