Hurtlöcker - Affliction Lock

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Hurtlocker

Hurtlöcker - Affliction Lock

Postby Hurtlocker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 pm

1. Character name, Server

Hurtlöcker, Korgath

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Warlock, Gnome. I currently main Affliction(75) as its just far superior to the other two specs currently. I have mained Destro(65) and Demo(72) before during en, tov, nh, and tos. I will play whatever is best for the fight and be properly geared for it.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... %C3%B6cker

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Right now I work a 9-5 on the east coast for a company called Infosys so only when I am at work or at the gym am I unavailable to play but I am always available to respond to messages and look at anything that is not blocked on the network at work. I like to get home around 7:30 ish or earlier depending on how busy the gym is, I try to workout everyday(I can and am willing to switch that up to make it easier to get home faster). I don't have a needed bed time in my past raid we would be raiding till 12:30 and would have officer meetings after that would sometimes go for 30 minutes to an hour. In the next few weeks I am getting moved to a new location for my company so I will have a few days where I will be traveling and internet may be spotty but it should be fine after that time.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I've been playing on and off since TBC. I started causally raiding in Catacylsm mainly being in normal 10 mans as a belf mage. Later actually picking up my raiding in Wod.

Cataclysm:

Bastion of Twilight - Cleared up to council on normal.
Blackwing Descent - Cleared the first few bosses in normal as an arcane mage in a friends guild.
Throne of the Four Winds - Never went into there.
Firelands - Cleared two bosses on 10 man before the guild died on horde where I was.
Dragon Soul - Started my break from the game before DS released.

Mists of Pandaria:

Took off the entire expansion outside of the last few weeks as they coincided with my return from Australia. At this point I chose to go alliance and reroll to a nelf druid.

Warlords of Draenor:

Highmaul - cleared all but makork on heroic as a resto druid.
Blackrock Foundry - Guild cleared up to Blast Furnace on heroic and was have attendance issues so i pugged 11/11 heroic.
Guild I was in died so I decided it was time to jump into mythic to get better.
Hellfire Citadel - Cleared the first 3 Bosses on mythic in a guild called absolute best, later the guild would die and I left to go to the guild Leap of Faith and full cleared the rest of the bosses as either resto, boomkin, lock, hunter and my mage(whatever was needed for the fight I played to assist based off attendance issues). Midway we decided to change our name to Serendipity to re brand the guild for the better.

Legion:
As a two day guild we decided we wanted to push higher so we pushed for splits and I re rolled to lock full time.
Emerald Nightmare - Full cleared while current content getting about 500 or more slots higher in world rankings.
Trial of Valor -2/3 before the release of NH as we were still pushing to get better, later would kill it after tich progression just to finish it off.
Night Hold - Full cleared and achieved server first as well as put as as a top 5 of US two day guilds.
Tomb of Sargeras - Cleared all the way up to FA on my lock. Swapped to hunter to help with the the soaks that were needed for the last two bosses. Unfortunately real life things came up and I had to take a break mid FA and never saw progression on KJ.
Antorus- With our tanking issues in mind I swapped to my druid 2 weeks before the raid opened. Turned out our blood dk was able to return but we were wary so I decided to stay on my druid as balance for the first clears of heroic and the first 2-3 weeks of mythic. Was in on felhounds progression and some of council but stepped out as my druid lacked the proper trinkets to compete and was okay to step in when I was needed. Weeks later I swapped back into gearing my lock again as affliction was looking really good and my time freed up a lot more. I full cleared heroic once and got 4 piece and the trinkets I needed and that very next week we cleared 5/11 before the holidays, i only cleared 4/11 of the bosses as I didn't need anything on the first boss and others did. The guild was at 6/11 with meaningful pulls on Kingoroth.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My current guild died. A difference of opinion of leadership drove a rift that started when I was away during KJ progression that ultimately never healed. I had to come back to ease tensions in a pinch but it was too late I guess the damage was done and I guess it took them a few weeks to decide they were done. Most of the top players and two officers left to go join the guild limits old gm was making. With the departure of all that talent, with a heavy heart we decided a rebuild was not worth it so we have all went our separate ways. A common problem with two day guilds is the amount of time able to push that hard isn't possible so at some point people want to leave to go push higher which is understandable. So with the death I've decided I want to try out something new and go back to horde and play in a more progressed guild once again as a raider and not a leader.

I choose your guild because I know I am able to play at a high level mechanically and be an asset to progression. On progression kills I push damage and am more motivated to perform at a high level where it matters the most. I also see that you guys are a established guild and a lot older which is something I am looking forward to. Dealing a lot with the immaturity I have in the past two years as an officer is something I am tired of so it will be nice to be in a place where I can worry less about peoples conflict and just be relaxed and have fun. I also miss horde and the characters so that was an added plus. As I used to raid two days I wanted a guild two bosses ahead of us as more raid time should relate to more boss kills and higher progression.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

Ill breakdown my lock but if you would like to know more about other classes I would be more than welcome to talk about them. I've been only playing lock for one expac so there is always more I can learn.

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

Pre pot. Agony, Corruption,(SL if speced into it). (Phantom singularity if ever speced into it weve in before the UA's) Two UAs then SH then Reap Soul and Drain Soul if running mg. Reapply dots in pandemic and continue the cycle of drain to UA's. Can allow of dot fall off if lucky UA procs but never agony. With new tier and less mg usage outside of pure st it changes that up a bit. Burn shards on uas if above 4 shards. In multi target with WIA maintain all dots and try to maximize contagion when used else you'd maximize the dot of the new tier 4 and never let dots fall off.

This is a basic opener it can change drastically. Example of that would be back when you could use the double life tap buff so it was life tap life tap talent switch pre pot and start applying dots. Another was during Mythic Desolate Host progression I would be on one side and life tap till I was sub 40 percent health and on pull pre pot and seeds with a ua to proc the explosion and then leave to go back up and dot the other boss side. The free damage on the bottom boss from corruption was worth the trouble.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Used to use simcraft nightly version been using a lot of raidbots to do it as at work I can check on things easier. Obviously I look at logs to see where I can improve on damage on specific add packs during the boss. But I watch a lot of the replay and positioning of my play as well as streams of the raid. Case in point I was trying to maximize my damage on hounds by trying a different build and kept having dots fall off as the bosses were far apart. Learning from that I need to place my portal closer to the middle to be able to port at a moments notice to reapply dots. I love to scour over logs to see how I can perform better and what I can help on surivability wise. During Sisters i choose to go aff with demon skin because I knew the damage taken was ridiculous at times and I chose the spec with more healing potential to make up for potential mistakes of high stacks from crossing the moon mongoness. With no prydaz at the time destro was reckless and death meant more pulls that are wasted. I actively use health stones and make sure to position myself to optimize my damage as well as ability to deal with mechanics. Finally I like to think I am a mechanics monkey cause I am more than happy to do whatever is needed of me in raid. During our Guldan kill I soaked souls, ccd two adds, and still attempted to keep all my dots up because I knew what was prioritized for the kill and not for my parse. I will sit there and drain soul to survive so I can do more damage later.

I think though a lot of the knowledge of the raid is found with raiding with the same people for awhile. I knew my healers and I knew their weakness and how they prioritized healing people. So raid frames and information is important. As well as damage its important for aff locks to snipe for shards and wrath procs so knowing your raid and how they damage adds is important as well for SH(need all dem agonies).

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?

( Pawn: v1: "Hurtlöcker - Affliction (Raidbots)": Class=Warlock, Spec=Affliction, Intellect=19.72, CritRating=37.25, HasteRating=33.00, MasteryRating=33.95, Versatility=29.23 )

So that's just one pawn string showing a build with agony helm and belt on single target as you can see I am lacking a lot of crit which I can easily swap pieces and re sim. Aff locks have such a variety on stats per fight, talent choice and leggos choice that a true priority is not really a thing. Obviously you want pieces with mastery haste or crit but outside of that anything can be good with tf at some point even vers can be useful. Relics can also be so random, a biss relic with perd or shadow damage can be shit cause the crucible rolls badly on it. So its just a lot of simming and tracking of stats. When looking at gear I look at its stats and the potential pieces I have in my bag that are comparable and see if its an upgrade or can be useful.

I have all the aff leggos. I am only missing the demo helm and destro ring and bracers. You need an assortment of leggos to be able to maximize damage on each fight.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Garothi WorldBreaker - Pure Single Target so mg and contag, sh as well as sl with new tier its value is nice. Leggos would be a decision based off my sims. Helm belt, Helm neck, helm soul are all good options for that fight and if your feeling really luck with the rng you can go belt soul and pray for the sweet procs. I've done the rng try, I think prydaz and helm might be really good but I don't have high ilvl rings so that might determine what I would do.

Felhounds of Sargeras- WAI, contag, sh, sl, with helm and belt. I was trying out to see if I could maintain contag but that was apparent quickly at how far our tanks were apart I couldn't get enough UAs out to maximize the extra damage outside of later on in the fight when the fire forced the tanks in closer.

Antoran High Command- WAI, abs, sh, de, with helm and sacrolash. Pretty standard for the fight corruption ring is ridic with the new tier and the adds are up for so long. Trying to snipe the bats before they die is the hardest part of the fight.

Eonar the Life Binder- WAI, abs, seed, de, with sephz and sacrolash. Pretty standard for the fight corruption ring is once again really strong and burst aoe is awesome for this. Plus slowing the bats down and other things are really nice for the fight.

Portal Keeper Hasbel- WAI, conatg, phantom singularity, de, with sephz and helm. This build works really good when you don't have to go up in the platforms as it has just a lot of maintain damage and burst potential for tagging as many adds as possible to keep the high wrath up as well as shard gen. You have to hit interrupts with the doomguard and use seeds properly in raid with heavy aoe like mine was to be able to tag the most adds.

Imonar the Soulhunter- i would go mg, contag, sh and sl. With the new mastery sl is nice and heavy movement would be nice for that. With my lack of crit I think I would go either helm and prydaz or helm and belt.

Kingoroth- I would go mg, contag, sh and sl. same leggo setup as imonar. WIA is an option here if i need to move alot so id definitely been swapping if see too much movement to maximize mg.

Varithmas- I would go mg, contag, sh and sl. Probably would go helm and soul. This is a straight forward dps fight and the execute damage would be ideal.

Coven of Shivarra- A warlocks dream fight lol. WIA,abs, sh, and de with hood and sacro all the dots!!!

Aggramar- WIA,abs, sh, and de with hood and sacro. coruption and agony on a heavy move fight like this is super important.

Argus- mg, contag, sh and sl. I think here the leggos are really intresting cause prydaz would be awesome as well as soul but hood would also be viable. depends on if you can swing tier 20 two piece at a high enough ilvl.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Well with shard regeneration and other factors there is always some rng but I try to focus on what I did wrong if it was letting a dot fall off in the wrong place or using reap while not seeing the mechanics about to come up. A lot of it is from experience and I look at where I can improve and where I can maximize my damage and the mistakes I made that costed me damage. I think having visual proof is always nice so looking at streams helps. And a lot of things are placement of your character in regards to the fight. And finally I will look over logs of other locks especially what the other locks in the raid were doing and speak to them about it and throughout the fight itself to see what I can improve on.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... %C3%B6cker

As I told Palin, I only got one go through before my guild exploded so I don't have many parses for my lock from this tier but in Tos I was involved with every first kill excluding FA and KJ.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

We for one the hounds first parse was in tier 20 with throw together pieces last minute I was not prepared for that fight that day. The second time around was disappointing as I said before because I let too many dots fall of cause of poor placement.

The others i think are fine for a first time. Eronar is kinda meh but that fight seems that way cause everyone just pops everything on the adds and things die super quickly from the start. And those parses seem to be just pointless trash.

Once things became farm I was one of the first to sit bosses as I was more than happy to let others experience the fight as well as get the gear they wanted. To me once it dies farm parses are just pad central. Its fun to do a lot of damage but I like killing new bosses.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yeah I have two comps. Right now I am working off my laptop that has a 1050i and i7 processor I have no issues really. I love the scorp room when everything blows up.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/2pfbl
i highlighted where the WA's for boss specific fights would be in a red circle.

DBM, ERT, Elvui and Weak Auras. In the screenshot I like to move my WA for specific bosses around depending on what it does but usually to my left side. I still have the healer mentality so I like to know debuffs on players and whatnot. My Boomkin setup is similar just an extra wa for the wrists and whatnot.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Michael. I'm 24. I work at Infosys as a Pega System Architect if you know what that is. I like traveling, I have been to 4/7 of the continents in the world. Love to do extreme sports and things like that. Been diving all over the place like to go white water rafting, and love going out and doing reckless things. Skydiving was awesome.

When I am not traveling I am a gym junkie. I work out 5 days a week minimum and usually try to do cardio the other two days. I get lazy some days though but its something I like to do. In game I am as social as can be. At the beginning I might be a bit quiet but that's cause of just meeting people but when I warm up you'll hear me often. I raided in the same guild for so many years because of the people not the progression so it was sad when that had to end. I am not scared to be brutally honest and will tell you what I think but am always willing to listen. Games should be fun so that's what I plan on doing.

Thanks for looking over my app. I know I have little logs for this tier but I can assure you, you wont be disappointed in me once you see me in raid. If you would like any references let me know.

13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Iamps2m@yahoo.com -email
Kren#1481 - Bnet.
Kren#6876 - Discord.
Palin
The Professor

Re: Hurtlöcker - Affliction Lock

Postby Palin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:09 am

Hey Hurt, thanks so much for taking the time to apply and writing out a detailed application. We know they can be a pain and appreciate it.

Do you possibly have access to the Hunter/Boomkin logs you did ToS and early Antorus on? Thanks!
Hurtlocker

Postby Hurtlocker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 am

yeah of course my
boomkins: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps as i said i only did hounds on it and sat for most of progression.

and my hunters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
Zepp
Nigga What?

Postby Zepp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 am

I like your creepy transmog.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Hurt, at this time we're going to have to unfortuanately pass. You put a lot of work into this app and we appreciate it, but looking over your body of work in Legion between all toons we just don't see the DPS numbers we're looking for to justify adding another to our roster at this time. I'm sure some of that was the reduction in performance that comes with raid leading, hopefully you can find a spot to fine tune your DPS now that you don't have the extra responsibility. Best of luck in your search for a new home and with the rest of Legion. Take care!

Return to “Applications”