Ferallocityy - Rdruid/balance app

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Feral

Ferallocityy - Rdruid/balance app

Postby Feral » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 pm

1. Character name, Server
1. Ferallocityy - Area 52
2. Feralpally - Area 52
3. Feralmonk - Area 52
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
1. Druid, MOOCOW, resto (75 in resto, balance, feral. 73 in bear)
2. Pally, belf, holy (73 holy, 75 ret, 72 prot)
3. Monk, belf, mw (73 mw)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
1. Druid - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rallocityy prydaz/velens is typical resto leggo set up for mythic. Have catweave and bearweave sets for m+.
2. Pally - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... feralpally
3. Monk - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... feralbrews

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I work 10am-6pm est. Vary rarely have to work a night. No projected change would impact raid schedule. Standard playing hours are evenings, typically will find me doing m+ or raiding on an alt.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Legion:
7/7M EN, 10/10M NH, 7/9M ToS, 6/11M Ant. 400 pulls into avatar guild died and I took a break till antorus due to wrist surgery.
Pre-legion:
ToT was the last time I got to raid consistently at a high competitive level. University work study with the athletic department involved working a lot of nights for games and could not hold down a set raid schedule.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Issues with attendance, lack of performance. I want to join because Vitre is a special kind of merry idiot.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
LB on tank, Cenarion ward on tank typically on CD, keep efflo down, rejuv to prehot, WG when damage comes out, Wrath to fill downtime, bark when tanks request it
7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Questionablyepic.com and druid discord, wowanalyzer for logs
7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
Feral ring for catweaving. Stats for Rdruid are generally pretty even right now. Mastery typically pulls ahead in mythic content, and I'm a tad low on vers. Most of the time you pick items by ilvl if your stats are in a reasonable range, i.e don't want to be too low on 1 or all into 1 stat. Leech is the exception and worth a lot. RDSW addon gives constantly updating stat weights in mythic content.
7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Prydaz/velens works for any fight. Helm and Shoulders are equal options as well. CW/displacer/bear or cat/cult/germ/flourish is the standard druid talents. On puppers you can take balance affinity to reach both groups if needed, vari you can take tree and Spring blossoms, coven can be regrowth build or standard talents.
7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Wowanalyzer for rdruid is a good tool, breaks down uptimes on CW, LB, efflo as well as cd usage. Shows many useful things such as mana saved in innervate or casts in innervate / ghanir, shows hots extended by flourish. I also look at mana consumption, casts, and damage taken to find times where I can fit in some wraths and save mana.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Character log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27297486
personal calendar with everything - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/use ... ar/236164/

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Overall, resto logs are pretty decent especially since carrying an rshaman. Only issue from reclear this week was forgetting to change to feral or guardian affinity for high command this week. Was given innervate on high command which helped for the high rank. No wisdom in any log :(.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
I run everything on ultra

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://gyazo.com/a15e885d324ac781e3538603e3bdffd8
I move things around a lot based on what I need, like the dispel on the gear set bar. DBM is where the quests are and then moves to be above the set of 4 WA icons. Will update later to lfr but selling m+ atm.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
Almost 24, male, I work in Parks and Rec for athletics (yes its like the show). I like to run marathons and rock climb in my free time.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
bnet: feral#1707
Discord: ferallocity#4519 (can find me in guild discord)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Ferallocityy - Rdruid/balance app

Postby Palin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 am

Hi Feral, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

Looking at your history looks like you were playing Balance in ToS Mythic, is that correct? Did you have any fights you healed back then? You seemed to have transitioned well to healing in Antorus Mythic, is that your preferred spec (I know we talked about this a bit personally)?

How do you manage your mana on longer fights? I know RDruids live and die by their mana expenditures and pacing themselves. For example on your first Hasabel kill you healed I see you ran dry about halfway through, but did better the next week. What did you change, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Feral

Postby Feral » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Palin,

Yes, that is correct, I do play both specs (mostly balance in tos). Prior to legion majority of my experience was as an rdruid so I'm capable of swapping back and forth as needed. I do want to get back to full time healing, but I also really enjoy both specs and wouldn't have any objections to playing balance if that is needed for a night or specific boss. I healed maiden prog and first maiden rekill in tos. (first kill log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AK ... pe=summary)

Mana management is a good point. On the first kill, while I did get to low mana I managed it to a point where there was not a noticeable hps dropoff. In that situation I try to weave in more wraths to keep my mana stable and contribute more than just standing there doing nothing. The first kill when I lost the majority of my mana, adora the hpal was down. I spent around 40% of my mana in that 1 minute window (about 3:30-4:30 in the fight) to ensure that the raid survived through the loss of a healer which is definitely not ideal mana consumption for a long fight. I do feel this was necessary though as in that window my hots were only overhealing 13%. I haven't gotten a chance to go very in depth with the logs from last night yet but I would say the second kill was better due to healing comp. Gynx and I work much better together on the bottom as we both respect each others CDs. When we communicate that ghanir or Lights wrath is happening for the next collapsing world, the other healer can take it easy and conserve their mana. On the first kill brutal and vhaan both overlapped their CDs a few seconds after I had used mine despite advanced notice in discord. Not properly spacing these out will lead to overall higher mana consumption. They do not plan healing CDs out so the best I can do is call in discord when I am CDing next.

I want to touch a bit more on the wrath aspect as this is important for mana management. Overall, in logs you can see that I weave quite a lot of dps casts in. As a healer I try to contribute as much as I can without sacrificing needed heals in order to preserve mana. For periods of low damage where the hots can do their work and I dont have to prehot for something, I try to get some dps in. It can be viewed as insignificant overall, but i've always felt every little bit of dps helps. It would be inefficient to spam rejuvs that would be majority overhealing. Most pulls I spend the first 10-15 seconds doing dps as well, having pre-hotted the tank and put efflo down before the pull usually can just take it easy and get some wraths in.
Khramps

Postby Khramps » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Do you have a bird? Not trolling it's an actual concern.
Feral

Postby Feral » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 pm

I do not have a bird, but I can be a bird. *casts travel form*

Return to “Applications”