Daydottin- Affliction Warlock

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Daydottin

Daydottin- Affliction Warlock

Postby Daydottin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 am

1. Character name, Server

Daydottin- Sargeras
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Warlock, Human, Affliction, Artifact level currently 75 with destruction at 72

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /daydottin

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Playing hours usually range from about 6pm EST to 11 EST daily. My work schedule is 7:30am-5pm with a 40 min drive home Monday through Friday. My bed time is usually 11:30 or so lol. I am able to make all raid times, my current times are 7-11EST

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

My most recent raiding experience would be cutting edge HFC, EN, and ToV. I took a break in Nighthold and ToS, currently 11/11h in Antorus

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

After i took my break, my guild was already so full of good raiders they couldnt take me back in. Im currently retrialing with them, but i want to move to a different guild. I was interested in Spike Flail because they had similar progression to what my current guild had, and your times are amazing for me.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

Maintain all my dots, dumping when theres a good time for me to drain as much as possible, main CD is soul harvest and to an extent reap souls.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I always am looking at logs to see what other warlocks are doing. Another big thing i use is raidbots to sim a ton of different setups.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?

Main stats im looking for are mastery>haste>crit. If an item doesnt have my prefered stats, it would need to be a huge titanforge and no one else would need to be able to use it for me to really want it. Ive got all my aff leggos that i currently want, still need destro ones, but i dont think destro is going to beat aff.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

I've currently swapped on Felhounds, Eronar, and Coven mainly to go a multi-dot spec. I only do it on extended cleave fights where its a dps gain to have Absolute corruption.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I do look at logs, specific things are what leggos people are using and why, what talents they use ect. Specific things i look at though are when people are dumping UA's, when theyre saving, when most people are pushing mechanics to avoid movement and when theyre popping CDs (are there adds, can i get consumption procs? Can i agony things to have a longer soul harvest?)

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /daydottin
***Here are my logs from before my main swap https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... as/dayshot

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Garothi: My first time was a bad pull, 2nd things i changed were pooling UA's for when i knew i wouldnt have to move, multidotting the weapons for more Soul shards procs and when and where i could soak damage
Argus: Shit log, i didnt multi dot adds before he kills you, i also didnt focus shadow add. I spammed UA before he casted his cone so i boned my drain cycle

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, some fights i drop to lower fps but im generally at 60fps

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/KikGI here is a rough idea, Timers are all to the right of my character, raid WA are above my character

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

25/male im the office manager of a granite and marble company. Married with no kids yet...

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Btag Tyler#1202
Discord Day#9408
Palin
The Professor

Re: Daydottin- Affliction Warlock

Postby Palin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

Hi Day, thanks so much for your interest in us and taking the time to apply.

At the time oru roster is in a great place and to consider adding another DPS we're really looking for a perfect fit. We'd currently prefer people who finished the last tier and not coming off super long breaks, plus with no Mythic logs its hard to judge your abilities. At this time we're going to pass, but feel free to appa gain should you get a bit more recent Mythic experience and feel your situation has changed enough to be reconsidered.

Thanks and best of luck finding a new home for Antorus!

Return to “Applications”