Tresie - Holy Paladin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

trevor1030

Tresie - Holy Paladin

Postby trevor1030 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 pm

1. Character name, Server
Tresie - Illidan

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Paladin Blood Elf Holy (72)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... dan/tresie

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
My usual playing hours i would say are about 40+ hours a week atleast, sometimes more. I can make all raids with stellar attendance and my schedule will not change with the next few months!

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I will fill this section out with the back story of my raid guilds, it also includes experience and what not!

The past 2 years i have been in a few guilds, starting the expansion i was in a guild called Amigos, on Tichondrius. I met a few players who asked me to play holy for them and thats where i did a bit of raiding. Eventually the raid leader who was leading 2 guilds at that time decided to call it quits and the guild has disbanded. At this time i was approached by Drama the GM of Fused on illidan and raided with fused for mythic EN and ToV, Mythic NH (can provide logs aswell). After noticing the struggle of having splits runs and raiding 4 days a week i decided with school going on and work it was to much. I then looking for a 2 day a week guild and landed in Good Talk on Greymane. I raided more Mythic NH there, as well as got cutting edge with them. After some issues during Mythic ToS, the roster was falling apart and we where recruiting but we after trying to recruit so many players to a low population guild eventually the guild disbanded as the GM and raid leader joined Lethal on thunderhorn. At this time i had moved my character to illidan and started raiding with a guild called Core One, at this time i was 7/9 M and they where 8/9 M as of the day i joined them. We did some pulls on Avatar and once again another guild that had failed to mention roster issues. After 2 weeks of being there they told me that they where going to end the guild. So i either have really bad luck or cant choose a proper guild. My break started there and i have been messing around with friends on illidan and helping a buddies guild for fun. Which then brings us to today where i am applying to Spike Flail on Mal'Ganis!

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
My current guild i was last in was disbanded as i had noted in the question above, but the current guild my character is in now is a buddies guild and i was just helping them out.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
My general action priority would be prolonged, judgement as it procs my healing ring, depending on the fight, i will start a basic melee rotation with crusader strike consecration etc. I think that a holy paladin should be willing to be a damage dealer at some points when healing is not needed especially being in melee. CD wise, as a healer they are based off damage or when the healing officer has assigned my CDs to go in that slot. As a holy paladin, you are brought for the amount of burst healing you can put out and how quickly you can do it for example running Aura of Sacrifice. A couple fights in M ToS where it was needed i had noticed was Mythic Mistress and Mythic Goroth. It has huge potential if you do it correctly for burst and crazy healing, alternatively i would run Aura of Mercy for more sustain damage fights like sisters progression and Host, but after gear started coming in i almost exclusively ran Sacrifice. Devotion aura i had use a few times in guild progression with a guild called Fused, to this day was one of the only guilds where i actually was required to use that for certain fights progression through EN and NH.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I tend to look at a few websites that are kept up to date as well as using the discord, i take most of the sites and discord with a grain of salt. Reason for this is sometimes certain information i have found wrong or is it not the best for my personal play. But i always will test their suggestions and try to min/max as much as possible!

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
I tend to stat myself as any other good paladin should, prioritize crit to 45% and at this time am going into mastery and vers. As far as legendary i think i have all the best ones personally, judgement ring, velens, prydaz for some heavy damage progression fights, Light of Dawn cloak and the Holy/Ret wings belt for burst.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Antorus i have not really ran to heavy into heroic as i planned on looking for a guild, i can tell you from doing a few normal fights my legendaries stayed normal as judgement ring and velens, those seem to have always been a solid staple for me on a good amount of fights. As far as heroic and mythic, i could see the judgement ring and prydaz for progression. As a healer i would tend to look at fight videos and see exactly what type of damage is coming out or even check logs and see what other paladins who have cleared the content where wearing. As i was always playing without solid legendaries till recently, i have more options now to swap and make decisions as a few guilds i raided in i ended up using the lay on hands gloves and sephuz... Which was definitely not optimal, but i still made it work.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
New fight performance is something that i tend to look into always trying to improve week by week of a clear, specifically i tend to look at the fight where damage had gone out and i had missed or did not perform as well as i personally could have. Sometimes just to check myself i would use Wowanazlyer.com to check up on myself and making sure i am on my toes. I would tend to browse through logs of guilds that maybe have roughly the same kill time or roughly the same healing core or even tanks for that matter.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Horde - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=hps
Alliance - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ingzone=13

I have listed both logs for both factions as at the beginning of the expansion i indeed raided horde and then went to alliance around NH, so you can find all my logs dating from EN to ToS.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
My best fight during ToS, i would say is Goroth. It is a very easy fight but i will explain, i executed everything properly, we had recruiting a pretty bad resto druid and as you can see from logs he did not perform good so it was almost like 3 healing or dead weight to an extent. My previous guild was not a huge fan of underhealing because the officers and GM happened to be against it personally. As far as most people know healing logs are usually only going to be extremely high or orange if you underheal or if the player themselves had outperformed all the other healers in raid. My mistress kill on my paladin, was probably one log i was not to happy about as i was using prydaz and the ring, solid legendaries. Only issue is with our current roster the burst healing was needed like velens. I personally did not have velens at that time and think it makes a huge difference having it on that fight. Reason i know this is because the first kill i got the kill with the guild was on my priest (holy) and they happened to have both priests gone for a week. I managed to go on my 932 priest at that time and while using the cloak and velens was able to pull some pretty crazy numbers with velens. Besides trying to blame a legendary, a few things managed to go wrong, if you look my Aura of Sac did almost 40 million on goroth whereas in mistress it did about 23 million, this could have been due to not getting a holy shock crit or no crits for that matter during my AM.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
My pc is pretty good, i spent around 2500$ on it about 1 year ago. I currently updated the GPU to a GTX 1080 and it has been running golden ever since.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
This is the only screenshot i have of the most recent in a raid environment at this time. Using a razer naga, so most of the keybinds should explain themselves using the numlock function with the 1-12 side buttons on the side of the mouse, on the right hand side of my action bars i currently have abilities that do not require being on my main action bar such as food flask and other on use trinkets i would swap in or try for certain fights.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
My name is Trevor, i am 23 years old currently live in Southern California. Currently, i am a studio engineer in Studio City, i also am an artist signed to a small dutch label as a producer/dj. Besides this i enjoy wow and hearthstone on my free time and enjoy good craft beers with friends! If my application is accepted i can bring my knowledge for the fights, all mats etc whatever i would need for the encounter as well as being prepared and looking at logs beforehand to find exactly what i need to execute. I can bring a fun vibe, but at the same time be serious when needed and get things done. I hope to hear back from you guys soon!

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Discord Trevor#0237
Btag Trevor#12820
Palin
The Professor

Re: Tresie - Holy Paladin

Postby Palin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi Tresie, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your app.

We'll take a look over the next day or so and ask any questions we may have on your app here.

My only question initially would be the placement of your raid frames as a healer. Most healer UIs have moved their raid frames to the Center to be able to better watch their feet and mechanics as opposed to staring at a corner of their screen. Why do you opt to keep them on the side of the screen and how do you watch your feet when starting at them over there?

Thanks!
Illuminaaru

Postby Illuminaaru » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Tresie,

I'm one of the holy paladins currently in the guild. I just had a quick question about your trinket selection. It looks like you used Barbaric Mindslaver along with Sea Star (for example, your last Maiden kill on Oct 3rd). I'm just curious on the reason why you are using the Mindslaver trinket?

Also, I know you didn't kill FA or KJ, but what leggos & trinkets would you use on these two fights and why?
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

Closing due to lack of response.

Return to “Applications”