Sheffy Monk / Windwalker

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Sheffy

Sheffy Monk / Windwalker

Postby Sheffy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 pm

1. Sheffy - Thrall
2. Monk - Pandaren - Windwalker (75)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... all/sheffy
I have Specter / Moonglaives depending on the situtation
Besides trinkets my gear is pretty not changed really.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I generally play 30-40Hours a week. Still a High school student. With this being said i will be able to have an attendance rate of near 100% with no issues. Your times are really good for my current situation I generally get home around 3:15PM CST with going to bed around 1:00 - 2:00 AM (bad for school i know) I do plan on going to college but i don't think that will be happening anytime soon. (aroound 1yr to 1.5 - 2yrs)

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Currently 11/11 Heroic ATBT. I was 5/9M around July but then my guild fell apart from the hurricanes and i took a break. Came back abit ago and was progressing on Mythic Avatar.
I cleared 10/10M NH with Essence at around 121US (They got 54US for ToS) I tanked back then though. We Also Cleared 3/3M ToV getting CE for that as well
6/7M EN. Wasn't doing so well with this raid. although i was playing Windwalker again and able to get orange parses easily.
Most of my WoD progress isn't worth saying besides 12/13M HFC

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Currently im in a pretty shitty guild. Yes we cleared 11/11 H antorus at 232 US but with their recent raiding experience it shows a low chance in being able to get the rankings im wanting. Just this week 7 or so of my bis pieces dropped from antorus with 2 piece of tier dropping. No im not greedy and yes i understand how loot council works. But when i put in the amount of time on wow as much as 3 of the people in my raid team. I think i deserve gear. Especially when tier (with being sim'ed with my character) being sim'ed at 140k Dps increase. If you don't put in the time to make your character ready for the next content and only need a select few pieces. i believe you dont deserve the gear. It should go to promising players who WILL make it a good decision on your part. With the amount of time i put into the game. And how much i try and better my self. I believe my large amounts of time investments in the game and actively looking to do anything would make a good choice for you to recruit me.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:[/u]

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
TP -> ToD -> SEF+RSK -> EE+FoF -> SotW -> TP -> WDP with RSK coming off CD soon (This is my Opener)
Touch of Death
Tiger Palm ( if <4 Chi and about to cap energy)
Rising Sun Kick
Fists of Fury
Whirling Dragon Punch (If Talented)
Strike of the Windlord
Blackout Kick (to dump excess Chi)
Chi Wave
Tiger Palm
(This is a List of my Priority)

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I Currently use Raidbots (with Simc) Pawn for stat weights allthough i dont trust them as much as i should.
Peak of Serenity - I try not to use this all that much. I see that with the main person running the site, yes he is able to do the math it make everything work together, but i've never seen him be able to play the class at a top level.
i try and ask top windwalkers what they're up to and their thoughts on certain gear or situational stuff.
Wowprogress - Another way i see what top players are doing and generally the first step before i talk to them.
WarcraftLogs - generally don't look at this very much as its personally never helped me. I haven't made the step to learning how to utilize it.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?

While i dont really like Peak of serenity all that much, I do follow his basic BIS Gear list from the current raid. I work off of that and see what i can get/do
Mastery - 33.14
Vers -31.23
Crit -29.88
Agi -29.32
Haste - 21.12
1. I look at the resources i have (Ex: Wowprog Warcraftlogs PoS)
2. i test differant items with Raidbots
3. trying them out ingame in basic situations
Currently Trying for the legendary wrists although i don't mind that i dont have them. Im simming at 1.69 mil dps. They werent that much of a game changer. My current 2 are the best for Singletarget T21 DPS.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Currently i havent seen a reason to change with the raid just coming out. WDP is a great choice for this raid in all situations. I dont have the legendary wrists to push higher ST dps with Serenity.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

While going through each fight i mentally picture how much downtime im having to go through with each fight. Yes this seems like a perfect way to better your dps. With every boss opening being differant you have to work around it and adjust your opener and if you save any cooldowns. With more time on everyboss you should always be trying to fix and better your parse. Even if you have a #1 for your class or even dps in general.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/thrall/sheffy Please give me time to adjust these. They are changing everyday and i did manage to die to dumb things on a few of the bosses.
Ex: Died on felhounds to the fire patches instantly.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Gorathi Boss 1 - Went well until i died to being stuck between the explosive patches that comeout after you need to start stacking
Felhounds Boss 2- Like i explained above. i died to the fire patches pretty much instantly
High Command Boss 3 - Wrong trinkets. Bad mistake. Did alright besides this error.
Eonar Boss 4- Yeah idk what went wrong here. i didn't change anything for some odd reason. Same gear. Bad mistake. fixing later.
Portal Keeper Boss 5 - Was going alright. I stayed on the main platform. I plan on changing a trinket and how i go about using certain CD's next week.
Imonar Boss 6 - Died due to misjudging the trap damage
Kingorath Boss 7 - i died to no heals recieved. The ticking dot got me. Image
Vari Boss 8 - lack of the legendary monk helm. it was a 30k dps increase easily could have done well with it.
Coven Boss 9 - Was trying to learn this fight. Think i can do much better with this next week.
Aggramar Boss 10 - Just didnt do well
Argus Boss 11 - Cluster fuck at the end. Kept dying to focused rage.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes completely. Although the times when shit goes crazy like 30people scorp room. No not at all. 5fps

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://gyazo.com/428d2ed0319d6508e9dcd31704d1a781

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Just a casual 18 year old highschool student. No job currently. i have no needs only wants that will make my current wants go away.
Currently taking pre calculus - Statistics - honors ap physics. Planning on being a computer scientist or programmer No drugs no drinking. No bullshit.
Im an abrasive but respectful person. they go against each other but i've learned to work with it.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

No phone - Discord ( Sheffy#1904) Btag ( Dattsheffy#1751) In-game ( Sheffy-Thrall)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Sheffy Monk / Windwalker

Postby Palin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:36 am

Hi Sheffy, thanks for your interest with us.

After some review at this time we're going to pass. Your progression is just too far below what we're looking for. Not sure what happened to the ToS section of your raid history but armory/logs only show 5/9M. We are looking for at least 8/9M players from the previous raid to consider, especially on a melee slot.

I'd also go back and look at what you said in analysis of all these logs. Half of them your excuse for bad damage is that you died to avoidable damage or mechanics. Another you don't have a BiS legendary (12 months into the expac). Another you blamed your healers but you didn't Healthstone prior to dying. Any single one of those is a bad explanation for dying or doing poorly, let alone all 3 inside one raid.

Some friendly advice - you're a melee (dime a dozen) with limited ToS experience applying to a top 100 US guild. You should work on some of the aspects of your own play and make sure you're really ready to jump into that higher level of progression and the expectations that come with it. Especially if you're going to use the reason for leaving your guild as "I deserve loot because I'm better and try harder than everyone else."

Best of luck in your search for a new home and in Antorus going forth!

Return to “Applications”