Pepperkins - Mistweaver Monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Pepperkins

Pepperkins - Mistweaver Monk

Postby Pepperkins » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:49 am

1. Character name/ Server

Pepperkins on Thrall Server

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Monk, Blood Elf, Mistweaver (74 artifact)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... pepperkins

I am not currently wearing my BiS Lege. They have been updated to Cloak/Trinket. I plan to exchange my lege neck once I have a viable piece and I have the cloak waiting to go 

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Your raid times are perfect. I would have no problems making these times. I play typically in the afternoons/evenings for several hours each weekday. On the weekends I will play a lot in the mornings. I would say, on average, I play about 2-4 hours per week day. I am a college student/single mom so I am not available in the mornings unless it’s a weekend.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I am currently 6/11 Heroic Antorus.
I have seen 9/10M Nighthold (I was playing H.Pally at the time) and 3/9M ToS.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I am not currently in a guild. The guild I raided Antorus with this week was a guild I was trialing in. I decided that I did not like the raid environment. It was very chaotic in discord and unorganized. Nothing against them, that’s how it works for them. I decided it was best I look elsewhere for something that works for me.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

Peak of Serenity Discord is where I get a lot of my information about my class and typically my main source of information to stay in touch with my class. I also like to review my logs. I have been really trying to learn how to review them as there is a lot of info to discover. I like to look at CD usage and defensive usage personally. I also compare myself against other MW near my ilvl.

o 7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
Renewing Mist a tank, pre-pot, Enveloping Mist a tank, and from there it depends on the encounter. I typically use my Velens trinket on CD as well as Mana Tea. Typically for Revival CD there is some sort of healing assignment. If not, I will use it during high damage points in an encounter.
o 7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
For HPS I do try to keep a heavy Crit/Vers itemization as it is what is currently the best way to maximize as a MW in a raid setting.
As a Monk, getting the hell out of the way is pretty easy as I would say we are a very mobile class. I know how squishy I am and I am not going to be able to risk taking a hit from anything.
o 7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
Right now Criticalstrike/Versatility are a MW’s best stats. I prioritize items with this stat combo’s. I also squeeze Haste in there when I can. If a piece drops with bad stats for me (Like tons of mastery or something of the sort) it really depends on what would replace it. If it’s a huge ilvl increase I factor in the amount of intellect as that is technically my #1 stat. I have yet to received Sephuz which is a Lege I would love to get.
o 7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
At the moment I am using the Neck Lege as that was the 2nd BIS Lege for MW. Right now I am working on getting a replacement non-lege neck as I would like to swap to Cloak Lege considering it is now in 2nd place for BIS Lege. Right now I will always use Velen’s and it makes no sense in replacing it. If I would switch it would be to juggle around with Sephuz. Hopefully I can get that Lege soon.
o 7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I like to look at my mana-management and also what I took the most damage from. The biggest thing in raiding is not standing in the shit. So I try to see if I stood in anything or died to any mechanics and then make sure the next encounter is different. I also will look at other people’s damage taken because as a healer I like to really know my raiders and see who tends to needs to be watched over a tad bit more than someone else.

7. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mt ... pe=healing

8. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I would say it appears I was lacking on Portal boss, but if you review the logs I was assigned to being Portal healer. I spoke with the raid teams Healing lead about this as I felt I was wasted up there considering the viability of a MW in a raid healing type setting. You can see the clear different in HPS spikes on the logs.
I would say my best fights were High Command and Felhounds. I see several times where I was able to sustain 1 million+ HPS during the encounter and avoid a lot of the hectic mechanics of these two fights.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Definitely no issues with my PC/Internet capability.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/dj6QLIe

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

30 year old single mother of 2, currently finishing a degree in computer information systems/business, hobbies are spending time with kids and playing video games. I also love to PVP in WOW and I main Winston in Overwatch 

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Bnet: SwampQueen#11691
Jules
Phil Kessel is my bae

Re: Pepperkins - Mistweaver Monk

Postby Jules » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi Pepperkins!

Thanks for the app- a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

1) Once you get crack bird cloak, do you plan on running cloak/Velens on every fight during progression?
2) It looks like you haven't run normal yet (at least on your monk), how are you preparing for mythic progression right now?
3) Since you're not running 4 pc, and using Chalice- did you have other gear to choose from (I know your monk wasn't your main) or were those your choices going in to the new tier? (not fishing for a particular answer, just curious what your gearing process is for Antorus :) )
4) Can you go in to a little detail as to how you maximize your HPS during Velens and mana tea periods?
5) Which fights would you use SotC and which would you use Mist Wrap? How about RJW vs Chi-Ji?
6) Do you use WeakAuras or a similar addon to track anything? If so, can you post another screenshot while you're in combat (just go hit a dummy for a second)?

Pepperkins

Postby Pepperkins » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi there :)

1) Once you get crack bird cloak, do you plan on running cloak/Velens on every fight during progression?
I have the cloak already :D I am trying to replace my neck piece so I can swap it out. I do plan to use Velens probably all the time. I do want to play around with some other Leges like shoes because I tend to rely on Vivify a lot. I would probably swap in the Lege neck for some fights too for the extra absorb if there is a lot of raid dmg going out. But Since I have yet to really ever use crack bird cloak I want to run it a lot in order to get an idea on the proc chance.

2) It looks like you haven't run normal yet (at least on your monk), how are you preparing for mythic progression right now?
I Have no run normal yet, I have only seen the Argus normal and then stepped into Heroic. I am preparing for mythic by learning what I can in Heroic. Also, reading what I can about the new raid and watching videos.

3) Since you're not running 4 pc, and using Chalice- did you have other gear to choose from (I know your monk wasn't your main) or were those your choices going in to the new tier? (not fishing for a particular answer, just curious what your gearing process is for Antorus :) )
Ah yes, I definitely missed out on my 4pc for ToS. I had a very unfortunate death in RL during ToS and took time away to be with family. Now that I am back I got what I could in ToS before Antorus came out. I know as a MW we do not have to run 2pc ToS Tier as there are some perfectly itemized pieces in ABT that will allow us to nicely work with 4pc ABT Tier.

4) Can you go in to a little detail as to how you maximize your HPS during Velens and mana tea periods?
I would say my go-to spells to use during the short Velen's buff are Chi-Burst and Essence as those are nice bursty heals that give you a lot of bang for your buck with Velen's up. I also typically try to line up Mana Tea with vivify/Essence spam. But I do use it on cd. I could probably look into being a little more strategic with it though, admittedly.

5) Which fights would you use SotC and which would you use Mist Wrap? How about RJW vs Chi-Ji?
I can typically squeeze SotC in farm fights with downtime between healing, but its not a particular style I enjoy to be honest. I love Mist Wrap as the fights in ABT are dependent on being on the move. A lot of movement in the fights so i enjoy Mist wrap for that reason. Also, the enveloping mists increase is nice since Tanks seem to get pretty beat up in ABT.

6) Do you use WeakAuras or a similar addon to track anything? If so, can you post another screenshot while you're in combat (just go hit a dummy for a second)?
You know, I have the Weakauras addon but it is something I am learning. But I am not very familiar with it at this time. Here is my SS of me hitting a dummy :)

https://i.imgur.com/NGks8pg.jpg
Jules
Phil Kessel is my bae

Postby Jules » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 pm

https://wago.io/ is a great place to start for Weakauras. Honestly, WAs are great for more efficiently tracking things like your mana tea buff ending, so that you can clip an essence font in at the very last second, or seeing exactly how many people your RJW/EF will hit to know if it's your most efficient cast, etc. Below are some that I found super helpful when I was maining MW (if you're interested!)

https://wago.io/N173IReX7 is a good all-around set for CDs etc. I used something very similar for a while
https://wago.io/ryquTrmLb is an amazing tool for making sure that you're using your mana as efficiently as possible

Pepperkins

Postby Pepperkins » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Jules wrote:https://wago.io/ is a great place to start for Weakauras. Honestly, WAs are great for more efficiently tracking things like your mana tea buff ending, so that you can clip an essence font in at the very last second, or seeing exactly how many people your RJW/EF will hit to know if it's your most efficient cast, etc. Below are some that I found super helpful when I was maining MW (if you're interested!)

https://wago.io/N173IReX7 is a good all-around set for CDs etc. I used something very similar for a while
https://wago.io/ryquTrmLb is an amazing tool for making sure that you're using your mana as efficiently as possible

Thank you very much for this resource.. It is very appreciated :)
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Pepper! Thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

Unfortunately after some review we're going to have to unfortunately pass on your application. Your experience is just a bit too far behidn what we're looking for in adding to our roster. We're in good shape going into Antorus so we're being a bit pickier and trying to only really consider people with more Mythic experience in ToS so the jump isn't quite as high.

Thanks again for looking at us. Hope you find a great home for Antorus, take care!

Return to “Applications”