Breaz - Windwalker Monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

breaz

Breaz - Windwalker Monk

Postby breaz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 am

1. Breaz - Bleeding Hollow

2. BE Monk. 71(it will be 75 in just over a week)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... llow/breaz

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I work 8-5ish EST. I am normally home much earlier than that and play most of the evening. I can make your raid times.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
7/10M in current tier. The guild I was running with decided not to progress after we downed Maiden. They didnt think they would have enough time to kill Avatar before the next tier and that was 6 weeks ago. It is because of that mentality that I am leaving them behind.
I have raided end game progression in every expansion since vanilla.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I indicated above why I am leaving my current guild. Your raid times fit my schedule. I want to join a group with a similar skill/knowledge. Mainly, I want to kill bosses.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
- Well WW monk is changing right now. After the nerfs to the t19/t20 combo the rotation and gearing changed completely.
Opener currently would be something like EE-ToD-SEF-FoF-SotWL-RSK-BoK-TP
Neutral game would be casting FoF, RSK, SotWL on CD. Use SEF charges on CD or save for damage phase. Making sure not to overcap chi or energy. ToD on CD or line up with burst depending on fight length and number of casts.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
- WW spreadsheet, Peak of Serenity website and discord have all things Monk. I use raidbots to min/max. I stay very up to date on the state of WW.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
-My stats are Vers, Crit, Mastery. I use sims to see if an item is an upgrade. I have every lego I would need for WW.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
- There really isnt lego or talent swapping for WW. With the new tier we will be switching a little bit depending on number of targets but all that remains to be seen. Currently you pretty much lock in one build. You can use Cinidaria instead of boots if you prefer that playstyle.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
- A good ww parse would consist of very high uptime on HC. Having the resources to use RSK, SotWL, and FoF as soon as it comes off CD. Syncing up trinkets/racials with burst. Not overcapping chi by dumbing with BoK but not losing HC. If I thought I could do better on a fight I would look at a log of a good parse and break it down ability by ability(which I do regularly).

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... llow/breaz

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
- The higher ranking parses will have more of what I mentioned above. Obviously, on more AoE centered fights you would look at a bit of different metrics.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Yes maxed settings in 4k.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?alb ... 0251792039
- My boss timers are the the left above my nameplate.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
- I am 29. I work as a hospice case manager. I am married. My wife and I play video games together. She plays WoW and Destiny 2.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these
- Breeze#12543 and Breeze on discord
Palin
The Professor

Re: Breaz - Windwalker Monk

Postby Palin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

HI Breaz, thanks for your patience as we review. At this time we're going to pass. For someone trying to make a jump from US 400ish to US 100ish, especially as a melee, we need to see a little more effort put into this app. Our stickies showcase what a great app would look like for our standards. Ultimately to crack our roster given the gap of progression you really need to knock our socks off and unfortunately we didn't see that here.

Best of luck finding a new home for Antorus! Take care.

Return to “Applications”