Barukanraven - Enhance Shaman

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

baruka

Barukanraven - Enhance Shaman

Postby baruka » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:33 pm

1. Character name, Server
Barukanraven, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Troll Enhance Shaman (73, will be 75 by antorus)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rukanraven

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Usual raiding times are 8-12 Eastern time, plus or minus an hour.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Early EN - Exitium (guild went casual)
CE EN - Evolusao (guild imploded)
CE ToV + NH - Glory Boyz (guild folded due to burnout)
1 week with Overwatch (guild folded due to burnout)
CE ToS (US 91) - Monster (culture clash)

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
There was a culture clash (all i'm gonna say, i have nothing negative to say about the guild). I am a merry idiot myself and hopefully yall merry idiots can tolerate me.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?
Opener: (pot) RB - FoA - FT - FS - CL - ES (DW + berserking) into SS. RB for LS and maelstrom, FoA to activate it, FT for my buff, Feral spirits then chain lightning to proc doom wolves. I sync up Doom winds and berserking with Earthen Spike to maximize effectiveness. Then priority.
Priority: Regular: RB for LS > FoA if it drops > FS (followed by CL) > ES (26 maelstrom) > DW during or beginning ES > FT > SB SS (26 maelstrom) > T20 CL buff (26 maelstrom) > SS (46 maelstrom) > RB for maelstrom > LL (80 maelstrom). I hold onto Doom Winds for Earthen spike to maximize my ES casts. When you have earthen spike you really need to maximize your earthen spikes so you use pandemic timings on your LS and FT.
Windstrike priority: ES > SB WS > WS > LS > FS > FT > LL (80 maelstrom). Since windstrikes are armor piercing physical damage, your SS and melee damage gets bumped up by a shit ton. So that alongside the 2 GCD of WS results in ES being higher priority than everything, and WS being higher priority than buffs.
AoE: CL cleave buff alongside LS and FT in priority. CL ahead of LL on cleave. Ahead of SS on 10+ AoE. Simple shit. CL cleave buff is really good.
The main thing about enhance is maintaining buffs while smartly using maelstrom to proc stormbringer and ascendance. Once you get a feel for it you know when to rockbiter or when to lava lash, when to crash lightning or when to stormstrike, etc.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Earthshrine Discord. Simcraft. Fatboss vids for mechanics and shit.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
Pawn stats are shit so I do sims and reforge stats. Haste > Mast > Vers > Crit > Agi. 5-10 ilvl i defer to stats, 15+ i equip if it doesn't interfere with tier. I have every enhance leggo.

7d. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Legendaries to something different than the norm? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Enhance leggos and talents are pretty static right now with Hands + Ring. Hands are by far the best leggo for every situation, and the EoTN is good in every situation, and good enough in AoE to not have to switch to chest unless it's pure sustained AoE, which in antorus looks rare to nonexistent.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look at what I did right and wrong and focus on righting my wrongs next fight. I more or less focus on the fight mechanics rather than my spec performance as I am pretty near the top of my mastery in this spec. I also look at timings and whether or not holding cooldowns will improve on killing the boss (holding CD's for P2 erupting adds on KJ for example). Kills are more important than parses. We can all parse during farm.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9A ... amage-done

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I did both MV and FA that week. Everything pretty much went right mechanically on that fight for maiden. Ascendance uptime was average. I did mechanics well. Nothing notable. Fallen avatar later on: I was more focused on mechanics instead of parsing since reclears were really rough because of new members. I was backup soak on the purple shit and I was wandering for P2 soaks. At the final moments I sacrificed myself to get a good 6 seconds of burst on the boss which ended up dying with 1 dude left, as I knew i was gonna die after rupturing realities.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/FMCxh4J

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
M/23/FL. I am a merry idiot.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
whodie850#1312
nikolai
HALLO!

Re: Barukanraven - Enhance Shaman

Postby nikolai » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi Barukanraven, apologies for the late response. Thanks for your consideration and interest in us.

Unfortunately at this time our melee roster is pretty packed and we cannot see ourselves adding a another Enhance shaman. Your logs are good but at the time we simply have no room. If something changes in the near future we'll be sure to reach out and see if you're still looking.

Best of luck finding a guild that meets your needs. Take care.

Return to “Applications”