Before you fill out an application, please be sure to read our Expectations and Requirements here first.
A sample application can be viewed here. You don't have to go into as much detail/work as this application did, but it shows what we love to see!
How to apply:
We have a pretty general application process, but we want to get as much information about you as possible too. In general, please follow these guidelines.
- Start a new topic for your own application, the topic should be your character name and class.
- If you wish to apply privately, please send your application in this format through the PM function to any Spike Flail Officer (Palin, Nikolai).
- Please make sure to include:
Make sure your text is readable. Don't use crazy colors. Hyperlinks do not work if you put them in a different color. If you want to make your answers stand out, just Bold/Italicize/Underline them.
- What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
- What's your ability priority/spell or rotation? How and when do you use your cooldowns?
- How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.? Are there any legos you don't have that you're shooting for?
- Why do you choose the talents you do and when do you swap them out?
- How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? If you use logs, what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
1. Character name, Server
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
7. Give us some info on how you gather your class resources here:
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
- Put some effort into your application, the more thought and effort put into writing it, the better our first impression will be. PLEASE READ THE SAMPLE APPLICATIONS LISTED here FOR AN IDEA OF WHAT WILL IMPRESS US.
- If you have any questions or if anything above otherwise needs clarification, send an officer a PM or a tell in game. Once we have reviewed your application, we will be in touch.
- Please keep negative comments about other applicants off of their applications.
- BE PATIENT.
Our application process may take up to a few days to review. We try to get feedback from the majority of our guild before making a decision, so it takes a bit of time. Don't panic if you don't get a reply on your app for a day or so, or feel we're not considering you anymore. Be patient and continue to update us on any changes to your application or gear.
Thanks in advance!