An Example of how NOT to Apply:

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Vanderdander

An Example of how NOT to Apply:

Post by Vanderdander » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:03 am

Vanderdander
Hunter orc Bm
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... nderdander
Im east coast so after 4 to like 12 i can play
Um some bt and mh did all the bosses in new 10man and 25man naxx and maly sarth with no drakes up
looking for a raiding guild that i can join on east coast that is good server i come form hard to find a good guild to stay in
maxed out mining and engineer with mechanohog
18 male highschool basicl jsut pla this game in free time
email andrewbruseo@gmail.com
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:13 am

No.
Vanderdander

Post by Vanderdander » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 pm

may i ask why
Tier

Post by Tier » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Hello my name is Tier and I will be destroying you today.

Honestly I have to start off asking how in the holy hell did you find us. Seriously you can barely speak English you type worse than a dyslexic grandma with 3 fingers and those 3 fingers have carpel tunnel while shes drinking a gallon of Thunderbird wine. This brings me on to my next point once you found your way here you clearly read the "read before you app thread" so why is this app so terrible, the format was already presented to you all you had to do was answer the questions. If you were serious about applying to a raiding guild why present your self so terribly it would be like going to best buy to apply for a job and leaving a note saying

"jack richards
i want job for money
today
i washd dogs for meh uncel but it was his dog
i like to by gamez from u guys so i should work here
i got a b in skool
computers are ez for me to use
phonenumber".

That shit is the real world equivalent of your app. So to recap you wanted to elevate your game playing experience. Then you found our website and read the sample app. Once that was complete you said FUCK THAT SHIT IMMA DO WHAT I WANT. Now were here with your app on the site making us look bad. The funny thing is we actually look at all apps. Now in your case I was forced to look at your armory to get even the slightest idea what you knew of your class. The answer I found was less than nothing, you know less than nothing about the class. I really wish i was in your head when you were contemplating what gems and enchants to put on those shiny purpz. I can only imagine it was like being at the store to pick out what you want for dinner. Only difference is you showed up at the store on a mixture of acid and heroin so when you got to the register all you had was 2 bottles of club soda and 10 lbs of raw horseradish. You are the crowned princess of the terrible triathlon (enchants, spec and gems). Does your meta even work I mean you threw 1 green in there so clearly you had some fucked up idea in your head about SOMETHING, not that I can tell even slightly what that was. Maybe you were reading the meta requirements but mid way through your fetal alcohol syndrome kicked in and suddenly you found your self being attacked by giant skittles that wanted to steal your horseradish. Flexweave underlay WHY JUST FUCKING WHY. If you think it'll make you fly or that flying is cool I would suggest jumping off a cliff BUT DON'T FORGET YOUR CLUB SODA. YOU HAVE 500 FUCKING HASTE. Imp AotM REALLY FUCKING REALLY were you hoping to dodge more dps or did you think you could dodge my rage, sorry but you need cat like reflexes to get enough dodge.

I hate you

P.S. If you're from another country skip to "Now were here".

P.P.S. MECHANOHOGS ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS WITH RAID EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CLASS.
Last edited by Tier on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tier

Post by Tier » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Because im feeling nice if you want actual help so you're not so terrible PM me.
Neyzie

Post by Neyzie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:03 pm

don't think I laughed so hard in a while
tommystep

Post by tommystep » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Neyzie wrote:don't think I laughed so hard in a while

look in the mirror
Bonechan

Post by Bonechan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:28 am

tommystep wrote:
Neyzie wrote:don't think I laughed so hard in a while

look in the mirror
at 1st i laughed at that statement, then i looked in the mirror and laughed harder >,<
Astana

Post by Astana » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

10/10

posting in a legendary thread.

"Astana, just chill on the tip of my sword." -Advo
Palin
The Professor

Re: An Example of how NOT to Apply:

Post by Palin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm

New example 9 years later:
Otoodles wrote:. Character name, Server - Otoodles, Kil' Jaden
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Taruen, Resto, ilvl960ish
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... n/otoodles
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
All over mostly early evening to around 10 or 11 PST so I am free every day from 2:30PST to around 11 or 12 PST
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
So I haven't done a ton of cutting edge stuff I never had the time in the past I have been playing wow for a long time and I would say I am a pretty good player
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
The guild raid times are conflicting with my schedule and I really don't like the leadership I am on a trail with them so there is no hard feelings
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... n/otoodles

◦7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability? Druid discord and other great players

◦7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? yes definitely

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent. 26, male, salesman

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums. Grayson#11889

Skipping half the questions is a good way to get insta-denied.