2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

Jules
Phil Kessel is my bae

Re: 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:12 am

Zagam wrote:Jules, don't go down town. I saw cops in riot gear. They are ready. I've heard four sirens on the North Shore already.
I didn't leave my island last night, I learned after the last Cup. Luckily it seems like people behaved mostly, East Carson was surprisingly clean when I drove through his morning.
Malarowski wrote:Fucking Conn Smythe to Crosby though?
That was so phoned in and forced. I would have preferred to see it go to Kessel but that's biased since I think the media owes him. Also my blind and irrational love for him.

I'm much less insufferable when it comes to baseball/football, so you get a few months off from me and my running mouth ;) Thanks for a great season all!!!!

Rush
Do you have a moment to talk about Crit?

Post by Rush » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Next season is my year! Right?!?
Zagam

Post by Zagam » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Malarowski wrote:Fucking Conn Smythe to Crosby though? C'mon. Murray or even Couture deserved that a lot more. Oh well. I guess the Penguins need to fire their coaches every season now.
How this didn't go to Murray is BAFFLING. Dude was undefeated after a loss showing mental integrity and his abilities speak for themselves. The only thing that casted any doubt on him was how INSANE the Pens defense played. I think the Sharks had 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period trying to fight off elimination? Murray was big, but our defense was bigger than him in some situations. Both had to be ridiculously good to win it all, but I think that's the only knock on why it'd go to Crosby. Usually team leaders get bonus points for that shit like QB's in football.
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:18 pm

I mean Murray wasn't amazing in the Finals, but he got the Pens TO the finals. Without him they may even have died to the Rangers with Zatkoff or a rushed Fleury. He did show poise as a rookie with more playoff games than regular season games at this point though. Defaulting to Crosby, who was good, but not amazing, is just lazy in my opinion.
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:54 pm