Kaelthas Sunstrider

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

Zepp
Nigga What?

Kaelthas Sunstrider

Post by Zepp » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 am

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... T6B5qrzHwF

Live it, breathe it, learn it, hell fuck it for all I care, just understand your role for every phase and makes it easier on the real deal.
spiferlol

Post by spiferlol » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:07 am

think phase 3 will be tough to learn
Swole

Post by Swole » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:33 am

This fight is beast enough, we need everyone to be well read on the encounter by Sunday. You don't have to memorize the strat, because we will probably alter some things (as we're known to do), but the abilities and tasks for each class should be your focus. The more prep work we all put in will result in a faster kill.

Certainly we will talk before pulls, but a complete fight breakdown everytime someone knew enters the raid will result in Zennie's enrage timer going off (another enrage timer for us :P) and Hardkor's head exploding which will get messy and probably pull Kael.

Please read, come prepared, and bring your own ideas.
What time is it? Broomtime
Retired Professional Getaway Whip
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 pm

A good way to go about this is to focus on each phase one at a time. For example, Sunday we should start the night just worried about making it through Phase 2. If we get near the end, then we can start explaining Phase 3, but take baby steps and deal with the problems of each phase at a time. No need to deluge ourselves with information that we won't use right away.

Over the weekend I'm gonna give a few reads to the Kael thread on EJ, I recommend everyone else glance over it as well. A lot of it has good information about AoEing the Weapons in Phase 2, which is what we'll be dealing with, a long with little tricks such as focus DPS on certain items and how to make sure people get their weapons early. If you get a chance, read some of it as well.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Gonna move this thread to the Trial forum so everyone can see it.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Rozier wrote:i found another tactical guide like the one i found for Vashj great info for out next fight Please everyone check it out.

http://stage6.divx.com/Warcraft-Tactica ... ical-guide
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Moved your post here Rozi.

Lets try to keep all the Kael info in one thread.
Krispy

Post by Krispy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:43 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the most epic/diffcult boss fight I will ever encounter in any video game...ever.
Wii Friend Code: 5535 0772 7547 5819
Smash Bros. Brawl Code: 3995-6180-8214
Actovision

Post by Actovision » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:15 pm

Phase 2 looks like:

Hunter tanks bow facing away from the raid, ranged kill bow, all hunters loot bow. Melee dps meanwhile kill mace and dps down shield. After bow is dead AoE goes out on the other weapons. Axe should be close enough to be hit by aoe but far enough so that only its tank is hit by whirlwind. Loot items as killed (except mace; loot when healing isn't intense and the axe which probably no one will be using). If we have Krispy in the raid it might be a good idea to bloodlust the melee at the start of this phase to increase single target dps on shield and mace. Looks like any other bloodlusts should be saved for phase 4.

Bow: Tanked facing away from raid by hunter, killed by ranged dps. Supposedly teleports but I didn't see that in the Tactics movie.

Mace: Killed by melee from the start. Holy Novas for 1500 according to bosskillers.

Shield: DPS'd by any single target dps available after mace dies.

Axe: Tanked away from melee and aoe'ers, but in range of aoe. Whirlwinds.

Staff: Will probably die first during aoe. Frostbolts can be interrupted so it may be a good idea to put a rogue or Krispy on it.

Sword/Daggers: Die in the course of aoe hopefully.

Just a summary of what I saw on the videos and strats I read and watched. Also dropped Krispy's name for legitimacy.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Rozier wrote:Found a great Tactical Guide video from the same person that i found do that Vashj video goes through all 5 phases of Kael in good detail even says stuff about the trash so everyone have a good look at this video it will help with visualizing what other sites are telling you. so now for the link

It is a long video but it is a long fight so be prepared!!!!
http://stage6.divx.com/Warcraft-Tactica ... ical-guide

Oh in the video it says its for 2.1.3 so i dont know if thing have changed to much if at all.

and if you havent done it this site is good for all sorts of videos about bosses i would book mark it IMO. Hope u have a good time watching it.
Actovision

Post by Actovision » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

From what I read and saw I thought Capernius would be the most difficult of the adds, but she seems easily handled. Looks like the only problem mob would be the Darkener as he could switch aggro to someone too close and one shot them.

Also, the Tactics video showed that warlock getting blown around by something hitting for 5k+. It looked like it was coming from the Darkener but it was occurring at long range so we should beware of that (looked like phase 3 only though).

I guess Sanguinar starts fearing more often during this phase since the guide and tactics video say the tank must use shield and berserker rage alternately to break fears.

Telonicus looks easy peasy in both phases 1 and 2 as long as melee can stay in range to attack and out of range of bombs.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Prob Capern's Conflag, there's a positioning effect that our Lock tank will have to practice to get out of range of Conflag but still be in range of Searing Pain. I'll post more when I find the post.

From the research I've done, I think the P2 strat we'll go with is:

Bow - Hunter
Staff - Krispy
Dagger/Sword- Telonicus Feral Druid Tank (Hybrid DPS/Tank Gear)
Shield - Sanguinar Prot War Tank
Axe - Feral Druid (DPS gear)
Mace - Prot War Tank, Rogue support interrupts.

We start with ranged focus firing the Bow. During this time, 1 Malediction Warlock is putting CoS on all the Weapons, and a second Warlock will lay his DoTs on the Bow, then move to Curse of Tounge the Mace and Staff and Curse of Doom the Axe and Shield, then returning to the Bow. Rogues are split, one is assisting the Prot War tank interrupting the Mace, the others are on the Staff helping with interrupts as well.

When the Bow Dies, ranged DPS switches to the Staff and finishes it. A Shadow Priest will switch off at this time and lay Misery on all the Weapons. Once the Staff dies, Then the AoE begins, enough hate should have been established by now. Bloodlust and Trinkets goes off in the Warlock Group and the Seed/Arcane Explosion spam begins. During this time, Hunters and Melees are focusing down the Mace, then switching to the Dagger, and Finally the Sword. Shadow Priests lay DoTs on both the Axe and the Shield, and single target the Shield.

Before the Mace dies, the tank will move it out of the group so the healers can easily grab it. AoErs should not worry about grabbing the Staff as it is not enough of a DPS upgrade over an enchanted/oiled 2 weapon combo to lose precious seconds of AoE DPS.

Two healers will be assigned to the Dagger/Sword tank, preferably a Priest for inspiration/quick heals and a Pally. All other weapons can be single healed, with 1 healer(resto druid will work well) watching Krispy and the Prot War tanking the Mace.

About 15 seconds before the end of P2, the Capernian Warlock and his healer must get their weapons and get in position. The second Prot tank will grab the Infinity Slicer and follow Thaladred around during the kite to apply the magic damage debuff, as well as tank it if he gets gazed to allow 10s of full DPS.

Will go more in depth with Phase 3 later, but tommorow our goal is to master Phase 1 and 2. We have to master Thaladred kiting, Capernian tanking, killing in the right spots, as well as Phase 2 AoE and killing fast enough. If we get to Phase 3 cool, we'll have a plan, but lets deal with one hurdle at a time.
Actovision

Post by Actovision » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:32 am

Ushas wrote: We have to master Thaladred kiting
At least he doesn't seem to have twice normal run speed like the bane of my existence, BBW.
Notmish

Post by Notmish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 am

I thought we got a really good handle last night on phase one and two, our next step seems to be mastering the transition to phase 3.

I know myself and Formose have already discussed some things that can make life easier for ourselves regarding positioning and making the Copernian transition easier, beyond that the toughest thing seems to be not getting one shot when you are gazed, and DPSing the advisors down fast so as many as possible are gone when Kael comes out to play.
Swole

Post by Swole » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:55 pm

Good encounter to have a couple FAPs in your bag. This goes for everyone. Frozen by remote toy + Gaze = Potential Death.
Notmish

Post by Notmish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:09 pm

Swole wrote:Good encounter to have a couple FAPs in your bag. This goes for everyone. Frozen by remote toy + Gaze = Potential Death.
You know, I was watching the video today and they made a point for each caster to equip the staff because the "on use" it has makes you immune to the remote toy effect. Based on that we would want at least one person from each group to have it.
Luthi

Post by Luthi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:02 am

Mishael wrote:
Swole wrote:Good encounter to have a couple FAPs in your bag. This goes for everyone. Frozen by remote toy + Gaze = Potential Death.
You know, I was watching the video today and they made a point for each caster to equip the staff because the "on use" it has makes you immune to the remote toy effect. Based on that we would want at least one person from each group to have it.
Yeah, on at least 3 attempts I got the remote toy debuff while tanking capernian, and it was completely ineffectual.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:30 am

We've effectively got the fight, we woulda had it on P5 but there was a little confusion with the Nether Vapors.

Thing we need to work on most is random survivals, our DPS is fine in all stages as long as people are alive. Random deaths is what loses things for us.

One tip for transitioning Gravity Lapses is to have the MT wait a few seconds for the last Nether Vapors to disappear, and using an Earth Shock or Counterspell to nab his first Fireball.

Will post a few more tips for P5 as we research them. He dies this week, great job so far gang!
Last edited by Palin on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:33 am

Great push these last two days guys, its amazing what we accomplished in just two days to be honest if we didn't have repops I'm 100% sure that we'd Have ourselves a dead blood elf.

This week we gotta work hard again and bring our A games to bask in the fruits that is Hyjal and BT. I know we can repeat what we did and as swole said it was no fluke that we could execute a perfect phase 3 > 4 twice in a row.
Swole

Post by Swole » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:45 am

From the old timers to the new trials, you guys have continued to amaze me. If all of you could see how many times in officer chat we've said that we couldn't believe how well the raid is performing.

When we kill Kael this week, we will have killed him in fewer attempts than any horde guild on this server.

Someone better put all the other guilds working on BT/MH on notice, because Spike Flail's coming (and with the exception of Krispy, we're not there just to take pictures).

Keep up the good work, I'm proud to call all of you my guildies.