2015 Hockey Talk

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

Naosu

Re: 2015 Stanley Cup Playoff Talk

Post by Naosu » Thu May 14, 2015 4:33 pm

That's a fair attitude, I'll be rooting for the Rangers if they win. More so because I dislike the remaining west teams.
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Thu May 14, 2015 4:35 pm

martyr wrote:Meh, I love my team and I'll cheer them on any day. But I don't shit talk other fans or players. Even if the Caps had won, Lundqvist is still an amazing goalie and the Rangers are still a really good team.

I want to see my team be successful. But I don't want to see other people/teams be unsuccessful and/or get injured.

Now I'm just waiting for NHL 16 so I can go back to playing in my league again. Stupid NHL 15 not having EASHL.
Hey, right back at you with that (other than some shit talking when we win). Your guys gave me a near heart-attack and Holtby was so good, I said after game 4 that I wouldn't even be mad if we lost. Caps outplayed us through parts, we outplayed the Caps through parts, fluke goals happened, great goals happened and in the end this was really an amazing playoff series. Apart from a few teams and individuals, I also would not ever wish harm on anybody and will always accept defeat by a better team, I am not a Penguins fan after all searching for excuses all over. As said, the reaction was mostly due to other Caps fans taunting and the Rangers responding. Ovi being Ovi isn't anything to even be mad about, I wish all players had a passion like him and as much fun. Still feels good to win though. None of the jokes were directed at you, it's more a laughing together with the other Rangers folks than against the Caps. Hope next year we dodge the Caps, because that's gonna be a giant bitch to play against.

Kal, there is only that much shit talking etc when there is a rivalry and lots of respect. Rangers played Caps in the last 4 of 5 years (right?) in the playoffs now, so a good measure of friction gets built up, none is malicious though outside of some meat heads. That's I think what a lot of other sports don't have because of either a lack of proper series (champion's league is getting there, although 2 games a round are still a joke) or just a revolving door of participants. Rivalries get really intense and fun and afterward there will be some showboating. Doesn't mean I don't think that was a great series and they did a great job almost beating us, I'd have a beer with any Caps fan and celebrate how close it was.

Exceptions are the Penguins, Bruins, and James Neal though. Somebody please 2-hand James Neal in his fucking face.
Meaning
Below average destro lock

Post by Meaning » Sat May 16, 2015 3:36 pm

LOOK AT THAT, ANOTHER 2-1 GAME. IM SHOCKED
Chase Utley is a bitch
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sat May 16, 2015 3:57 pm

This series is going to be so entertaining. Finally some open ice where the Rangers speed and east-west style can shine.

Wasn't worried about this at all (Except when they took a bunch of penalties near the end). Rangers had me believing from the start.
Meaning

Post by Meaning » Sat May 16, 2015 11:32 pm

You're reading the 2-1™ Postgame Reaction Thread.
2-1™, the official score of the 2015 New York Rangers.
Chase Utley is a bitch
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 am

Meaning wrote:You're reading the 2-1™ Postgame Reaction Thread.
2-1™, the official score of the 2015 New York Rangers.
Papa John's is behind that by the way. This way they don't have to give the fucking discount. Strong performance though, if that keeps up, we may finish much sooner than anticipated.
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 am

Almost looks like not being in the Playoffs is more fun:

Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon May 18, 2015 10:23 am

Haha I love tsegs so fucking much
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

The better guy is Giroux naked in the back. He also did this to Voracek during their game:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CFI4njTUsAA4486.mp4

On another note, did you guys see this:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/600291055129468929

Hextall hiring Hekstol (pronunciation selection, clearly).
Rush
Do you have a moment to talk about Crit?

Post by Rush » Mon May 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Thats kinda funny, but seriously i've never heard of that guy
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 pm

What a sloppy cluster fuck. Awful hockey on both ends, Tampa some nice plays while the Rangers couldn't make Bishop pay on those terrible mistakes. I'll take 2-1s over this shit every day, what is this, pre-season?
Meaning

Post by Meaning » Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 pm

That was dreadful. Can't take penalties and play sloppy against them. They had what, 5 PP goals? Defense looked like shit.

Then again, after it was 3-1 we started playing a lot better and even at 3-2 we were all over them. Had a chance to tie it up but we of course miss wide open shots. I mean Bishop is fucking no where in the net and we mess it up. Tighten up and get ready for game 3.
Chase Utley is a bitch
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 pm

It was just really shitty, poorly executed hockey apart from Tampa's PP and that Johnson goal on the 5 on 3. Rangers played well in phases but even then it was marred with stupid mistakes on both sides. If this continues like that, it doesn't matter a bit who wins, because the West will just take a giant shit on that team. Hope this will be a wakeup call and the Rangers show some spirit next game, this Tampa team is easily beatable once you stop making Bishop look like Hasek, or just fucking score when he goes out scouting the terrain.

That said, Johnson is a fucking inspiration, great to watch, almost like MSL back in the day. MSL and Nash hopefully will get a talking to, but I have good reason to believe the Rangers will actually play hockey and not do this bullshit next game and just go out there and teach Tampa. This game was as poorly played as the 9-2 against the Sharks last season, plus fucking refs didn't help. Call everything at first, then don't call Moore's embellishment and decide to not call a blatant trip to make it even. Fucking stupid. Can't be too mad though, bad games happen and Tampa played just as shit, which is good. Washington was outplaying us a lot, Tampa has a lot of gaps to exploit.
Meaning

Post by Meaning » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm

MSL is done, if you have any expectations for him just get rid of them. He is old and done now.

Nash idk, always comes up small when we need him.
Chase Utley is a bitch
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon May 18, 2015 11:39 pm

We outplayed Tampa at evens but they fucking were dreadful on the PK. Can't take stupid penalties and give up shorties, or 4 PPs.
Hope this will be a wakeup call and the Rangers show some spirit next game, this Tampa team is easily beatable once you stop making Bishop look like Hasek, or just fucking score when he goes out scouting the terrain.
Really don't get why this team always needs a wake up call after taking a series lead.
Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Mind games. Become the underdog and strike like a cobra.
Meaning

Post by Meaning » Wed May 20, 2015 1:09 am

Since when were headers not allowed in hockey, lmao it was a good try by Shaw there in 2OT
Chase Utley is a bitch
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 am

Apparently its a rule but no one knew it.
Meaning

Post by Meaning » Wed May 20, 2015 2:10 am

Well that was one of the best games I've ever watched.
Chase Utley is a bitch
cptn
Push Dem Buttons

Post by cptn » Wed May 20, 2015 8:43 am

stayed up for it? thats pretty late for the east. game 4 should be good
So what's the difference between us? We can start at the penis
Or we can scream, "I Just Don't Give a Fuck, " and see who means it!