(Trial) Orrokk, Resto Shaman

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

martyr

Re: (Trial) Orrokk, Resto Shaman

Post by martyr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:38 am

Javasauce wrote:
Palin wrote:He's been doing really well IMO. Not parsering as high as Java but that's cuz Java is a meter whore <3 But he's done every assignment he's needed to well and is putting up decent numbers without dying a lot. Fitting in well so far.
Started from the bottom now we here.

I do have less overhealing on every fight though, just sayin :roll:

But agreed, seems good.
We should hold him to the same standard we held you during your trial.
Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 am

What standard?
٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔGo Cubs Goʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 am

The "hey guys we really need a healer, he's trying hard, and he's nice" standard?
martyr

Post by martyr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Palin wrote:The "hey guys we really need a healer, he's trying hard, and he's nice" standard?
Pmuch.
Rush
Do you have a moment to talk about Crit?

Post by Rush » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:37 pm

The same standard I got, I'm ok with this. I had the added bonus of knowing Rallik as well.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Rush wrote:The same standard I got, I'm ok with this. I had the added bonus of knowing Rallik as well.
Haha not quite. Both you (and Orrok in this case) were performing well to start. Or in your case, we knew you could do good things before you even joined.

Java was a special project snowflake that we stayed patient with and good things happened <3
Marko
Go Leafs Go

Post by Marko » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Palin wrote:snowflake
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Palin wrote:special project snowflake
Jesus... that's some tumblr shit
martyr

Post by martyr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Javasauce wrote:
Palin wrote:special project snowflake
Jesus... that's some tumblr shit
But how does that make you feel?
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 am

T R I G G E R E D.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:51 am

Continues to do well. Only gripe is that he could talk more on Mumble, which will come with time. Need to make sure we can hear him when he talks. Minor stuff, looking like a good pickup so far.
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:01 am

Agreed. Still a little confused on the whole overhealing situation, but it doesn't seem to have much effect on anything.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Could it have something to do with not using Glyph of Riptide? His average Chain Heal is much lower than yours, but maybe his Riptide is over healing more?
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Yeah I was thinking that as well, since he has less riptides out, Chain Heal + High Tide is less "smart." Probably what's going on
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:58 am

So after last night and looking at logs for a while, things are still looking pretty good. Have a couple small concerns, one being that he barely uses healing surge. With the bonus crit chance we get from tidal waves, a well-timed healing surge could save someone in a pinch (especially on fights like flamebender with wolves dickslamming 3 people at a time...). Over all boss attempts, he casted it 22 times, vs. 124 from me.

The other thing is I think he really needs to pick up glyph of riptide. It's much harder to time chain heals well when you don't have enough riptides out/are unable to get them out, which might be what's hurting his throughput.

Orrokk:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/93 ... &source=15

Me:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/93 ... &source=17

Even with 146 less casts, I did 3m more healing via chain heal. Just seems like something's wrong there :?

Might chat with him later about this stuff, I think he already said he's open to testing out glyph of riptide, despite what he said in his application, so that's good.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:25 am

Yea, I remember him saying that. If you don't mind speaking with him Java, I'd appreciate it.
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Fri May 01, 2015 8:09 am

I was wondering the same about my chain heals numbers. After looking at logs yesterday I noticed that it was mostly because I keep on rolling my riptide on the tanks. When comparing both your logs and mine, my chain heal targeted sunbro or methios for a total of 143 times while yours hit them 30 times. It's mostly because I'm limited at 3-4 riptide target without using the glyph so the proc from high tide are mostly targeting the tanks atm. I'll probably give the glyph a try on next raid night, just to see how it goes.

Concerning my healing surge usage I guess I could try to use it more often. I've been mostly keeping it for these "oh shit" moment. But most of the time I guess I'm just being too much incline into a more mana preservative playstyle, just some things I need to work on.

Something I noticed since I joined is your ascendance being usually a lot better than mine, what is your approach when you pop it? usually a chain heal spam or is using Healing Surge a better option?

Thanks for pointing these out to me btw, I really appreciate it. we're all in the same boat, if we can all improve it'll only be better for us :)
if you have anymore question, feel free to ask whenever, I'm always looking to improve.

The whole lack of riptides + 2 of which being on the tanks makes a lot of sense. Almost every chain heal will be 40% overheal with that being the case. I have a feeling once he glyphs riptide and and maybe picks up ancestral swiftness (putting him at almost 40% haste o_o), he'll have way more efficient gcd usage, and maybe feel less pressure to spam chain heal non-stop.

The healing surge thing is sort of understandable, as he has pretty low spirit (double int trinkets). But overall, looks like he's receptive and willing to change things up.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun May 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Vote to pass on Wednesday.
Javasauce

Post by Javasauce » Mon May 04, 2015 7:50 am

Also vote to pass. Was using glyph of riptide/ancestral last night and performed well (although I think he likes the other playstyle better).
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Mon May 04, 2015 8:10 am

fine with passing