Magic the Gathering?

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

Runngunn

Magic the Gathering?

Post by Runngunn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Anyone play?
Rob
Magical Girl

Re: Magic the Gathering?

Post by Rob » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Played some during high school and picked it up a little again recently. One of my friends from work is just now 'discovering' all the stereotypical nerdy things, so I've been having some throwbacks to MTG, D&D, and such.
Rill
Son of Mish - Stuck in a Rock

Post by Rill » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 pm

yo
Runngunn

Post by Runngunn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:49 pm

I just started in September. My school has a club so i get to play pretty often. Did the pre-release today too.
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

sometime i miss playing the game

bt remembering the 5k i sold all my card for makes that feeling go away pretty fast
Rill

Post by Rill » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:54 am

I don't really play all that much atm, but I got back into it pretty heavily last summer. My friends and I have hosted a couple of local drafts for the alara block (extended standard). I started playing right when the Urza block (which came out in 1998) came out so I've been playing off and on for a long time.

My favorite type of play is Legacy though because I like a lot of old cards. But ya like Melbu said I don't really have the funds to get into it hardcore or I would. I have a mean GB natuko husk sac deck that can pretty much destroy anyone in a couple turns :P
Drek'Thar is my homeboy.

Runngunn

Post by Runngunn » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Some of the people at the club do like an all proxy duel. Its kind of funny to see time walk getting played.
Rob
Magical Girl

Post by Rob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 am

If you like the aspect of putting together a deck from MTG and don't like spending money, try looking into a game called Dominion. It's one of those European board games where the focus is eventually building up and getting the most victory points. You start with a deck of money cards, draw and use those to buy cards from the bank, which then get shuffled into your deck. The awesome thing is that every time you play with 10 different cards in the bank, so it's different every time.

If you already play Dominion, we should play online sometime: http://dominion.isotropic.org/
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 am

i started in the urzas block with that soul sculptor deck box, played on and off with palin and zera, avanne and a few other friends, havnt kept up with it lately since we mostly hate the new playstyle
Palin wrote:but he leaves a really bad taste in my mouth
Shearokal (8:36:38 PM): das right, cause we niggas gotta stick together
Hirokal : NOOOOOO! I love Tass :(
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:20 am

I don't mind the new playstyles at all, just lost the time/interest/money to keep up with hit.
If you like the aspect of putting together a deck from MTG and don't like spending money, try looking into a game called Dominion. It's one of those European board games where the focus is eventually building up and getting the most victory points. You start with a deck of money cards, draw and use those to buy cards from the bank, which then get shuffled into your deck. The awesome thing is that every time you play with 10 different cards in the bank, so it's different every time.

If you already play Dominion, we should play online sometime: http://dominion.isotropic.org/
Tass's bro got Dominion and it was something I was looking into before even that, alas I moved away so I never bought it. Seemed really fun.
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:01 pm

well i know i hate the new ones, but more so just because they keep changing shit and i dont have the time to bother keeping up with it.

yeah ive played dominion with my bro he has all of the sets they released, was really simple and fun, id def recommend it
Rill

Post by Rill » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Tassadar wrote:i started in the urzas block with that soul sculptor deck box, played on and off with palin and zera, avanne and a few other friends, havnt kept up with it lately since we mostly hate the new playstyle
We started playing on the same block! <3

and I agree, damage needs to be on the goddamn stack again...no mana burn is fucking dumb.
Drek'Thar is my homeboy.

Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

god damn noobs

BETA mother fuckers
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Rill wrote:
Tassadar wrote:i started in the urzas block with that soul sculptor deck box, played on and off with palin and zera, avanne and a few other friends, havnt kept up with it lately since we mostly hate the new playstyle
We started playing on the same block! <3

and I agree, damage needs to be on the goddamn stack again...no mana burn is fucking dumb.
copy cat! i played first!!!

yeah no mana burn is dumb but last time we played we just played with the old rules we were used to.. not like i care anyway i run 4keys and 4brainstorms so whatevs :D
Rob
Magical Girl

Post by Rob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 pm

A couple weeks ago I played against my friend who just got into it. He though I was making mana burn up after he tapped one of his lands for 2 mana. A quick google later and I was sad.