Naxx run

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

tombonator

Naxx run

Post by tombonator » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:30 am

I know a few people are interested in running naxx, Just wondering how many total we could get that would want to come. If there are alot, will maybe set up a run on one of the off days we aren't scheduled to raid.

Post in this thread if interested
Zephirith

Post by Zephirith » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:08 pm

i'll go
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:58 pm

aint attuned
jebuslives

Post by jebuslives » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Yea i would enjoy going into naxx but im also not attuned, and i have little rep with the argent dawn because when BC came out my priest was still lvl 49 so i dident even bother runing scholo or strat. i think its a great idea but i think there are too few people that are attuned for it.
Frostaurora

Post by Frostaurora » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:29 am

Xiao and i will go...lets get some tier 3!!!!!!
kenster

Post by kenster » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:43 am

i want an ashbringer :]
Swole

Post by Swole » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 pm

in
What time is it? Broomtime
Retired Professional Getaway Whip
Cleet
Bombonator - "The Lagonator"

Post by Cleet » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:29 pm

count me in too
I once beat Tom in a duel.
Mootankhamen

Post by Mootankhamen » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:54 pm

I'll go but I'm not attuned.
Invictus
Rob
Magical Girl

Post by Rob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:12 am

I'm attuned.
Kubulai

Post by Kubulai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:38 am

Zepp wrote:aint attuned
Solo farm strat and scholo, fucking beaner. It's not that hard!
Kubulai - 70 Orc Warlock
Bhaal - 70 Undead Mage
Selowen - 52 Blood Elf Paladin
derzoll

Post by derzoll » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:54 am

Tigole in a Q/A interview for mmo-gamer, answered about taking Naxxramas to Northrend and retune it for 25 man raid size lvl 80:

Q: On the subject of raids, I obviously don’t know the exact numbers, but there are rumors floating around on the internet that only something like under two percent of players in WoW actually make use of the end-game raiding content. How do you respond to the notion that you are catering to a small, vocal minority, while ignoring the large majority of casual players?

A: I think that’s kind of a misconception that we’re only creating content for a small group of players. First of all, our statistics show that our most popular instance is Karazhan, that’s getting done by more players right now—each day we get statistics that show what our most popular instances are, and each day it comes back Karazhan, so a lot of people are doing that. We’re coming out with Zul’Aman in direct response to the popularity of Karazhan.

Now, in regards to some of the more difficult raid content, like Naxxramas, or like Black Temple, I think there is some validity to what you’re saying, that not enough people are getting to see the content. In direct response to that, we want to take Naxxramas, what we felt was possibly one of our best dungeons in terms of game design, in terms of cool encounters, great art, it had some of the best music out of any of our zones, and a lot of people missed it, and I think they missed it for a couple reasons: One, it was super hardcore, it was our hardest dungeon of original World of Warcraft, the other reason is that it came only a few months before The Burning Crusade. I think a lot more people would have gotten the chance to experience it if they had the time to progress, but since they didn’t, they missed it.

So what I want to do in Northrend is to take Naxxramas in all of its glory, scale it down to the 25 man raid size, and then take the difficulty and retune it—obviously we’d tune for level 80, it would no longer be tuned for level 60, since that would be a little silly and it wouldn’t be a lot of fun for people at that point—but I want to put rewards in there that are very exciting to level 80 players, but make it the entry-level raid, very accessible, tune the encounters so that there’s something for everybody to do, and let the majority get a chance to see that content that they hadn’t seen before.
Decoi
Dismantle

Post by Decoi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am

I honestly hope they scale the 70 instances too. I have a feeling even in 1 years time I might not have defeated illidan or Archimonde yet. I mean here is to hoping and stuff, but they are pretty damn hardcore.

A new expansion so soon makes me sad, there just wasn't enough time to "beat" the content in TBC yet for the vast majority of players.

PS. I will be ready with Chain heal and level 80 come naxx time again! Only cleared 2 wings, plague wing and 4 hourseman here i come!