Pushing Along once More...

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Pushing Along once More...

Post by Palin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:54 am

If you take a look back through this page, you realize there's a big gap between our last big progression kill and today. There's good reason for that; Fall attrition hit us hard, harder than most. The return of a lot of our Raiders to college, coupled with various degrees of burnout and inconsistency strained our roster to its limit; and near the beginning of September we were barely filling raids, with little to no backup or replacements available. Unfortunately, our recruitment wasn't able to keep up with the attrition; finding active, intelligent, and dedicated raiders became quite difficult as the last days of Summer died, as most of WoW's player base too went back to school.

It came to a point where we were having trouble filling raids; morale was shot, people's dedication to the time requirement of PVE raiding waning, and worst of all, the leadership burning out with their own real life obligations coupled with the stress of pushing the guild over this hump. Indeed, no less than two weeks ago we were on the verge of throwing in the towel, and it looked as though the days of Spike Flail progression would be at an end. Ultimately however, we decided to push on, and push we did. We reorganized, pushed recruitment, and by a miracle, a plethora of intelligent and dedicated applications streamed in. Slowly, we began to rebuild and reorganize our roster; teaching new apps our strategies and the way we work, familiarizing both new and old members with each other and allowing them time to grow accustomed to playing with each other, and pushing on with our progression.

Did it ever pay off, what a week we've had. Last Sunday, we tackled Lady Vashj once again, nearly a month after we had last visited her at the peak of our decline. By Monday night, she lay dead at our feet.

[item]Helm of the Vanquished Hero[/item] - Payload
[item]Helm of the Vanquished Champion[/item] - Kens
[item]Lightfathom Scepter[/item] - Arteria
[item]Fang of Vashj[/item] - Ammonz

We entered again this week with a goal, to repeat our kill and prove to ourselves it wasn't a fluke. We started tonight with Vashj, with a slightly fresh crew(including myself) to maximize our Vial output. Unsure of what we were getting into, we proceeded to one-shot her with a near perfect second-kill.

[item]Helm of the Vanquished Defender[/item] - Hirokal
[item]Helm of the Vanquished Hero[/item] - Spoatacus
[item]Lightfathom Scepter[/item] - Summonlight
[item]Prism of Inner Calm[/item] - Hotblooded

Later that night, as the farming of TK was dying down, we decided to hit up an after-hour High Astromancer Solarian attempt to test our mettle. Two pulls later she too lay at our feet.

[item]Heartrazor[/item] - Rozier
[item]Boots of the Resilient[/item] Tamahome
[item]Greaves of the Bloodwarder[/item] - Tamahome

And so here we are, at the steps of Kael'thas, the destroyer of guilds, and we've already pushed past our hurdle. We stand in front of him as a changed guild; there's a lot of fresh faces yes, but there also is a strong attitude and burning desire for progression and dedication that wasn't there before. We're almost at an end to adding to and fine-tuning the core raid group that will push us through BT and Hyjal, and we're confident in our current member-base, both new and old. Perhaps we won't 2-day shot him to carry on the tradition, perhaps it'll be another month or two before we make a kill shot post, but thats ok. We're happy to have a stable raider-base in which we can rely on to give it their all and be there at the end, enjoying the ride with each other along the way.

To end this lengthy monologue, the leadership really wants to thank everyone who stood by us in our darkest hours and helped pushed us along. Thank you to the old members who stepped up to help out our stressed leadership by taking burdens off of them. Thank you to the guys who continued to show up day after day even when raids were canceled. And thank you to the new apps and recruits who proved to be so amazing and dedicated, we really hit gold with a lot of you, and appreciate your decision to join us. We're glad this week we were able to show you what we're truly capable of and that you didn't make the wrong decision.

If you need us, you can find us being farmed by a fat Blood Elf and his cronies. Until then~

-Ushas
Last edited by Palin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xellos
The God-Damn Book

Post by Xellos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:23 am

I don't think he's actually fat...it's just his robes.
Swole

Post by Swole » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 am

You say that because he looks a lot like you. Of course you tend to die a lot faster than he does... "Where's our add tank?" "He's dead." ... "I guess I'll put my tanking gear on next time."

Great post Ushas, we've seen friends come and go, but I now feel our core is stronger than ever, and I for one am poised, to quote Hardkor, "die 50 times a night for the next couple weeks." With this tall task ahead of us, we must remember that 5 farm bosses, in content we've never seen, will be our reward. Thanks to everyone that has joined us, thanks to all those that got us here, and thanks to all who stuck with us.

No matter what the future holds, we'll always have High King and Al'ar.
What time is it? Broomtime
Retired Professional Getaway Whip
Xellos
The God-Damn Book

Post by Xellos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Swole wrote:You say that because he looks a lot like you. Of course you tend to die a lot faster than he does... "Where's our add tank?" "He's dead." ... "I guess I'll put my tanking gear on next time."
Hey, I thought 17k armor worth in healing gear would be enough. Turned out they hit harder than I remembered.

Two points:

1. I look better than Kael
2. I'd be harder to kill if I had a badass council too.
Notmish

Post by Notmish » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

I just want to say that I am honored to be part of this group. I saw a dedication to progression as we wiped over and over on Vashj learning the fight, then to come back and get her to 5% the next day at the end of a full SSC clear when people were getting tired, and one shot her to start the next raid, very impressive.

Thank you
Krispy

Post by Krispy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 pm

Yeah this is totally the opposite enviroment I'm used to. I'm having a blast so far, I don't know why I didnt leave my shitty server sooner.

Awesome job guys, ya'll kick some sweet 16 ass.
Wii Friend Code: 5535 0772 7547 5819
Smash Bros. Brawl Code: 3995-6180-8214
spiferlol

Post by spiferlol » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:42 pm

i to felt it was strong when someone in the raid says whats the chance of 1 shotting vashj we looked like we were crazy then it happend very impressive by all members who put the effort
Nayaru
SUPREME DIKFACE

Post by Nayaru » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:11 pm

grats on vashj, goodluck on kael
Cerneoth

Post by Cerneoth » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:55 am

Grats guys! I'm really happy for you and I hope you get get Kael soon! It sounds like your core is as strong as ever so I wouldn't be worried.

Best wishes,
-Cerneoth