Tier 11 = Done

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Tier 11 = Done

Post by Palin » Sun May 22, 2011 5:30 pm

And with that, we're (finally) done with the first Tier of Cataclysm endgame content.

WoL

It's been an interesting five months. After dissolving near the end of ICC due to RL changes, we made the decision to return to endgame raiding in Cataclysm testing Blizzard's new "equal" 10 man raiding model. The idea was simple - playing with old friends who we knew we could rely on, who had desire to see Cata content, while avoiding the stress and hassle of revolving-door 25m recruitment needs. We started with a solid amount of our old WoLK raiding core, but after the first few weeks of being 85 and the normal drop off of people took place, we were left with a core of 14 for our 10m raids. Unfortunately as we entered into the Heroic content in early February, we found that even running with old friends doesn't alleviate the burden of attrition, as we slowly lost key DPS members. The addition of a few old friends into our raids mid-tier kept us running, but by Mid-March we were running with only 12 people in a 10m raid, with 5 of those being healers. Our lack of depth slowed our pace down a bit, notably on Al'akir and Council which each took 3-4 weeks alone. But we persevered and finished the tier as we started it, as a close group of friends who just wanted to kill shit.

Personally, I've never enjoyed raiding more than I have now. This tier of content has been an amazing balance of challenge and fun, the best since Ulduar easily. Not having to constantly deal with the stress and vetting requirements of new Applicants and Trials has been a welcome addition. Going into every night knowing that I could rely on the people in the raid completely, as I'd been playing with each and everyone of them for at least a year or more was refreshing. And learning encounters like Heroic Nef P3 or Sinestra where everyone's role was amplified because of less people - when healing as a team and covering for each other's weaknesses because you only have 2 or 3 healers in an encounter - was one of the most fun things I've done in this game in a long time.

Alas we cannot survive on a 12 man roster throughout Firelands, so now that we have time in between raids before 4.2 hits, we have decided to replenish the roster a bit. It'd be shortsighted of us not to assume we're going to have attrition over a 5-6 month period of 4.2 as well, and we have to be prepared. Therefore we've decided to open up recruitment for a limited amount of time. Our standards are as high as ever and our application process will be just as strict as it was in WoLK, if not more. We want to make sure anyone we're adding to our small core of raiders will fit in both in skill and personality.

If you feel you'd be a good addition to our group, and are interested in top-end 10m raiding, please feel free to apply here. As always, please be sure to read everything and apply properly - we have a low tolerance for applicants who can't read.

Currently we're open to recruiting all classes, as we have some re-roll and alt options within our group that are willing to do so if skilled replacements to their class/spec come along. Notably atm we're looking for solid DPS however.

HIGH PRIORITY:
-Warlock
-Frost/Unholy DK
-Ret Paladin
-Moonkin
-Elemental Shaman
-Feral Druid (should be geared both for Tank and DPS)

MID PRIORITY:
-Mage
-Rogue
-Holy/Disc Priest
-Fury Warrior
-Resto Druid

If you're interested, feel free to apply.

See you in Firelands!
Rill
Son of Mish - Stuck in a Rock

Re: Tier 11 = Done

Post by Rill » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Fucking grats you nigs, was fun to see familiar faces when I was able to sneakily enter your raids :P

Best of luck with Firelands and recruitment and such!! I'll update on the 25 man front as well. :)

ILU guys btw, nohomo.
Drek'Thar is my homeboy.

Theownt

Post by Theownt » Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Whenever I think of the most fun I've had playing WoW, I think back to my time in this guild. It was shorter than what most of you had, but Spike Flail was a great group of people I was sorry to see depart. I'm very happy you guys have gotten back together and cleared this tier, and I look forward to watching you smash through Firelands!
qourthon

Post by qourthon » Tue May 24, 2011 9:57 am

Palin, always thinking three steps ahead.
Meaning
Below average destro lock

Post by Meaning » Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am

Grats on the kill. GL in firelands
Chase Utley is a bitch
PessimiStick

Post by PessimiStick » Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Grats bitches! Glad to see everyone is still awesome.
Ippon