Brew of the month

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Tier

Brew of the month

Post by Tier » Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm

http://www.oskarblues.com

This is a very unique little brewery. They have managed to stand out in a sea of new and imported micro brews. The first thing youll notice is they use cans. Yea seriously shitty little cans. Its hard to imagine anyone being taken seriously using cans. The image I get in my head is of a product demo, everyone is in suits and of course the beer aficionados are in full force reeking of douchebaggery. Then the product is brought out and its a ghetto lookin can called "Ten-FIDY". Im pretty sure everyone in the room would just reach down their throats and turn them selves inside out at the sight. Like how can you market it as premium, I really can't imagine Timothy Dalton CRACKING OPEN A Ten-FIDY. Yes when I think of high class I think of Timothy Dalton, what can I say. He was the best bond right? RIGHT?

Moving on I was at this little pub pizza place right near my place and after a bunch of drinks the overly insane, hot waitress(She was a win on the hot crazy scale) comes over to our table and asks if I want anything else. I said to her "surprise me" hoping for a Bj or some shit but she gets this insane look on her face and runs over to the racks of beer they have and grabs of all things A CAN OF BEER. Now this place is known for having unique and pricey imports and so on. So at this point I assumed I was actually passed out on the floor drooling on my self. But again no BJ so clearly I was awake. Anyway she brings it over and asks if I know anythgin abuot it and ofc I diddnt. She makes a comment about the founders being stoners and they choose cans so they could have beer and a pipe while hiking. She continued on to make come comment abotu stoners taking over...yea.

The Taste
Well this is where it all gets intresting. I poured my ten-Fidy which is an imperial stout into my glass. Seriously it looked like flat coke. It viscosity was terrifying, like spiders. I mean this wasn't the avg dark beer thickness. It was fucking like that dark water shit from pirates of dark water(if you dont know what that is plz die). The smell is insane, the look is insane but the taste YEA ITS STILL FUCKING INSANE. Its picasos vision of a stout. You get the idea of what it is but holy god is it bizzare. I let everyone at my table try it. Many faces were made. That being said its not too bad. I would drink it again of my own free will, unlike their second offering of the night. I tried the Gubna(think guv'na but retarded or if a deaf guy said it). This.....thing..... If I were to mix you a drink of Busch light, pine sol and smelly pot, would you drink it? WOULD YOU? Fuck no you would not, well at least not if you were living on this plane of existence. Well gubna tastes like that. I don't mean a hint of the forest, its punch you in the face cleaning agent. They list it as an imperial IPA. The fuck is that, does it go around eating all the other IPA's and shitting out their caps. Actually it might. That shit was intense, about as intense as beer tasting can get so like the intensity of your dryer, empty. I don't envision people with foam fingers at the edge of there seats for beer.

Now both of the products mentioned are 10% ABV. They are fucking strong in all ways. No matter what I said if you like new beer and want something completely unique. Oskar Blues products are the way to go. Seriously try them even if you don't like it they are completely worth it. You'll be hard pressed to find something so unique and powerful. Their shit is over 9000.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Stout forms a head like most shit lagers do. It was bizarre to see a 10% foam so much.
Ettoo

Re: Brew of the month

Post by Ettoo » Wed May 19, 2010 5:14 pm

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1 ... _bill.html

I saw this while surfing the internets just for you Tier
Facts

Post by Facts » Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm

I approve of this tomfoolery.
Perseus

Post by Perseus » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 am

I get to live in the wondeful state of Colorado, where many breweries like that one pop up and come up with some pretty interesting stuff. Some are horrible, some are amazing... but you never regret trying any at least once.
Morkt

Post by Morkt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 am

I saw another beer made by Oskar Blues at the market a while back but was broke, and now its gone. Might have been the Pinesol one.

My vote for best brewery is North Coast Brewery in Mendocino California, a lot of that is because ive never been short of amazed by anything ive had from there. I havent been on any major brewery searches or nuthin though. If you ever see Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Pranqster (Golden belgian something or other), or Red Seal ale, give em a go. Red Seal isnt the most 'zazzy' beer, infact its got a very simple taste, but something about it is just fucking perfect.

Also they make an abbey ale that ive only ever seen in slightly bigger than a 22 but with a cork in it what the fuck is it a wine bottle? Wait its 10 bucks? beer called Brother Thelonious thatll make me me cry. But Im a fan of black as night sedimented ales.
Nellorae

Post by Nellorae » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Tier

Post by Tier » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 pm

I have a bottle of TNP waiting for me at a buds house. When they ship it to you it says "contains yeast sample, not beer".
Shliapnikov

Post by Shliapnikov » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 am

Ten Fiddy showed up on Gizmodo, what are the odds: http://gizmodo.com/5622938/canned-beer- ... e=true&s=i

Morkt, I tried some Old Rasputin recently. I bought it just for the name, I'm no beer connoisseur. It was very good, but almost TOO flavorful for me.
Tier

Post by Tier » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 am

One of the pics there had something from 21st amendment, their shit is universally horrible. I had an IPA from them, it was the most disgusting shit ive ever had. I would drink a Busch before that shit.
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:22 am

Fuck IPA they all taste like ass then again all pale ale or shit inspired from English pale ales is pretty much the worst shit ever made, its honestly a shame to even call it a beer.
cptn
Push Dem Buttons

Post by cptn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:28 pm

had some good ones lately, three floyds robert the bruce,sea dog blueberry wheat,lost coast great white,tyranena scurvy,wyders pear cider,metropolitan copper lager,original sin cider, nice little place by my house
So what's the difference between us? We can start at the penis
Or we can scream, "I Just Don't Give a Fuck, " and see who means it!
Morkt

Post by Morkt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:35 am

There ya go shly, yeah it is a bit overkill. But if your allready drunk its got enough flavor to get through to your soaked taste buds perfect.

That pear cyders pretty tasty, and Im a pretty good fan of lost coast. But great white has subtle hints of dishsoap... sorry. Down Town Brown is a -classic- in my book, but maybe because it was the first good ale I ever drank.

Dont like IPA's either but...
My FAVORITE beer is an IPA and im a rather discerning beer fan I think.

DOGFISH HEAD 90 MINUTE IPA IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. They also have a 60 minute IPA which i havent tried.

If you try it and hate it you can forever hate me, but I dont think you will :)
Tier

Post by Tier » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 am

Morkt wrote:There ya go shly, yeah it is a bit overkill. But if your allready drunk its got enough flavor to get through to your soaked taste buds perfect.

That pear cyders pretty tasty, and Im a pretty good fan of lost coast. But great white has subtle hints of dishsoap... sorry. Down Town Brown is a -classic- in my book, but maybe because it was the first good ale I ever drank.

Dont like IPA's either but...
My FAVORITE beer is an IPA and im a rather discerning beer fan I think.

DOGFISH HEAD 90 MINUTE IPA IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. They also have a 60 minute IPA which i havent tried.

If you try it and hate it you can forever hate me, but I dont think you will :)
You say criminal things.
Ngata

Post by Ngata » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Love dogfish head. Make somewhat of a black and tan from the 120 minute ipa and their world wide stout = pure win
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Ngata wrote:Love dogfish head. Make somewhat of a black and tan from the 120 minute ipa and their world wide stout = pure win
lol that would taste like ass
and yes ive had both
Morkt

Post by Morkt » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:28 am

Hi there Ashlynn Rae

(melbu's ava)
Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 pm

morkt get on aim.