Tribute to Spike Flail's Insanity: Grand Crusaders

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Tribute to Spike Flail's Insanity: Grand Crusaders

Post by Palin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:53 pm

We hate Immortal-style progression.

We should have had this 3 weeks ago unfortunately. Can blame it on a roster hiccup and logistical problems, can blame it on whatever. The truth is we just dropped the ball and had 3 weeks of 49-tribute clears, including two weeks in a row where we one-shotted Anub and lost our tribute on stupid Twins wipes. Knowing we had cost ourselves irreplaceable US ranking, we knew we had to get it this week; or risk losing our chances at the Realm First title to the other Ner'zhul guilds that had made great progression on the Tribute run. We knew we couldn't be complacent, lazy, and take things for granted any longer. Building off our mistakes from the past few weeks, and continuing our great performance one-shotting Anub from the past 3 weeks, we pushed and made it happen.

WoL

There's not much to say about this, because we're all still a little disappointed in ourselves for not having this a few weeks ago and solidifying a top 20 US ranking. There's still much to praise in our solid performance over the past few weeks in the grand scheme of things, even though small silly mistakes held us back. However we learned a lot from what we did screw up on and took it with humility, and didn't give up. A lot of people would have grown frustrated with our mistakes and missed opportunities and given up in anger or disgust, but we kept our heads down and pushed on, looking to learn from our setbacks. And we finally were rewarded, even if a bit late. Thank you for not giving up out of frustration or anger, Spike Flail.

Now to farm and rest with a bit of a load off our chest until 3.3's release, where we're anticipating a strong start and another push for top 20 US. Just remember, don't get complacent with our shortended raid schedule and "easy" farming. We still have to repeat these 50-Tribue runs for our cloaks, and we still need to stay sharp for ICC's release, which will be quite a race in itself. Use this time to relax SF, but be ready for 4-night raid weeks and progression-mindsets very soon.

On a lighter note, new newspost feature! "On this day in Spike Flail."

On this day in Spike Flail:

Two years ago to this date, we were pumped and excited to be venturing into a new instance after an amazing performance in TK, we finally had keyed enough of our raiders to start our T6 push. Spirits where high as we entered Mount Hyjal, marveling at the amazing sites and actually enjoying the waves of trash (oh would we learn). Rage Winterchill fell without a sweat, and and a few hours later after some strategizing, Anetheron did as well!

Who can forget such lovable names as Formose, Roty, Balluh, Summonlight, Hotblooded, and Illist. Oh happy times! And of course, much love for our fallen friends, as we remember names such as Krispyable, Zxt, Payload, and Swole. And behold a myserious Vaprak sighting! Wait who? Also many laughs at homosexual Nattyice trying to be a real Shadow Priest.

On a sidenote, where the hell was Tier on this date? And Nightfright?! :(

Stay tuned for more "On this day in Spike Flail" in the future!
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Re: Tribute to Spike Flail's Insanity: Grand Crusaders

Post by Melbu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm

you can also look forward to rob yelling at you about bandwidth and the size of pics on the main page :P
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm

In my eyes the most recent News post can be full size. Of coures the truth is that's just an excuse for me being lazy though.
Rill
Son of Mish - Stuck in a Rock

Post by Rill » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:58 pm

The Ride is front and center, as it should be.
Drek'Thar is my homeboy.

Nightfright

Post by Nightfright » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 pm

those pics are from 2 years ago. I came about a month after that screenshot.

Actually found a picture taken on that day and here is where I was:
Tier

Post by Tier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:24 pm

On a sidenote, where the hell was Tier on this date? And Nightfright?! :(

I was between
Nice Hunter app, though he could use a bit more AGI gemming. If his shot rotation works out and we decide we want another Hunter, definitely a gem here.
- Ushas Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:36 pm

and
I dunno how much my input is worth but exitus(tier) is an amazing hunter, I have been playing with him for a little over 2 years now and he has always been near the top of the dps charts, and he always kicks ass in pvp.

It seems like our hunters are very reliable but if you ever want another 100% attendance hunter he is your man.
- Vaprak - Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:18 pm
Varnek
WeakAura Master

Post by Varnek » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm

vaprak kinda disappeared after that first supremus kill >.>
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Oops ya, this was 2 years ago. And for some reason I thought Night joined us in late SSC for stuff like Leo and Vashj. And same with Tier. I guess I got confused cuz we probably went back to those instances to key people(and them) after.
Tier

Post by Tier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Or i apped and waited !!!!
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 pm

hey look its zxt .. may he RIP
Preech

Post by Preech » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Balluh died about 2 days after that SS :(