Notice: We Raid 4 Days a Week

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Notice: We Raid 4 Days a Week

Post by Palin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 am

Three months ago, when Ulduar was released, I don't think any of us foresaw us making the progression we have. We entered into Ulduar somewhere around US#250 I believe, nothing really that special. We had done well on Sarth +3 and such, but we still were really, in the end, nobodies. The beginning of Ulduar wasn't much better, our normal mode progression was marred with sloppiness from the Naxx-turnover and a bad roster, and we ended up killing Yogg 140th in the US, again, nothing special. It seemed that we may be doomed to the struggles from BT and Sunwell, where we had consistency issues and simply remained a slightly above-average raiding guild struggling to maintain server 3-4th in progression.

Something changed when we hit the hard modes. We capitalized quickly on the Hodir HM change while other guilds were still content to farm Yogg, and grabbed a US#24th kill on our first Hard Mode. Tasting blood, we pushed onto Thorim, nabbing a US#75th kill in an unexpected and unprecedented Thursday raid night, something we'd have never been able to put together in past instances. Bouncing back from a nasty attrition bump at the beginning of the Summer, we recruited and pushed down 4 hard modes in 4 days, catching anywhere from top US#50-150 kills on Heartbreaker and Orbiturary prenerfs, then Steelbreaker last and Vezax Hard. Grabbing the server first reins, we pushed on, eager for our Drakes, and made solid progression each week, culminating in finishing off Freya, Yogg, and Mim to received the US#55th Heroic Glory of the Ulduar Raider.

It seems fitting that we'd "end" the instance of Ulduar with another jump in progression, and we did so tonight. Last week, we should have had Algalon 25. Wiping with 300k left on his health bar after losing 3 DPS for 50% of the fight, we saw our US#22 kill go out the window in the flash of a Cosmic Smash. We came back in this week determined to avoid witnessing such a heartbreak again; and though it was close, we focused and were able to play at the level we knew we could. And thus, we were rewarded:

Image Image
Image Image
WoL

The jumps we made in progression have been monumental and are in no small part thanks to the skilled and dedicated core we've kept since Sunwell, as well as the awesome new recruits who've assimilated into our home and improved our overall performance levels to what it is today. Each and everyone of you all are to thank for our feats. Without you guys, we wouldn't have made that jump from server 4th, US#250ish, to server 1st, US#40 that we have over these past 3 months.

Congratulations to everyone, and thank you for your dedication again. Yogg 0 and another Server First! title awaits, and then 3.2 beyond. If we do as well as we've done in Ulduar, we have some exciting times ahead of us. Here's to it.
Cheroba

Post by Cheroba » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 am

US Horde Top 20...congrats. :)
Facts

Post by Facts » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 am

Moving speech.
Datta. Dayadvham. Damyata. Shantih Shantih Shantih.
Ettoo

Post by Ettoo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 am

I am glad you all got this kill gratz.
“There is only one difference between a madman and me - The madman thinks he is sane - I know I am mad.”

— Salvador Dali

Ettoo - Retired
Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:14 pm

woo im in the killshot@!
٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔGo Cubs Goʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
osatox

Post by osatox » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 am

grats :D
Crez

Post by Crez » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 am

grats dudes
Herro

Post by Herro » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Methios wrote:woo im in the killshot@!
Yes and you failed at spelling grats

good work
I'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...
Rozier

Post by Rozier » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:32 pm

gratz guys glad to see it happen...

Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Herro wrote:
Methios wrote:woo im in the killshot@!
Yes and you failed at spelling grats

good work
i was typing fast, and corrected it in the next few lines after that screenie.
٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔGo Cubs Goʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Payload
The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

Grats Nukkas

Post by Payload » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Looking Good.
Payload - Troll Gun Slinger
Tier

Post by Tier » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm

I have skittles
Palin