Starcalls and One Light in the Darkness

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Starcalls and One Light in the Darkness

Post by Palin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:48 am

These past few weeks following our spree of Hard Mode kills, we've been focusing on a few different things. On the 10 man front, after nabbing server first Glory of the Ulduar Raider in Normal difficulty last month, we've been playing around with Algalon as well. While not a difficult fight mechanics-wise, the tank gibs are unforgiving to say the least, and the lockout timer is quite frustrating when you know you're close to a kill. Lucky last week we pushed him down in the nick of time, on our last attempt with only seconds before the Berserk. Grats to the server first Starcallers!

We also have another group who finished Mim/Yogg Hard modes in 10 man last week, and will be nabbing their Drakes in the coming days. Big grats to them, and expect another Algalon killshot picture soon!

On the 25 man front, we've been playing around with Yogg and Freya's Hard modes, nabbing a 2 Light in the Darkness and 2 Elder Freya kill in the past few weeks since the last update. This week we decided to focus our efforts on Yogg's Meta-Hard mode, One Light in the Darkness, after a brutal 2% enrage last week. After some struggles getting back to the point we were at the previous week, we got our heads on straight and managed to not do anything dumb long enough to pull out a kill, just in the nick of time.

Big grats to everyone and thanks as always for your dedication. That fight sucks hard in the random RNG factor, and we got very lucky with our kill, so let's make sure not to slack off on it next week and get some farming in!

Mimiron and Freya are all that stand in our way to Algalon, and with the recent nerfs, we have no excuse not to be killing them within the next week or two. Let's keep pushing more server firsts Spike Flail. Shortened raid weeks await us!
Azzinoth

Post by Azzinoth » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:38 am

See that flexing tauren in the background? Yeah, me either. Fat-ass tree.
Rallik
Website Dude

Post by Rallik » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 am

i like whatever effect that is that made me look shrouded in darkness on the algalon shot, i'm all sinister
rejekt

Post by rejekt » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Rallik wrote:i like whatever effect that is that made me look shrouded in darkness on the algalon shot, i'm all sinister
Yeah.. He seems to leave behind some black cloud. Dunno if it was some graphical glitch from a black hole or what. Disappeared shortly afterwards.