Welcome to Sunwell...

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Welcome to Sunwell...

Post by Palin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 am

...where cool Dragons fulfill their obligatory "become corrupted so 25 people can beat me up and take my loots" experience, Pit Lords miraculously one shot an enemy who completely dominated them previously, and scantily-clad cow women fulfill the dreams of every nerd who harbors a secret hoof fetish...

With the release of 2.4, we didn't push right into Sunwell like a lot of other guilds did. We knew we were behind on gear with only 2 months of Illidan kills under our belt, and felt it was best to keep farming for those upgrades now instead of later, when Kil'jaeden was accessible. Therefore we didn't get into Sunwell until nearly a week after its release, but what an instance it turned out to be.

After an eerie recollection of the worse part of ZA during the trash, we finally found ourselves at the first boss, Kalecgos. Kalec definately has to one of my favorite fights in the game so far personally: requiring an amazing amount of raid coordination and logistical planning while remaining demanding in its gear requirements. Our first night of attempts left us feeling confident in our ability to down him, and we did just that in 3 pulls on our next night in.

Next up was the big gear check himself, Brutallus. While we always felt we had the ability to win the fight, it definitely proved to be one of the most challenging encounters we've faced in a long time. The shear amount of tank damage astounded us and came close to demoralizing us after countless wipes with no relief or mercy. Brutallus broke our usual two night kill streak, but he did eventually fall on the third.

We ended our first full night of attempts at two 4% Enrages last Monday, and entered in after a fresh round of BT farming on Wednesday to take him down. Unfortunately we were forced to call the night after two harrowing 1% wipes, giving us 3 days to dwell on our mistakes and focus ourselves to pushing out that final DPS. Tonight on Sunday, he finally fell over a few seconds after his Enrage killed our tanks, barely on time...

What an amazingly tuned fight... It was intimidating entering into it with no more then 10 Illidan kills and no Warglaives, compared to the guilds who've been farming Illidan since last year barely making Enrages too. As they have done since SSC though, our DPS never failed to amaze us as we squeezed out every point of DPS we could through consumables, raid synergy, and perfect rotations. Big props to our amazing healing crew as well, who works so well together at overcoming any obstacle, and stayed positive even after losing our tanks countless times in less then a second, despite max rank healing spam.

Our WWS of the Brut Kill, for anyone interested.

Great job to everyone, the fun has only just begun!
Last edited by Palin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astana

Post by Astana » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:55 am

all i can say is twin eredars is going to give our healers a new challenge... ~_~ UGH REGEMMING NEEDED?! SUP?!!?!?!?
Actovision

Post by Actovision » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:16 am

New points of discussion: Twin Eredars or Eredar Twins? Felmyst or Myst that is Fel?
qourthon

Post by qourthon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 pm

And zero Crystalspires... :cry:

Should start dropping. But no matter, a dead boss is a dead boss.

Nicely put Ushas.
Crez

Post by Crez » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:15 pm

:)
Tier

Post by Tier » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:39 pm

I was burnin pots IRL.... I mean beer.
Notmish

Post by Notmish » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:45 pm

I was so drunk by the time we killed him...lol.
Swole

Post by Swole » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 pm

WTB more jumping reindeer.

Astana and Cryana like to ride me in bear form (so does Actovision, sadly).
What time is it? Broomtime
Retired Professional Getaway Whip
Leynn

Post by Leynn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Congrats to everyone. Couple of tough wipes, but you stuck in there. Lets keep the train moving through the next batch of encounters.

And thanks to everyone who put in the extra effort farming mats/consumables.
Astana

Post by Astana » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:07 pm

qourthon wrote:And zero Crystalspires... :cry:

Should start dropping. But no matter, a dead boss is a dead boss.

Nicely put Ushas.
should.

OH HOW WE'VE BEEN HOPING >_>