Adieu Draenor

Find out what's new in Spike Flail!

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

Adieu Draenor

Post by Palin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 pm

In Feb of 2012, the last remnants of the ragtag group we had assembled over the years defeated Madness of Deathwing... and said goodbye to hardcore WoW raiding.

In December of 2014, the itch had returned, and ~12 people decided to see what we could do in Warlords of Draenor. We had no real plan or vision to become an elite raiding guild again, we just wanted to kill some bosses. We grabbed some friends, and finally got enough people to do Mythic Highmaul late in its lifespan - only killing 3 bosses on Mythic. But the drive and competitive fire was back.

In December of 2015, after months of roster churn, recruitment, and pushing ourselves to be better - we killed Archimonde US#118. Ironically, the same rank we left Cataclysm with. COINCIDENCE????????????????????????

In August of 2016, we find ourselves in a situation we've never been in before. We stand at the precipice of a new expansion with a roster that is ready and willing to do what it takes to compete. Our roster is healthy and plentiful, as opposed to scrapping together friends who want to play with us. The past 8 months have been a quiet reprieve from the pace that is Mythic progression, a calm before the storm. That storm is brewing again on the horizon, and we're ready.

Old friends and new, thank you for helping us rebuild so successfully in Warlords of Draenor. I'll never forget the growth and development our guild went through these 18 months, and couldn't be prouder of what we've become and where we stand going into Legion. I look forward to more laughs, tears, and screams in the coming months as we find stupid ways to wipe on things we shouldn't - and amaze ourselves with what we can do when we focus and work together. Legion is going to be a fun one, and we couldn't be going into it with a better group of players.

I'll see you on the other side of the war.
Jules
Phil Kessel is my bae

Re: Adieu Draenor

Post by Jules » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Honestly don't wanna get sappy, but after I had to make the decision to disband my raid group, I didn't think I would find a guild that I felt so in place in and could be proud of. Spike Flail proved me wrong.

So thanks. I love you guys.

Fuck off, I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING.

Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:31 pm

"merry band of idiots" FTW
Rush
Do you have a moment to talk about Crit?

Post by Rush » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 pm

I have a sentiment much like Whimzee... but first a little backstory.

I transferred to Nerzhul with Rallik at the start of Wrath because he got a trial on some guild called Spike Flail, I rememer I made fun of him because I thought the guild name was funny. Fast forward to Ulduar and you guys really started to dominate, I promptly became jealous and all I wanted to do was join. Unfortunately you guys had like 12 priests on roster so I never even bothered to app.

I eventually joined disbanded during the race for server first yogg-0 light, we were maybe 40 seconds away from the kill when I fucked up and lost all my sanity and wiped the raid. 15 minutes later you guys got the kill, I remember the deafening silence on the Disbanded ventrilo, that was the final nail in the coffin and they... disbanded.... 2 weeks later.

When our raid leader upped and quit on us during Mythic Imperator progression I was pretty sure that I was done with raiding. I had no desire to go through the grind of trying to find a new home, that's when Palin stepped in and asked if I could help you guys out while you were trying to find your feet. I reluctantly agreed thinking that it wasnt going to work and I'd be done with the game in no time. For the first time in a long time I wasn't an officer people were looking to for leadership, I could just log in and do my job. This guild has a fantastic core of players and leadership and it's a breathe of fresh air for me, I can't comment enough how nice it is to just be a raider again.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to kill some new bosses with a guild, see everyone in Legion :D
Firnafth

Post by Firnafth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:28 pm

You make even me feel sappy in my cold, fresh-recruited heart.
Nellorae

Post by Nellorae » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

So the move to Mal'Ganis worked out okay, eh?
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Nellorae wrote:So the move to Mal'Ganis worked out okay, eh?
Twas a good call!
Whimzee wrote:Honestly don't wanna get sappy, but after I had to make the decision to disband my raid group, I didn't think I would find a guild that I felt so in place in and could be proud of. Spike Flail proved me wrong.

So thanks. I love you guys.

Fuck off, I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING.
Rush wrote:I have a sentiment much like Whimzee... but first a little backstory.

I transferred to Nerzhul with Rallik at the start of Wrath because he got a trial on some guild called Spike Flail, I rememer I made fun of him because I thought the guild name was funny. Fast forward to Ulduar and you guys really started to dominate, I promptly became jealous and all I wanted to do was join. Unfortunately you guys had like 12 priests on roster so I never even bothered to app.

I eventually joined disbanded during the race for server first yogg-0 light, we were maybe 40 seconds away from the kill when I fucked up and lost all my sanity and wiped the raid. 15 minutes later you guys got the kill, I remember the deafening silence on the Disbanded ventrilo, that was the final nail in the coffin and they... disbanded.... 2 weeks later.

When our raid leader upped and quit on us during Mythic Imperator progression I was pretty sure that I was done with raiding. I had no desire to go through the grind of trying to find a new home, that's when Palin stepped in and asked if I could help you guys out while you were trying to find your feet. I reluctantly agreed thinking that it wasnt going to work and I'd be done with the game in no time. For the first time in a long time I wasn't an officer people were looking to for leadership, I could just log in and do my job. This guild has a fantastic core of players and leadership and it's a breathe of fresh air for me, I can't comment enough how nice it is to just be a raider again.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to kill some new bosses with a guild, see everyone in Legion :D

Also thanks for the inside job Rush back in Ulduar, couldn't have done it without you. /salute
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:29 pm

as corny as it sounds, i was not lying when i told all you apps that this is pretty much the last guild people join.
Saitek

Post by Saitek » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Spike Flail is a nice place to call home! I'm glad Rush told me to apply here.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Saitek wrote:Spike Flail is a nice place to call home! I'm glad Rush told me to apply here.
This reply is so you lol <3
Sektyr

Post by Sektyr » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Melbu wrote:as corny as it sounds, i was not lying when i told all you apps that this is pretty much the last guild people join.
I dunno, we'll see how well I handle progression with Niko. He's going to turn me into an alcoholic with him.
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Sektyr wrote:
Melbu wrote:as corny as it sounds, i was not lying when i told all you apps that this is pretty much the last guild people join.
I dunno, we'll see how well I handle progression with Niko. He's going to turn me into an alcoholic with him.
then you can go to AA meetings together
Marko
Go Leafs Go

Post by Marko » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Don't worry, the Canadians are here to carry the Trump voters
Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 pm

It really is. No other guild is like this one. Wouldn't ever want to raid with anyone but you guys. We're all assholes, but we're OUR assholes.
٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔGo Cubs Goʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Kal

Post by Kal » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Aww you're welcome Palin, anything else you need me to help you with?
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Kal wrote:Aww you're welcome Palin, anything else you need me to help you with?
COME BACK MOTHER FUCKER. Play Shadow with Rush, form the dream-team.
Kal

Post by Kal » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Palin wrote:
Kal wrote:Aww you're welcome Palin, anything else you need me to help you with?
COME BACK MOTHER FUCKER. Play Shadow with Rush, form the dream-team.
Honestly considering it, but even if I did I doubt I would raid hardcore. Min/maxing, watching hours of videos, reading life time novels about bosses etc... No patience for that anymore. It used to be fun, especially in TBC and WoTLK, but after that I just lost that drive. Even in WoD I clearly didn't have it.
Actovision

Post by Actovision » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Grats on Archimonde!

Hey Professor one of your email accounts got compromised, I think.
Palin 2016: Two feasts on every dinner table in America!
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Actovision wrote:Grats on Archimonde!

Hey Professor one of your email accounts got compromised, I think.
Yo Acto! How've you been.

Which email?
Hotblooded
Hotblooded

Post by Hotblooded » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 am

Agreed m8

That Archimonde vid was fantastic. Considering Coming back for new expac...miss you guys, only recognize 3 names anymore...
|

OLD MAN

|