Palin
The Professor

The Dramatic End

Post by Palin » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:34 am

Couldn't have drawn this one up to be more dramatic if you tried
  • Final raid night of one of our core DPSers before a schedule change? Check
    Scheduled raid time ends so very close to a kill? Check
    Last pull of the night after extending 30 minutes? Duh
    Kill the boss with literally one second left before Infernals wipe us? You know it.

Raid Log

Kill Video - Disc Priest PoV:

Kill Video - Guardian Druid PoV

A dramatic end to a dramatic expansion for our raiding team. This entire expansion was one of growth and development for our team. We came back to the game as a handful of buddies with a desire to kill some bosses. We admittedly were quite shit to start the expansion, as we struggled to rekindle the organization, discipline, and structure that we enjoyed in our hayday years ago. HM/BRF saw us go through the growing pains of learning to raid at a competitive level again, while reshaping our roster to add more talent as we could.

As disappointing as BRF ended for us, something clicked for us HFC. Maybe it was the pain and sadness we felt not getting BH down before the patch. Maybe it was us getting our raiding legs back. More than likely it was a continued push to recruit new talent to surround our existing core, some who dropped out as the months moved on. But by the end of this year 2015 and our progression in Warlords of Draenor, I look at our guild and see the level coordination, structure, and accomplishments that we pushed ourselves this whole expansion to be at. Our progression timeline is one I take pride in:

Certainly nothing there is a world-beater, and still not in the top 25 US like we were in WotLK, but what makes me proud is the jumps we made from boss to boss within this tier. We came into HFC as a 9/10 Mythic guild, and our first kills were in the US ~250ish range. Inside these past few months, we've improved our performance to the point where we doubled our progression and ended within a the top 120 US. Within that is 3 jumps - one on Gorefiend, one on Tyrant/Xhul, and the final one on Archi.

At the end of the day, Guild rankings mean very little. But why this matters to me is it shows we consistently improved this tier - each new boss we challenged ourselves to improve and be better than the last, and by in large we succeeded. We're not perfect, we're not the best players in the world, but we've come together and found a way to make ourselves every night. As a GM that's really all you can ask for, and I'm damn proud of the strides we made this tier.

I look forward to farming some mounts and taking it a bit easier the next few weeks with teh great group of individuals we've amassed in Spike Flail these past few months, both old and news. I tip my hat to you guys and thank you for the dedication and effort you put in every night to reach our goals. We have a lot of time off before Legion, but unlike the last expansion launch, I'm confident in the infrastructure and roster we have in place to immediately begin challenging ourselves to progress even further in Legion. Thank you again, now let's get some mounts. :)

Love (nohomo),

-Professor Eric Paylin the 3rd
nikolai
HALLO!

Re: The Dramatic End

Post by nikolai » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:35 am

Malarowski

Post by Malarowski » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:54 am

You da best! Congrats guys.
Zsinj

Post by Zsinj » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:37 am

I love you all
Saitek

Post by Saitek » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:33 pm

yea good work all around! Even not being in for the kill, just sitting there listening in and watching on twitch. My blood was pumping as you guys got closer and closer! Much appreciation all around for all the work that went into this tier. I look forward to continuing this momentum going into Legion!
Serasis

Post by Serasis » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 pm

I had a feeling you guys would get it. Congrats to everyone new and old whos been along this ride. Lets kick some ass going into legion!
Methios
Grand Casual

Post by Methios » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Love you guys, wouldn't dare to do this with any other group.
٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶٩๏̮͡๏)۶

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔGo Cubs Goʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Rush
Do you have a moment to talk about Crit?

Post by Rush » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Yayy GG SF
Meaning
Below average destro lock

Post by Meaning » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Grats guys!
Chase Utley is a bitch
qourthon

Post by qourthon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:38 am

This is very exciting! Congratulations guys!
Etrisa

Post by Etrisa » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Great job guys!
Rill
Son of Mish - Stuck in a Rock

Post by Rill » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:51 am

Glad to see you all keeping with tradition! Makes my heart proud. Congrats!
Drek'Thar is my homeboy.